Preview Round 1 vs Melbourne @ MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm more concerned about Paul Stewart playing as CHF.

Mid sized key position players. New meta.

From last year's final round team:

Ins: Campbell Heath, Jack Hombsch, Matthew Lobbe, Kane Mitchell, Angus Monfries, Andrew Moore, Jake Neade, Cameron O'Shea, Jasper Pittard, Lewis Stevenson, Daniel Stewart, Paul Stewart, Ollie Wines

Outs: Nathan Blee, Alipate Carlile, Domenic Cassisi, Brett Ebert, Tom Logan, John McCarthy, Danyle Pearce, Darren Pfeiffer, David Rodan, Matt Thomas

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Westhoff at CHB sounds a lot better. Could play that Chad-esque marking role and cut off Melbourne's attacks.

I have been thinking for a while wouldn't it be nice if Westhoff could become the new C Cornes. I have been imagining him floating loose all over the ground rather than playing true chb however....

I have been thinking for a while wouldn't it be nice if Westhoff could become the new C Cornes. I have been imagining him floating loose all over the ground rather than playing true chb however....

Difference is that Chad hit the contest hard where Westhoff kinda...floats. I am a rare fan of Westhoff though

Hombsch was named for Sturt but now also named in the 25 - leads me to believe that Carlile's injury happened today.
I definitely saw an article a couple of days ago saying that they were nursing Bobby through training this week.

We need to play Hombsch but I don't like the fact he has played so little footy in the preseason.

Clark and Sellar could be in for big games. means we need to dominate the mid field.

If Westhoff plays CHB because Hombsch isn't fit enough then D. Stewart probably gets a game.

We need to play Hombsch but I don't like the fact he has played so little footy in the preseason.

Clark and Sellar could be in for big games. means we need to dominate the mid field.

If Westhoff plays CHB because Hombsch isn't fit enough then D. Stewart probably gets a game.

I was thinking the same thing... as much as I don't rate DStew... the overall team looks 1 KPP short.

So of the INT players:
- DStew will be in
- Broadbent will be in
- Mitchell will be in (that's why he was upgraded)

... leaving Moore, O'Shea and Young to battle it out for the SUB. Gotta say on most recent form Moore deserves the spot just ahead of Young.

Good team. Only thing I question is the O'Shea over Hombsch decision, but O'Shea has pre-season fitness and form under his belt and Hombsch doesn't, so I'm not going to bitch about the new selection criteria just because this time it favoured somebody I don't really rate. And Hombsch could come in as one of the three bench players anyway.

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview Round 1 vs Melbourne @ MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Back