Round 1 team

Remove this Banner Ad

Also can any Richmond supporter shed some light on Relton Roberts? No offense intended but i've never heard of him. What sort of player is he?

No worrys Sublime.

RR is a small (well not that small) was elevated from the rookie list 2 weeks ago and was drafted from the NT, very very dark indiginous forward who will start in the forward pocket, will be wearing #50 on the back. Excellent ability around goals, and does those things that alot of the indiginous players do. Can pretty much pop them through on both sides from anywhere within the arc, very accurate shot on goal. Deceptively quick, and when given the time has fantastic skills, great defensive pressure and often has the mecurial touch.

In the last practice match he recieved the ball through the congestion with a one hand pick up, eluded a tackler calmly took 2 bounces and slotted the ball through from 55 metres.

Like i said, he has that sparkle when he gets near the ball, similair to how Wonaemirri (2 years ago) and Jurrah have.

Only real issue right now is his fitness - will probably be used in spurts as he doesnt have the fitness to run out a full match just yet.

Think of a better version of Austin Wonaemirri with the goaling nouse of Eddie Betts - and thats Scooby (RR). :thumbsu:

No worrys Sublime.

RR is a small (well not that small) was elevated from the rookie list 2 weeks ago and was drafted from the NT, very very dark indiginous forward who will start in the forward pocket, will be wearing #50 on the back. Excellent ability around goals, and does those things that alot of the indiginous players do. Can pretty much pop them through on both sides from anywhere within the arc, very accurate shot on goal. Deceptively quick, and when given the time has fantastic skills, great defensive pressure and often has the mecurial touch.

In the last practice match he recieved the ball through the congestion with a one hand pick up, eluded a tackler calmly took 2 bounces and slotted the ball through from 55 metres.

Like i said, he has that sparkle when he gets near the ball, similair to how Wonaemirri (2 years ago) and Jurrah have.

Only real issue right now is his fitness - will probably be used in spurts as he doesnt have the fitness to run out a full match just yet.

Think of a better version of Austin Wonaemirri with the goaling nouse of Eddie Betts - and thats Scooby (RR). :thumbsu:

Thanks for the write up XYZ, sounds like he might be tough to match up on. Certainly Thornton won't play on him (assuming Joseph to Nahas).

While you're here, I was going to invade one of your Richmond threads with this but since you're reading, what's the go with Tuck? I was a little too drunk on my fantasy league's draft day and selected him in one of the later rounds as my first bench mid and along with McMahon, he's not even in your top 25 going on round 1 teams. Shocked :confused:

Thanks for the write up XYZ, sounds like he might be tough to match up on. Certainly Thornton won't play on him (assuming Joseph to Nahas).

While you're here, I was going to invade one of your Richmond threads with this but since you're reading, what's the go with Tuck? I was a little too drunk on my fantasy league's draft day and selected him in one of the later rounds as my first bench mid and along with McMahon, he's not even in your top 25 going on round 1 teams. Shocked :confused:

Only small backman from the Blues i know enough about is Joseph, and he will probably take Nahas. Relton will probably have a small-medium sized defender on him - you would know more about how this could be than i do.

With Tucky: he is about 27 now so he probably wont be there if/when we start getting any good. Right now, Thomson (to be honest i dont see much in him) has his place in the side. Hardwick is obviously doing this as he wants the younger brigade to gel and grow together. There is no doubt Tucky is an excellent inside ball winner, but with Martin/Jackson/Thomson and those likes in the middle he will find it hard to get a game unless somebody falls out of favor or gets injured. Also he is more of a "win it and bomb it" sort of player, and Hardwick has made it very clear that he wants good users of the football.

For what its worth, id rather have Tuck instead of Thomson. Mainly due to the reason that he is 190cm+, and is actually quite a reliable shot on goal. Having him rotate midfield to the HFF would help alot - but eh im not on the match commitee :p

But yeah, with the younger side policy Hardwick has going i think Tucky will get minimal game time unless and injury/somebody falls out of favor which i think is a bit of a shame.

Only small backman from the Blues i know enough about is Joseph, and he will probably take Nahas. Relton will probably have a small-medium sized defender on him - you would know more about how this could be than i do.

