Preview Round 10, 2021: Carlton v Hawthorn, 22 May 2021, 1.45pm @ MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let’s see how committed Clarkson is to this rebuild. Morris and Saunders combined for 8 goals between them. Who gets the nod? We are crying out for some small/medium forwards. Selections is going to be very interesting on Thursday.

Quite a few different ways we could go about selection. I wouldn't mind us being bold with changes of Reeves and Morris for Hartley and O'Brien. McEvoy can spend more time back and split ruck duties with Reeves depending on how the momentum of the game is going. I think Howe comes in as well and who knows if Burgoyne will be fit. Manage whoever needs it.

Out : Hartigan. zero tackles in the last 3 games. Pretty poor from a backman.
In : Cegs.

I'd like to include Howe but I'm struggling to find who was the next worst... Lots of contenders.

Gives nothing when the ball hits the deck, but will give our mids first look. Would change a lot in our stoppages, which is our main problem at present.
Actually think this is one of his better attributes. Better in a pack than Cegs and BigBoy to my eyes.

Out : Hartigan. zero tackles in the last 3 games. Pretty poor from a backman.
In : Cegs.

I'd like to include Howe but I'm struggling to find who was the next worst... Lots of contenders.

If we didn't have Hartigan yesterday it would of been worse.

Let’s see how committed Clarkson is to this rebuild. Morris and Saunders combined for 8 goals between them. Who gets the nod? We are crying out for some small/medium forwards. Selections is going to be very interesting on Thursday.
They played a bunch of NAB league players, just for some perspective.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Outs - Big Boy (needs a rest), Hanrahan (no good), Hartley, Obrien, Shiels, Moore (sub)
Ins- Reeves, Brockman, Greaves, Jeka, Finn and Downie.

Its time to give these kids an extended run at the top level. It’s not about winning anymore, it’s about getting these kids to 40 games as quick as possible

I'm all for those outs.

But you know Clarko is going to bring Howe and Ceglar back.

Expecting another predictable set of ins and outs.

Just like I'm expecting another game of kicking down the boundary line and handballing to stationary targets before bombing it to the top of the square while trying to play for an honorable loss.
You think we are getting an honourable loss? You are an optimist (or the honor comes from being only kids..)

Sometimes VFL form can be misleading though. Greaves was good in the three games last year despite his struggles in the VFL season in 2019.
The Box Hill write ups from the coaches don’t exactly sing his praises.

carlton are pretty much playing for their season in this one, against the worst side in the comp

so there is nothing surer than that they will lose
This only works when we are the favourites

I think a few more on here should join you. Reading through the autopsy thread gives the impression that a lot of posters sit on their couch with a beer in hand occasionally glancing at the screen to see the score and then just bag "insert name" mercilessly without much thought. You will see the boys are working hard. Perhaps sometimes the forwards lead back when they should lead forward. The mids could hurt the opposition by choosing more aggressive targets with the pill at times but the effort is there.

Lack of confidence and belief in each other erodes ability.
True. Effort is part of the reason many get sucked into the ball leaving outside opposition receivers as everyone thinks they need to make it happen ie no trust in teammates

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back