Unofficial Preview Round 1 Vs Giants - Saturday March 16

Remove this Banner Ad

We play 3 of the 4 prelim finalists in the first five weeks…..

Don’t forget the trip to Pork Barrell Bowling Alley in Rd 5.

There’s nowhere to hide and the players will certainly get to test how they stack up against potential top 4 sides.

Anyone, anywhere, any time.

Win a quarter or 2. Take it up to them for 1/2 to 3/4 and keep the margin to below 30 points will be a decent hit out vs a contender this early in the year. Build the belief that we can match them at out best and attack the second half of the season.

6 to 8 wins is not out of reach this year.

Anyone, anywhere, any time.

Win a quarter or 2. Take it up to them for 1/2 to 3/4 and keep the margin to below 30 points will be a decent hit out vs a contender this early in the year. Build the belief that we can match them at out best and attack the second half of the season.

6 to 8 wins is not out of reach this year.
We will finish top 4 . Clarkson is hiding something. He wouldn’t expose his whole game plan in practice games ..

We're completely and utterly up against it. They're a better team than us on practically every front, it's at their home ground, and they've already had a proper competitive hitout (not that we slacked off with the two pre season games).

If we can get everyone through the match unscathed without having an abhorrant 80+ point loss then that will be enough for me. The week after is where I'll start being a bit more critical.

Heaps of Fun nailed it on the previous page, for our first game of the season we've been thrown to the wolves by the AFL.
🤣 We try to tell ourselves these things, but it’s not true. If we come out unscathed and lose by 70 points, I’ll be livid. I’ll accept a 27-30 points loss, nothing more.

I actually think Northball is the wrong method against this lot. They're better at it than we are and they're older, stronger and faster. We need to make it a gross, contested slog to be any chance, and even then Green is damn near the best contested mid in the comp so it might need to be Greenwood to sit on him.
If we turn this into a track meet they’ll kill us.

We'll give them a scare. We may not win, but like people said that was their grand final. No one expects us to get close and Giants won't have much respect for us going into it.

Northball will genuinely surprise teams this year, especially when we aren't playing in windy suburban ground conditions. Also LDU always cruises through preseason and come round 1 he turns it on.

I think we're a chance at a massive upset purely by catching them by surprise.

We'll give them a scare. We may not win, but like people said that was their grand final. No one expects us to get close and Giants won't have much respect for us going into it.

Northball will genuinely surprise teams this year, especially when we aren't playing in windy suburban ground conditions. Also LDU always cruises through preseason and come round 1 he turns it on.

I think we're a chance at a massive upset purely by catching them by surprise.
I love it . Clarkson got something up his sleeve I think .

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good test.

Apart from round 2 (Freo), there won't be any ‘easy’ games for the first 4 rounds.

1. Giants
2. Dockers
3. Carlton
4. Brisbane

I'm eager to see our benchmark….

Doubt 'easy' is the word, even in quotations. Fremantle underachieved last year and they know it

I think they overachieved in 2022 finishing 5th

Hence the belief that they underachieved last year….

Last years form is what I think their list is at…still a young team…

Lachie Schultz loss will also hurt them up forward…

Regardless - there are no easy games for us. If we play our best and they don’t, we are a chance.

justin longmuire is a dud. His list is divided. How many players have walked out for no greater coin? Fair chance he gets the lemon sarse this year.

justin longmuire is a dud. His list is divided. How many players have walked out for no greater coin? Fair chance he gets the lemon sarse this year.

Turning over 25% of the list at the end of the 2022 season was a big contributing factor..

That been said…we need the forward line to start revving their engines this year..

It can’t continue being the Larkey show…

Our 3rd highest goal kicker will (Zurhaar) might not be around come next year…

Curtis needs to kick 20+ goals and someone needs to step in and fill the T.Thomas hole…

Regardless - there are no easy games for us. If we play our best and they don’t, we are a chance.
Yep, in terms of where it sits preseason, all things considered the only games I see us as above a 50 50 chance are Eagles and Hawthorn home games. Richmond the other possibility. That’s not to say that we won’t be more competitive this year and win more games than last year across the season.

The Giants have been sitting there over the summer, waiting for their first game of the year and for redemption and they finally were able to have another crack at the Pies, 6 months after they won the flag and 6 months after they themselves were knocked out by 1 point in the prelim.

There has to be a come down.

And now they get to face 17th placed North next up.

I saw the footage of the Giants rooms last night. They were celebrating, with family and friends everywhere, it was buzzing.
Last nights win is going to take up a lot of energy. Im not expecting us to have a walk in the park by any stretch, however history is on our side.

FWIW we are 3 from 3 with a 100% winning record against the Giants in Western Sydney.

Tip North. I am.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Unofficial Preview Round 1 Vs Giants - Saturday March 16

Remove this Banner Ad

Back