Reckon Houlihan will get the job on Roberts. He's quite accountable when he goes into the backline, done the job on some pretty good players including Aaron Davey. He's also handy delivering the ball out of the backline with his excellent disposal, which may attract the first gamers attention and get him off his attacking game.

Any other game I would have said Carazzo, but being his 100th he'll probably get a bit of a ticket to do what he wants across half forward instead. Thinking Russell at this stage, god help us.

With Tucky: he is about 27 now so he probably wont be there if/when we start getting any good. Right now, Thomson (to be honest i dont see much in him) has his place in the side. Hardwick is obviously doing this as he wants the younger brigade to gel and grow together. There is no doubt Tucky is an excellent inside ball winner, but with Martin/Jackson/Thomson and those likes in the middle he will find it hard to get a game unless somebody falls out of favor or gets injured. Also he is more of a "win it and bomb it" sort of player, and Hardwick has made it very clear that he wants good users of the football.

For what its worth, id rather have Tuck instead of Thomson. Mainly due to the reason that he is 190cm+, and is actually quite a reliable shot on goal. Having him rotate midfield to the HFF would help alot - but eh im not on the match commitee :p

But yeah, with the younger side policy Hardwick has going i think Tucky will get minimal game time unless and injury/somebody falls out of favor which i think is a bit of a shame.

Sucks to be the dumb one that drafted him in fantasy then. Guess I will be ditching him come free agency time. Oh well, thanks for the heads up.

No worrys Sublime.

Well let me just say ..

Yarran >> Roberts ;)

Reckon Houlihan will get the job on Roberts. He's quite accountable when he goes into the backline, done the job on some pretty good players including Aaron Davey. He's also handy delivering the ball out of the backline with his excellent disposal, which may attract the first gamers attention and get him off his attacking game.

I mean realistically we cant really expect TOO much from our 1st gamer. 10 possesions and 1 or 2 goals i think would be a good start for him. Anything more than that is a bonus.

Well let me just say ..

Yarran >> Roberts ;)

You would want to bloody well hope so because you are comparing a top 10 draft pick to a 1st year rookie :p It will be interesting to see how they go.

I mean realistically we cant really expect TOO much from our 1st gamer. 10 possesions and 1 or 2 goals i think would be a good start for him. Anything more than that is a bonus.

You would want to bloody well hope so because you are comparing a top 10 draft pick to a 1st year rookie :p It will be interesting to see how they go.

Agreed. Good to see some realistic posting from a Richmond supporter. All the best tonight, hope you can see some positive signs from the young blokes. Like the look of Nason, glad he's getting a run :thumbsu:

Agreed. Good to see some realistic posting from a Richmond supporter. All the best tonight, hope you can see some positive signs from the young blokes. Like the look of Nason, glad he's getting a run :thumbsu:

No point getting too delusional - have to be realistic or it will just be a set up for dissapointment (see 2009). Most of the tiger supporters know where we are at, at this point in time.

Nason looks good - really heart in the mouth stuff when he went down with the knee against the Hawks, so im very happy to see him out there! Funny that, we trade away a clogger like Schultz and pick up a promising small backman (Farmer) AND the pick (50 something?) we used to draft Nason.

If we come away with a win ill be ecstatic. However if we can keep the loss under 5-6 goals AND show some good defensive pressure, good structures and improved skill from the youngsters and more experienced players alike ill also be happy.

Best of luck and here's to a good contest tonight :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Basically, we think it would be good if you replaced him

Oh yeah saw it in the other thread. While i dont disagree that if Morton and Reiwoldt can get loose and kick a few we are a chance i dont think he thought that argument out very well.

Then again it is KB - so whatever he says, most likely the opposite will happen.

You're a bit delusional. Let me walk you through a few key points. First up even the Bleakmond site has Riewoldt listed at 193cm which is generous. He looks more like a 192cm non-athletic KP type. Somehow he's 195cm now according to you. I guess he'll be 201cm by 7pm.

Second point. You're saying Vickery will play at "FF/CHF primarily", so I guess that means you won't have a 2nd ruck. So are you saying a 32yo, 196cm average ruck will be up against Warnock and Kruezer for the whole night? Are you serious?

