Round 10 Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Went DBJ>Crocker and moved Tippa to defense.

Then Wells>Pendlebury and leaves me with 180K in the bank to upgrade Ben Kennedy to Deledio next week.

If Aaron hall doesn't play this week I may have to reverse the trade because I don't want Menedue on the ground. And may bring in Deledio this week and Pendlebury next.

**** SuperCoach is consuming my life.

So as of right now.

OUT: DBJ (forced…), Gawn
IN: Collins (pending selection), Goldstein

Will leave me with 320k.

Matheison in for Oliver next week and will be able to offload Menaspud for Lids.
Then finally the week after will take a cheap-Joel Selwood for Smith.

Will hold Hartley/Brown until the Essendon bye before triggering a move for Kade Simpson. Thinking Liberatore will become Treloar at this point as well.
Just need to work out where my DPP will come from. Need a forward rookie (WHERE ARE THEY ALL/WHERE IS THIS YEARS ZORKO) for MacPherson ffs.

I think I have to accept that Disney is a massive failure. Low score of 87 in the 4 weeks before I brought him in and high score of 60 in the 4 weeks since.
Fantasia > Docherty. Loss of $40k and a trade. Also means I probably have to sit on DBJ either until he starts making money again or for the rest of the year as bench cover.

Then I think it's either Oliver > Hopper with $384k in the bank;
or Gresham > Hopper with with $274k in the bank.

With Mathieson on the horizon and Oliver likely to make more money this week, I'm leaning towards getting rid of Gresham.
It'll leave me with 15 trades and 6 probable upgrades needed. Next week one down one up for 13 trades, 5 upgrades needed and decent bank. Probably a max 4 trades in hand for injuries.

You guys are way off the mark with Steele and Tomlinson.
I can't think of a single other side in the league for which Steele wouldn't be best 22. Not one. Happy for anyone to throw up a challenge to this point.
With Tomlinson, he has actually shown plenty when he has been given the opportunity. He actually finished 11th in the entire league for marks back in 2013, as a 19 year old. His biggest problem is he has rarely been played in his best position. He's spent time on a wing, as a KPD, even as a relief ruckman. Not because he hasn't delivered when played as a forward, but because they have so many others wanting to play that role. He's been a victim of his own versatility in many ways. If he ever gets a good run at it as a CHF, he'll lead the league in marks per game. Hopefully he ends up plying his trade elsewhere next season.

I can't think of a single other side in the league for which Steele wouldn't be best 22. Not one. Happy for anyone to throw up a challenge to this point.
With Tomlinson, he has actually shown plenty when he has been given the opportunity. He actually finished 11th in the entire league for marks back in 2013, as a 19 year old. His biggest problem is he has rarely been played in his best position. He's spent time on a wing, as a KPD, even as a relief ruckman. Not because he hasn't delivered when played as a forward, but because they have so many others wanting to play that role. He's been a victim of his own versatility in many ways. If he ever gets a good run at it as a CHF, he'll lead the league in marks per game. Hopefully he ends up plying his trade elsewhere next season.
i reckon GWS will do Steele + Tomlinson for Lobbe + O'Shea! win win for both clubs!:thumbsu::thumbsu::D

Wait... DBJ is injured? So much for being a D7... This game is ******* rigged.

CD have already determined that you should be excluded from a chance at obtaining the automobile. I'm sorry to have to inform you of this. You will need to take it up with the Rockefellers and the estate of L. Ron Hubbard if you wish to have this decision reversed.

He will be a Blue boy next year. Bookmark it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pretty sure Tomlinson has been sort after up other clubs.

Fwiw GWS have done so well on field with some many young stars leaving.

He will be a Blue boy next year. Bookmark it.
Tomlinson?
Maybe. But I'm not sure he is really exactly what Carlton needs. Though any upgrade in talent I'm sure would be welcome down at IKON.
He's more an old fashioned CHF. May not ever be a huge goal kicker, which is really what Carlton a looking for am I right?

Pretty sure Tomlinson has been sort after up other clubs.

Fwiw GWS have done so well on field with some many young stars leaving.
You're right. He was mentioned during trade week quite a bit last year. Can't quite recall which team was into him.
Ultimately they didn't let him go, seemingly because they knew they were letting a whole bunch (including Plowman, after Jaksch the year prior) walk to Carlton, and they had concerns with McCarthy leaving.

He'll drop under 100 once and have a low hundred in the space of 3 weeks and fall 50-60 grand as result.

You could say the same about any player. I'd still rather have him at this stage than waiting for a price drop.

Really tempted to go
Currie>>Wyatt
Wells>>Treloar
Is this trade worth it?

If you have Cox to switch with Wyatt then yeah I think they are reasonable trades. I went Wells >>> Treloar last week.

He'd be great for Richmond. Allow Riewoldt to spend more time close to goal.
As would Steele for that matter. Add the class that they lack
They won't Steele go looks a player.
But Tomlinson yes gws hold all the cards clubs can fight over him.

Tomlinson?
Maybe. But I'm not sure he is really exactly what Carlton needs. Though any upgrade in talent I'm sure would be welcome down at IKON.
He's more an old fashioned CHF. May not ever be a huge goal kicker, which is really what Carlton a looking for am I right?
We would love a huge goal kicker but how many of them are currently floating around. As you said his talent would be very welcome. We were hard into him at last years trade and he was happy to come to us but GWS would not let go, they promised him more game time which isn't happening. If all goes well and the stars align then I think he will be a Blue.

Tentative trades this week pending team selections:
Brown/DBJ >>> Bailey Williams/Buddy

I think my forward line is the weakest so desperately need some firepower in there, thoughts?
Current FWD line is Dusty, Hall, Merrett, Ben Ken, Petracca, Kerridge
Get Buddy or Zorko.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back