Preview Round 10 vs Saints - How big is Friday night???

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tigers by 8 points in a tight one. On paper we look the goods however they match up well and are playing in their fortress. We still have the edge though if we play to our current form.

Tiger supporters have been pumped up so many times after a win and brought down to earth straight away. It won't happen this time and we won't loss to St Kilda for the 15th straight time. It's tiger time

I was quiely confident about the saints having a ruffly 24 point win. But based on the info from the last few days i'm really doubting us, based on the tiges recent form, the only way we'd win is with a solid backline, unfortunatley we're missing fisher and now geary so i think the game will be won or lost under a goal for either side. Good luck :)

It's all about the midfield battle.

I think the forward lines are pretty even but they are missing a few backman. Small forwards could worry us.

If Cotchin can beat the Jones tag it will go a long way to us winning. Deledio and Martin need to set themselves for massive games...actually the whole midfield does.

Morris has to shut down Milne...his biggest test so far!

Tigs in a close one.

I was quiely confident about the saints having a ruffly 24 point win. But based on the info from the last few days i'm really doubting us, based on the tiges recent form, the only way we'd win is with a solid backline, unfortunatley we're missing fisher and now geary so i think the game will be won or lost under a goal for either side. Good luck :)

What info is that mate?

Massive game this Friday. In some ways, our next 3 games before the bye will shape our season and our finals chances.

I'm confident our midfield and rucks will be able to gain the upper hand but their small forwards (Saad, Milera, Cripps and Siposs) along with Milne (who always seems to run ragged against us) are cause for concern.

Hopefully Morris, Batchelor, Dea, Ellis and Houli can nullify this threat. Close down their small forwards and we should win this game.

I reckon STARVE their small fwds is our only chance. We usually get cut up by Milne by himself. Saints have added some exciting pace. I dont see our small backs being up to it. We will be lucky if St Nick doesnt get away and dominate (or break) Griff, who I reckon will get the job, while Rance takes Kosi.
and we suck at Etihad, and they crush teams there.

That means our mids have to destroy a talented experienced group thatve been playing together for some time.

Us by 5!

I am so nervous, I've already had 5 shits...

Don't you just wish this game was at the G!!!!

I think if we play with intensity we did last week we can win comfortably - by that I mean 5 to 6 goals.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A little over 5 hours to go and I'm starting to feel anxiously sick, even though I am 800kms away! A carton of TEDs on my way home should hopefully fix that!

Do any websites still have the game time countdown clock.

We are within two hours.

Im ready to sit down and start watching and getting excited as the minutes decrease second by second.

Hahaha **** yeah. I'm winning the margin at my tipping for a reason!

Don't go too early in the bay for your next Freo thread. Thursday should be perfect. I can't wait to cain Mundy and McPhee.

Very well predicted. :thumbsu:
Great prediction. I dreamt we'd be up by 1 point at ht. Pretty close there. The rest of the dream though was a bit shaky: I was playing in mid and put high contact on Nick Riewoldt. He was a real whinger about it too. Then the stands melted away and everyone had to climb up to their seats on plastic-tubing ladders. I had to save kids falling to their deaths and then I succumbed. I woke up then so I don't know what happened in the last half. This one's been on my mind. Happily none of the other crap came true last night. It was epic though. I lost it. The cheering was out of this world. When we reached 100+ first, that was the lid. That was the flipping lid!

Another real watershed moment for the Tigers last night. Watched it on a screen while I was out in the city, and the atmosphere was awesome, as was the performance.

Dedicating this music to you all, and couldn't be better suited- especially the lyrics through the middle of it...

[YOUTUBE]STj9hIkEFhQ[/YOUTUBE]

Very well predicted. :thumbsu:

Damn, he got one point closer than me! Had it as an 11-point win here...

Congratulations.

I saw Richmond's wins over both Hawthorn and Sydney.

St Kilda were a far better opponent than either of those two sides, particularly with fight back in the last quarter. I know a lot of Tigers fans don't feel like they played their "best" footy, but when you have an opponent who puts strong pressure on you for 4 quarters and keeps fighting (like in a final), you never play exactly how you want ... it's impossible to maintain your game plan 100%. However when you still find a way to win, you know you are building a very good football side.

Real credit to Richmond, you are a great side to watch and are only going to get better. Who knows, in 9 years it might be 0-13 the other way :cool:

Wouldn't mind a re-match with some fresher legs and Fisher & McEvoy back, but Grimes might balance that slightly.

I just hope you make the finals, because you are clearly a better football team than Carlton, Sydney, Hawthorn, Fremantle and Geelong in 2012.

Reminds me very much of the Saints in '97 ... tough start to the year and were 1-4, and then won the last 10 of the season with a young side.

Good luck :thumbsu:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back