Competitions Round 1 Lineup vs Fremantle - CLOSING TONIGHT!! 9.00pm. GET YOUR FINAL TEAMS IN BY THEN

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I disagree with Murph forward. He's our quarter back and needs to see the whole paddock ahead of him.

Would be silly to use him otherwise IMO.
Like we did in our last finals series? That didn't seem silly to me. While I'm more for him staying back, I think it's far from silly to use him in the forward line occasionally.

Like we did in our last finals series? That didn't seem silly to me. While I'm more for him staying back, I think it's far from silly to use him in the forward line occasionally.
I am okay with occasionally also, depending on the circumstances of the game of course because we are ever-adapting.

I just think the game has developed far too much in the past 5 years, and Murph's experience (along with Moyd) organising the back line and hitting target after target is of the highest importance to our current structure.

Just IMO of course. Can easily see the benefit in his ball use in the front half. But would just destroy much of what turned us into a borderline elite counter attacking team last year.

Would love to see Murph start the game at CHF, would definitely throw off Freo, hell chuck Stringer behind the ball for the first ball of the game too. Hit the contest hard running off half back and get us going forward.

Murph leading up and delivering inside 50 would be fantastic for the likes of Boyd, Red and well everyone. Not for the whole game though but we have enough options to cover him for a bit.

Would love to see Murph start the game at CHF, would definitely throw off Freo, hell chuck Stringer behind the ball for the first ball of the game too. Hit the contest hard running off half back and get us going forward.

Murph leading up and delivering inside 50 would be fantastic for the likes of Boyd, Red and well everyone. Not for the whole game though but we have enough options to cover him for a bit.
I think you've raised an important point there ftw. Would playing Murphy forward benefit Red and Boyd. I think it really could and might be a good way to spread our experienced players more evenly across the field. Murphy has played forward before and done so very well. Would his age be a factor though? Would he have more football left in him playing a less intense roll across half back.

Dickson would be a big loss if he can't get up for round 1. If it's only soreness, it makes sense to rest him from the Nab challenge games, hopefully his fitness is good enough to still play against the Dockers if he's healthy enough. He was very, very good against them last year...

No Roberts or Adcock in the team this weekend. Looking unlikely that they will be in our team round one.

Dickson's absence a minor worry but may mean two of Hrovat, Jong and Daniel get to play against Freo.

No Roberts or Adcock in the team this weekend. Looking unlikely that they will be in our team round one.

Dickson's absence a minor worry but may mean two of Hrovat, Jong and Daniel get to play against Freo.
News filtering in is Roberts is in and Hamling has withdrawn. No idea why but hopefully Hamling is ok for round one.

News filtering in is Roberts is in and Hamling has withdrawn. No idea why but hopefully Hamling is ok for round one.
Concerning, if anything other than management of number of minutes played. Did Hamling play NAB1, I can't recall.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Concerning, if anything other than management of number of minutes played. Did Hamling play NAB1, I can't recall.

You would think if it was time management they wouldn't have picked him to begin with. Then again if he is injured he probably only had a 2 hour time frame in which to be injured.

Maybe Roberts has given the match committee an impassioned plea to give him a chance to gain selection ahead of Collins or Adams for round one. If Hamling was first choice defender maybe they have taken Roberts points on board and decided to let him have a final crack.
It would explain why the side was changed so soon after its announcement although it is a bit left field I know.

I think we should start round 1 with Bonti, Stringer and Macrae all in the centre square. Would be first time Freo actually faced a midfield that was taller than theirs....

I think we should start round 1 with Bonti, Stringer and Macrae all in the centre square. Would be first time Freo actually faced a midfield that was taller than theirs....
Would playing Stringer in the centre be effected if Dickson doesn't come up for round one.

If Dickson misses with Crameri already out means Stringer will have spend a lot of time forward. If this happens I would defiantly think about throwing Murph forward to fill Dicksons role. Suckling, Moyd, JJ and Biggs off HBF still gives us good drive and accuracy coming out of defence.

Re Shane Biggs. His stats and contributions were rock solid in the 10 games he played last year and he'll be an important part of the team this year too. He's not the most naturally gifted player around but he allows other players like Murph and JJ to be moved around where they are best needed.
At the moment I see Biggs slotting in when Murph retires so why not start Murph forward and go back if it's not happening for Biggs on the day

So who do you see getting the full back gig? Could be try Roughy there or Roberts even

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back