Review Round 10, 2021: Essendon v Box Hill, Sunday 11.05am Windy Hill

Remove this Banner Ad

Grainger-Barass has been very impressive with his positioning. Every time he's peeled off he's been able to impact which is a rare skill. Some rust/bad luck had cost him a few marks.
Will be a cornerstone to our defense rebuild. Looks a Harris Andrew's clone

Loved what i've seen from Finn. He should have two goals. Was burnt by Morris at half forward, then pushed forward and was in position to receive a handball but whoever it was decided to take the kick from the angle and shank it.

Saunders could be a weapon if he keeps developing.

Ed Phillips plays like he's still an AFL listed player too.

DGB gets to great spots and reads the play exceptionally well.
Give him a couple weeks at this level and I can see him being a real menace in the AFL.
All the AFL listed boys playing well for mine, and all the VFL players looking like they should be on AFL lists.

I am very impressed with Finn's hands in close. He's been moving the ball cleanly, tackles well and distributes well.
I'm hoping they give him less defensive roles and that his defensive side becomes more innate moving forward- I'm confident if he's allowed to play more inside minutes at the top level he'd adapt quickly.

I'm really keen to see how BHH go against the top end of the VFL at this stage- seems like it's been an age since we've had a proper tough game.

I've liked Finn's work in the contest seems to be the no 1 man in there without jai in the team, Really cracking in .

Saunders ability to work up and down the ground is exciting , always looks to take on the player and gain metres.

Downie looks the goods when he gets the ball always seems to make the right decisions but needs to be more involve .

I love dgb after watching a fair bit of his 18s so ill probably be fairly biased , his ability to read the play is mcgovern like . For the lack of footy that has been down there but still have 4 intercept marks is pretty impressive . Seems like he has added size too.

Reeves has been a bit dissapoonting for mine and I will never see anything in hanrahan to think he is better then vfl level.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back