Game Day Round 1: St Kilda vs Fremantle

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s like we rewatched the Magpies final and said “We’ve got to slow it down more, yeah, that’s why we lost.”

Anyways I’m actually missing Blake Acres’ two way running and staying wide and I want Noddy in the wings too.

We were crap in a lot of 1st halves last year so hopefully that's out of the system and the real stuff starts.

Fyfe to the centre and Jackson to the forward line.
It's sad that the thought of Fyfe to on-ball is even needing to be thrown around, we supposedly have one of the strongest young midfields in the comp

* me. How good would Carlton be if they'd picked up Ross? Absolutely stifled us strategically. Backing Jlo to make changes but Ross could squeeze blood and effort out of a stone.

💯 thank * Carlton’s arrogant decision making has saved us from a potential Carlton premiership
Agreed. Had Ross Lyon coached Carlton last season, they would of easily made finals

Serong been quiet..
Expecting him to come out fired in second half..
We can't play any worse than that..
I can't believe I'm saying this but the Umps have kept is in it
JOM hasn’t been flash. Really feel Brodie needs to get in there often as he’s a better reader of Darcy and is quick.

Honestly this game is of far worse quality than Thursday night But...we aren't looking anywhere near as bad as what some are saying. We look better skilled and quicker when we force the turnover. I think we actually look better, St. Kilda are throwing the sink at it.

Forwardline dysfunctional and Fyfes field kicking is f@#%ing atrocious. Free kicks somewhat soft but all there. Saints ill disciplined mouthing off cost them goals, 100% boneheaded dumbarsery on their parts.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Should be 3 goals down, umpires have kept us in this.
It’s been both ways.
At the game, gotta say we have been extremely disappointing. Terrible movement, slow and stagnant, poor skills. Extremely lucky to be playing a bad team and have scores level.

Hope we can fire up
Pretty sure the game plan is ignore anybody free in the middle, chip sideways until we can go long down the wing to one of our smalls against a saints tall.

The other thing is the Saints are out working us to contests, so we spill the mark and are out numbered.

Better intent that quarter, but incredibly disappointing from the mids. We're making a pre-mid season cocaine scandal Brad Crouch, Brad Hill and Jack Sinclair look like Ablett, Selwood and Dangerfield.

The static nature of the play and lack of leads is worrying - I don't think Fyfe one-out works. Need Tabs deep, Treacy higher and Fyfe roaming. Josh and Darcy grab those marks and it's a much different looking ball game.

Backs classy as always (although I'm still not sold on Willo and Hughes), Jackson showing glimpses. Just need a bit of a rocket in the rooms.

Far out that was underwhelming. We are numbingly boring. I haven't watched every game this round but this is the worst

Surely Fyfe goes into the midfield for third quarter. Surely? RTB will be laughing his ass off if we leave him at full forward like this and is getting cleaned in the midfield

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back