Think Hardwick stuffed up the selection, and is going to have to make a late change.... an embarrassing start.

:)

He's listed at 193cm from when he was drafted. According to the Herald Sun with this years figures he's 195cm. But I defer to your expert opinion.

Personally, I'm amazed that your eyesight and judgement are so good you can tell the difference between a 193cm player and a 192cm player. Surely your impressive talents are wasted on our humble game of football - you should be out there, making a difference in the world with your amazing abilities.

He's listed at 193cm from when he was drafted. According to the Herald Sun with this years figures he's 195cm. ...

Sure about that? I'm sure I read a HUN article that said he has grown to around 200cm now, maybe more. Perhaps he should play in the ruck? He only looks the same height as 192cm defenders he lines up against because of the camera angle apparently.

Sure about that? I'm sure I read a HUN article that said he has grown to around 200cm now, maybe more. Perhaps he should play in the ruck? He only looks the same height as 192cm defenders he lines up against because of the camera angle apparently.

Apparently it's not just when he's playing senior footy, he also goes weak at the knees in front of the camera too. That explains it.

Discussed this elsewhere - was it with you reds? If they counter by having their ruckman man him up and bank on their RR hurting us more than our ruck them - where does that leave us?

Good work on the mail but worried now that you are also giving Richmond mail. Are you the

2459829223_81f055eb0c_b.jpg

If the Richmond coaching panel are reading BF to work out their match-ups, their club is in more strife than anyone had realised.

You misread it MSRD - I wondered how he was giving us Inside info from Richmond ;)

Warnock would push forward as much as possible to take advantage of his height and you'd assign AJ or similar to mind his man going the other way.

They can't really afford to have the ruckman really minding Kreuzer if he's playing as a true RR. He's run them off their feet, beat them at ground level and then take them forward and kick goals.

Isn't that how Kreuze has always played and it has come down to whether he is more damaging than their ruckman?

This scenario you paint is now more a case of the ruckman (Warnock) going forward after the bounce and this could result in

• If we chose to play a 7 man (crowded?) forward line then they would play a 5 man forward line (common except in this instance their extra man down back would have a man). If all this did occur then someone like AJ might end up taking Warnocks onball role instead of being loose in defence but Kreuze will still most likely be responsible for their ruckman on our match-ups board wont he?
  • On the other hand their ruckman might follow Warnock which would achieve your aim of backing Kreuze against their RR - most likely a more conventional running RR (This is the only scenario where I don't see Kreuze essentially being our ruckman ie responsible for their ruckman but Warnock would have to cover a lot of ground for them to still see him as a ruck-forward and use their ruckman on him)
  • But if the most likely is what you suggest and that is us having a different on baller while Warnock is a forward then Kreuze is really going to be responsible fo their ruck on our match-ups board isn't he?
Which really gets back to what we have always had - Kreuze in a mobile/Jimmy Stynes type ruck role :confused::eek:

You misread it MSRD - I wondered how he was giving us Inside info from Richmond ;)

Isn't that how Kreuze has always played and it has come down to whether he is more damaging than their ruckman?

This scenario you paint is now more a case of the ruckman (Warnock) going forward after the bounce and this could result in

• If we chose to play a 7 man (crowded?) forward line then they would play a 5 man forward line (common except in this instance their extra man down back would have a man). If all this did occur then someone like AJ might end up taking Warnocks onball role instead of being loose in defence but Kreuze will still most likely be responsible for their ruckman on our match-ups board wont he?
  • On the other hand their ruckman might follow Warnock which would achieve your aim of backing Kreuze against their RR - most likely a more conventional running RR (This is the only scenario where I don't see Kreuze essentially being our ruckman ie responsible for their ruckman but Warnock would have to cover a lot of ground for them to still see him as a ruck-forward and use their ruckman on him)
  • But if the most likely is what you suggest and that is us having a different on baller while Warnock is a forward then Kreuze is really going to be responsible fo their ruck on our match-ups board isn't he?
Which really gets back to what we have always had - Kreuze in a mobile/Jimmy Stynes type ruck role :confused::eek:

That's it Five, no more mail for you.....

Remove this Banner Ad

Round 1 team

Remove this Banner Ad

Back