Preview Round 10: Essendon vs North Melbourne, Docklands, Sunday 23/05/2021, 4:40 PM AEST

Chicken Dinner?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kelli wopuld be much better if she didn't try to pun the entire game.
No doubt we'll get King, Dunstall and Dwayne for a completly neutral call
Won't get Dunstall due to Bounce. Will probably get the geriatric Healy instead though.

Just got done with the VFL replay, so my ins/outs are gonna be heavily biased by that and the fact that I want all the kids to play against Richmond:
  • In- Waterman, Ambrose, Cox
  • Out- Smith, Jones, Zaharakis
Stiff to rest Jones after two goals against Freo, but I reckon Perkins can go another game before needing a rest. Plus Jones has also been in the team since Round 1 like Cox, so it makes sense (to me anyway) to rest him the week after Cox had his rest.

No idea for who the sub should be. Gleeson and Cahil both played full games in the VFL and looked really good, so either of them could cop the vest. I'd probably give it to Gleeson, just so Cahil can maybe force his way into the team against West Coast (the game where I want Perkins to rest).

Jeez 50% of the posts so far commenting on how its a big game for North. If they really are so insignificant why talk about it?

Given we managed to make Sean Darcy look like Max Gawn I’m worried about the silver service Goldstein will provide the North mids

cause it’s a rivalry and we hate each other. Some don’t want to acknowledge that of course . Anyways best of luck and I take no comfort in beating a side out of the eight .
We made that our signature dish for over ten years .
Bombers by 19 .

Kelli wopuld be much better if she didn't try to pun the entire game.
No doubt we'll get King, Dunstall and Dwayne for a completly neutral call
I dont find Dunstall to be too biased against us.

If you want a biased call, get Brereton, Brown with Lewis on the boundary.

Essendon will be crucified.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I guess it's all how the individual takes it as I find Brereton to be much better than Dunstall. Dunstall actually cheers the opposition against us I find.

Brereton is alright, he comes across like banter at worst and has a decent amount of respect under it all (like a worthy opponent from back in his playing days).

Lewis is reasonably intelligent and knows what he’s talking about/does his homework (also don’t think he’s as much of a Hawkes fanboi as he would’ve been if he didn’t get unceremoniously shoved out the door, so his buy in to Hawthorn rivalries is correspondingly less grating). I prefer him as a panellist at halftime coz he does a bit of analysis.

Brown though- he can gagf. Him and Lyon as special comments last week were just a total pisstake. And he’s really never good either, he doesn’t know their names, he thinks they all played like they did 4 years ago and comments accordingly. He’s garbage.

Jason Dunstall is now the best special comments person in the game.

Been in the role for the best part of 22 years, as soon as he retired, when he joined Friday Night football on Channel 7 at the time.

I don't find him biased towards any team and he is equally critical of Hawthorn when they deserve it. Leigh Matthews is the same as well, but he doesn't feature as often anymore on TV coverage.

The rest of them are all recently retired try hards.

Brereton is alright, he comes across like banter at worst and has a decent amount of respect under it all (like a worthy opponent from back in his playing days).

Lewis is reasonably intelligent and knows what he’s talking about/does his homework (also don’t think he’s as much of a Hawkes fanboi as he would’ve been if he didn’t get unceremoniously shoved out the door, so his buy in to Hawthorn rivalries is correspondingly less grating). I prefer him as a panellist at halftime coz he does a bit of analysis.

Brown though- he can gagf. Him and Lyon as special comments last week were just a total pisstake. And he’s really never good either, he doesn’t know their names, he thinks they all played like they did 4 years ago and comments accordingly. He’s garbage.
Oh dont get me wrong, i like Brereton and Lewis on non-Essendon games. I like Dermie when is being a lateral thinker on occasion and is good at talking through forward/defensive craft.

Brown is atrocious.

It's straining her voice trying to be like Huddo that gets me, not her strength.
Pretty sure she doesn't do that anymore which is why I find her ok these days. She has actually improved which makes a nice change for a commentator for once.

If you were Derwayne and didn't understand the meaning of words you might say she parleyed her commentary into improvement.

Where do you guys think Ham is at and what role do you think he’ll play into the future? Is he going to be a lock starting mid?

Where do you guys think Ham is at and what role do you think he’ll play into the future? Is he going to be a lock starting mid?
Will end up a winger if he is to make it (exposing and running the fat side of the ground if possible). Although he may get the odd chop-out role at centre bounces he doesn't have the frame to complete there long-term. He can be pushed off the ball too easily by bigger bodies. More potential shown this week for small (pushing forward) craft.

In terms of selection, we are playing 2 genuine rucks with Goldy and Campbell.

Wouldn’t think you would want to have Cox jumping against Campbell.
It will be one of Phillips/Bryan with Wright doing the chop out work for the most part.

Hopefully Cox doesn’t take anything other than maybe the odd boundary throw in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back