Autopsy Round 11, 2024: Melbourne v St.Kilda

Remove this Banner Ad

Turgid, dreadful football from us.

Most of you seem to think building a successful AFL football team is basically about building a list.

It’s just not.

It’s about having a gameplan and style that is up-to-date and, most importantly, develops players.

Ross Lyon’s gameplan is so far behind the league it isn’t funny.

Even worse is that, his horrible defensive style only works with squads that are contending.

His style with a developing squad is an absolute disaster.

If you’re for some reason sticking up for what our club has become under Bassat’s horrendous decision making (Ross Lyon FC), you are part of the problem.

The very existence of our club demands that long term members and supporters hold our board accountable.

These board members are so far removed from understanding the trends of the modern game it is laughable.

But just watch them go into damage control now and blame the “list”.

It’s so predictable, and most of you will fall for it (in fact, lots already are, see lots of list blaming lately).
Give us your pick for St Kikda coach from coaches not already coaching AFL teams

So legit I think they've lost the F50 group, just zero confidence of going in there or when it's in there doing anything meaningful with it so they default as why bother putting any meaningful thought in it as it's rebounding in most situations.

Couple that with you generally teach defense before you teach offense as it's just easier to see things ahead of you instead of create from nothing and comprehend patterns of things. That is to say our first instinct is always to get into detriment as that is where we are strong.

You then know you don't have a genuine tap ruck situation at stoppage so it's clearance or tackle first and not having any plan or ascendency, so you don't need to read a ball in flight in any capacity unless you're around D50 essentially.

Regardless of what pieces we move forward of centre, we are doing SFA, as we have pieces, but at present, we have players outside of D50 that have NFI how to exist on that field when they are under any sort of duress, any at all, even self imposed. You see this with the dynamic guys like Owens, Windy, Henry that pop in and out of mid that they have no one except Ming to kick to, and no idea that they have lateral support.

Compare that to the Demons who actually supported each other and have set ideas about things and you have this sort of match where they could do whatever, we could put on a modicum of resistance, but ultimately have no dog in any fight.

That group need to pull the rods out and start beating some resolutions that they really need to do better for each other, as it's obvious a majority just do not care at present to support their team-mates.

Journalists don’t even talk about it because they’re all earning a good living admiring the swans and gws players. Gold Coast will be there soon too .
Then on the other hand they put the saints down for asking for 2 mcg home games saying we’re kidding ourselves.
It’s getting out of hand .
To be fair our marquee game against the reigning premier got 65k or whatever. What other game is getting more than 30k for us right now?

The Captain's performance needs to be put under the blow torch.

That play where he sooked it up and didn't even give chase.

Looked disinterested.

Showed about as much emotion as Max King after kicking a goal.

Has to be stripped of the Captaincy for next season.

We need some leadership

Wilkie is our man.
I guess he's the obvious candidate. As long as it's not Steele, I don't care. Give it to Dow, or Wilson, Keeler. Just not Steele , or any of the senior guys from the 2011 to 2018 gang. They have no idea what it takes to win. Just professional coasters.
get rid of them. I know you supposedly need balance, but when the head of the fish is rotten, you may as well Just throw the whole thing away.

Journalists don’t even talk about it because they’re all earning a good living admiring the swans and gws players. Gold Coast will be there soon too .
Then on the other hand they put the saints down for asking for 2 mcg home games saying we’re kidding ourselves.
It’s getting out of hand .
Journalists who require AFL registration are just part of a captured media similar to how Communist systems work.

So you are dead right.

Has our Prez got the nuts?

I doubt it, he's captured too, his club is an "assisted" club which for those who don't understand was the signing over of control to the AFL during the Pandemic.

It's just such a rigged system...commercially captured.

Time for a change of the guard. Bonner out with sincs back to halfback. We need to see more of Henry and Owen in the middle and a lower percentage of Steele and Ross (they look like plodders out there and struggle to place any pressure on a lost clearance).

The lack of confidence is stark and a big worry for our season. Too many forwards who can’t take their chances in front of the sticks.

We could bring in the likes to Membrey, Crouch, Clark, Schooey, Butler or Jones but lets face it, the coaches have cocked this season up massively.

You can say goodbye to attracting a free agent. Definitely need to strengthen our hand at the draft with top 15 picks.

Turgid, dreadful football from us.

Most of you seem to think building a successful AFL football team is basically about building a list.

It’s just not.

It’s about having a gameplan and style that is up-to-date and, most importantly, develops players.

Ross Lyon’s gameplan is so far behind the league it isn’t funny.

Even worse is that, his horrible defensive style only works with squads that are contending.

His style with a developing squad is an absolute disaster.

If you’re for some reason sticking up for what our club has become under Bassat’s horrendous decision making (Ross Lyon FC), you are part of the problem.

The very existence of our club demands that long term members and supporters hold our board accountable.

These board members are so far removed from understanding the trends of the modern game it is laughable.

But just watch them go into damage control now and blame the “list”.

It’s so predictable, and most of you will fall for it (in fact, lots already are, see lots of list blaming lately).
I blame everyone and everything but myself.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Journalists who require AFL registration are just part of a captured media similar to how Communist systems work.

So you are dead right.

Has our Prez got the nuts?

I doubt it, he's captured too, his club is an "assisted" club which for those who don't understand was the signing over of control to the AFL during the Pandemic.

It's just such a rigged system...commercially captured.
Isn't the Prez's bro on the AFL Commission ? Surely he follows the Saints too. You'd think he could advocate on our behalf and pull a few strings ?

The Captain's performance needs to be put under the blow torch.

That play where he sooked it up and didn't even give chase.

Looked disinterested.

Showed about as much emotion as Max King after kicking a goal.

Has to be stripped of the Captaincy for next season.

We need some leadership

Wilkie is our man.
What’s Wilkie gonna do from the back line . Needs to be a mid . Think pendle hodge merret gawn selwood

We’ve gotta be past the whole “who is the best candidate” stuff by now don’t we?
We wouldn’t even know because we didn’t bother to interview anyone last time. Truthfully it’s probably a McQualter, Hansen, Newman or Carr type.

I’m not gonna pretend I was anti Ross’ appointment (although I didn’t like the way it was done) but I’m realllllly struggling to see how he’s gonna improve us.

His gameplan and style is abhorrent and is killing the development of the kids, he’s not a lure for FAs, we’ve gotta have an eye on the next bunch cause Ross has to be under pressure if this keeps up.

Sarcastic GIF

We’ve gotta be past the whole “who is the best candidate” stuff by now don’t we?
We wouldn’t even know because we didn’t bother to interview anyone last time. Truthfully it’s probably a McQualter, Hansen, Newman or Carr type.

I’m not gonna pretend I was anti Ross’ appointment (although I didn’t like the way it was done) but I’m realllllly struggling to see how he’s gonna improve us.

His gameplan and style is abhorrent and is killing the development of the kids, he’s not a lure for FAs, we’ve gotta have an eye on the next bunch cause Ross has to be under pressure if this keeps up.
Again, does he tell them to run into each other or get the ball smothered or kick on the man in the mark or get 80 turnovers they are poor poor group of players

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Round 11, 2024: Melbourne v St.Kilda

Remove this Banner Ad

Back