Preview Round 10, 2021: Carlton v Hawthorn, 22 May 2021, 1.45pm @ MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would drop Hartigan and be happy for Obrien to be our tall defender. But spot on about our midfield. Our biggest weakness. No support at all for our defenders and dreadful going forward with mistakes and over possession. Needs to get sorted.

I detest Hartigan but he was probably in our top 6 or 7 yesterday, he won't get dropped on that performance.

Just don't tell her the bad things, she won't even be aware of the score. Give her some young players to watch and fun Dad time and she'll br a Hawk for life. Being happy comes before winning.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
Agree with this. Don't be the flog supporter who sat in front of me with his daughter and just abused our players nearly all game.

Agree with this. Don't be the flog supporter who sat in front of me with his daughter and just abused our players nearly all game.
Have dealt with enough 'ugly' parents and supporters .....i would not let myself be that person 👍

is silk fit? Assume Gunston may not be. JOM looked a bit restricted (and maybe mitchell and shiels as well) so may get a rest.

We are day 1 of a midfield rebuild. CJ and scrim on wings and Impey into midfield rotation. Finn can tag Walsh. If JOM is out Howe can play on Cripps who he’s done well on in past. Greaves and silk to slot into backline. Reeves to come in as 2nd ruck to support BB.

Up forward Morris gets his chance for Ollie. Not sure why brockman didn’t play vfl - assume he’s injured

In: silk, reeves, Morris, greaves, howe, finn
Out: Hartley, TOB, Ollie, JOM (inj), Phillips, shiels (managed)

Hardwick Hartigan Greaves
Silk Frost Impey
CJ cousins Scrim
Wingard Kosi Morris
Breust Lewis Reeves
BB Mitchell Worpel
I: Finn Moore Howe Morrison

Obrien down needs to play down back. This is so puzzling of why he isn't down there. Played down there couple years ago, does well. Played there this year, plays well. Comes back from injury....... plays forward.
He is nearly a carbon copy of Darcy Moore (not as talented or effective) but they struggle with the body contact backman apply
but when in defence, with a free run at the footy and no blocking they can excel.

On Impey to the middle, understand the sentiment but let's look at Melbourne, Impey reminds me a lot of Salem.
Good user in the attacking position. Perhaps when Day returns could provide the opportunity?

He is nearly a carbon copy of Darcy Moore (not as talented or effective) but they struggle with the body contact backman apply
but when in defence, with a free run at the footy and no blocking they can excel.

On Impey to the middle, understand the sentiment but let's look at Melbourne, Impey reminds me a lot of Salem.
Good user in the attacking position. Perhaps when Day returns could provide the opportunity?

I agree and think Impey should stay back. IMO, Impey is the best defensively out of our attacking HB players and still manages to show off his creativity and run and carry from the defensive 50. CJ's defensive issues are overridden by his attacking flair, and Scrimshaw is a very obvious 'transition to midfield' player.

I reckon Day is more like Hodge, just stick him whereveer there's a hole and know something good will come of it. **** I love Will Day.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I see a response this week. Typical Hawthorn. Will win this by 4+ goals with the midfield to step up. Going to make a BIG difference not going up against an a-grade Goldy.

this will the first week in 5 weeks where we haven’t come up against arep high quality ruck.

Outs - Big Boy (needs a rest), Hanrahan (no good), Hartley, Obrien, Shiels, Moore (sub)
Ins- Reeves, Brockman, Greaves, Jeka, Finn and Downie.

Its time to give these kids an extended run at the top level. It’s not about winning anymore, it’s about getting these kids to 40 games as quick as possible
Ollie is on 20 games. By your logic we should be getting him to 40 before deciding if he is no good...

He was WOG, simple as that…no good

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
I’d be happy to give Morris or Brockman his spot. But my point was the same people who want him out, want to pump 50 games into Finn / Downie / etc irrespective of form or potential. So by that logic, you can’t axe Ollie.

As bad as we are, Carlton too are bog average. Still rely on Betts to kick bags, and McKay looks to have injured his shoulder. A lot of pressure on them this week.

I agree. But its also what tells us about where we are... WE are the team now that literally, if any shit team loses to, wowee, they're a joke...

Like losing to Hawthorn is now the joke... 'gee, you wouldn't want to lose to the hawks... '

Ollie is on 20 games. By your logic we should be getting him to 40 before deciding if he is no good...
That’s probably fair but he’s 23 this year and has had 4 years on the list. I was more talking about the 18/19/20 year olds with reeves being the exception because he weighed 23kg when he arrived at the club

clubman ... he's great around the club, from all reports.
Haha apparently there’s a difference between being a ‘clubman’ and just man who is great around the club.

On changes, it’s a bit depressing honestly. Can only think of one player who might make a tangible difference to our team and that’s Burgoyne.

Seems like Brockman sat out VFL in preparation.

Ollie out for Brockman. Ollie has probably run out of chances.

This is also my weekly call for Reeves to be included in the senior team. I’m not going to hold my breath.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back