Review Round 11, 2024 - Hawthorn vs. Brisbane Lions

Who were your five best players against Hawthorn?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Geez I hope he gets back to level he was at pre injury, next season. Because when Neale is done, our midfield is in all sorts of trouble.

Is it?

Dunkley
McCluggage
Berry
Will Ashcroft
Levi Ashcroft
Sam Marshall

And that's without us looking at trading in or recruiting another mid.

This was a clear example of not changing anything up with game plan. Hawks high press didn't allow a cheap kick to kick style which we have been doing. Instead we had players not offer anything and resorted back to the long dumps.

McCluggage looks like me when i'm playing sport, Fat and exhausted. How much we giving this bloke ?

Zorko been arguably our best this season but today he gave away quite a number of goals and free kicks, had an absolute barry crocker.
Zorko had a bad day but not through lack of effort which should really be the baseline for anyone at this level. Any player can have an off day but they need to be working hard always.

Is it?

Dunkley
McCluggage
Berry
Dunkley and Berry have been good, but they don't offer the same drive forward Neale does, when he gets the ball on the outside of a contest.

Will Ashcroft
Levi Ashcroft
Sam Marshall

And that's without us looking at trading in or recruiting another mid.

This was a clear example of not changing anything up with game plan. Hawks high press didn't allow a cheap kick to kick style which we have been doing. Instead we had players not offer anything and resorted back to the long dumps.

McCluggage looks like me when i'm playing sport, Fat and exhausted. How much we giving this bloke ?
On current form Berry worth more

Dunkley and Berry have been good, but they don't offer the same drive forward Neale does, when he gets the ball on the outside of a contest.

Ideally Rayner would give us that, but will never be played as a mid it seems. Will is going to be very handy as the third string. Hugh is better than this year's patchy form.

Levi and Sam will add quality around stoppages too.

I’ve said before I hate shitting on Cam because he seems like such a likeable bloke and great clubman, who hung around when not all of them did, but by god he has been shit this year, save for a quarter against Melbourne.

I don’t even think it’s a coaching issue anymore, I honestly just don’t know if they can do any more with him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rayners lack of effort is disgusting, have always stuck up for him but I am done. How can you stay away from the ball long enough to only have 7 touches. Should get 7 touches by accident. He is always behind his man, flies for marks from 5 deep and never looks like taking them. Flashes of brilliance does not cut it anymore, not fair he gets to play in the same team with players such as Lachie Neale and Darcy Wilmot who bust their arse every week while he jogs around and tries to take a hanger every now and again. Dangle him at the end of the year- someone might give as a 3rd rounder.

15.10 v 10.15

Midfield isn't our problem. Forwards play well enough to get the shots, but their lack of accuracy is killing us. As it has all year.

Whatever magic they were drinking last year needs to be bought in bulk.

I disagree, midfield is definitely a problem as well. Neale was the only one who made us look semi-respectable in there.

That run where Hawthorn ran it straight out of the middle multiple times essentially untouched leading to goals was an indictment on the midfield.

Yeah can’t play all 4. We desperately need a second contested marking forward though. Don’t know what the answer is at the moment

I think Joe and Hippy are better than most give them credit for

Big improvement would be the smalls staying down to crumb and pressure

Ideally Rayner would give us that, but will never be played as a mid it seems. Will is going to be very handy as the third string. Hugh is better than this year's patchy form.

Levi and Sam will add quality around stoppages too.
Sorry, bouncing between BigFooty and family, so can't reply properly.

I was talking in a couple of years for Will and Neale.

Waiting to see what Levi and Marshall offer at senior level before anointing them as saviours. Same with Annable the year after. Just have this feeling we'll still need an x-factor type in the midfield, as it projects to be very one paced and undersized with the players mentioned.

I disagree, midfield is definitely a problem as well. Neale was the only one who made us look semi-respectable in there.

That run where Hawthorn ran it straight out of the middle multiple times essentially untouched leading to goals was an indictment on the midfield.

We probably broke even in the contested stuff but Hawks got it out the front of the pack way too often

If we let Cam have a block in the VFL to play as close to a full time mid as his tank allows could it help his season at this stage?

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Round 11, 2024 - Hawthorn vs. Brisbane Lions

Back