Round 11 trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If downgrading Neale is a consideration for you then I can only assume you are coming first in the country by a long long way.

I've dropped out of the top 10,000, so I'm playing for league wins now. I should still be comfortable in 2/3 leagues this week even without Neale. I just think he's peaked for this season- young and gonna run out of gas. He'll still average 100, but won't get those huge scores he did early on (now watch as he goes large against GCS). I'll be struggling for premos next week so my rationale is that if I can build a kitty I can go shopping next week for premos who have the bye this week.

I wasn't planning on making any changes, but...

...I'm sorely tempted to pull the trigger and downgrade Neale to Boston to give me a war chest (472k) with which to go unleash hell upgrading to premos over the next fortnight. Do I don't bite the bullet I risk shooting myself in the foot? Or am I cutting off my nose to spite my face? And have I flogged these idioms to death yet?
All of the above^:D

I've dropped out of the top 10,000, so I'm playing for league wins now. I should still be comfortable in 2/3 leagues this week even without Neale. I just think he's peaked for this season- young and gonna run out of gas. He'll still average 100, but won't get those huge scores he did early on (now watch as he goes large against GCS). I'll be struggling for premos next week so my rationale is that if I can build a kitty I can go shopping next week for premos who have the bye this week.

That's why we have rookies. You downgrade one, you upgrade another. It's not rocket science.

I've had Neale since the start of the season and there's no way I'll be trading him out. He's 22 now so statistically is at the age where he is peaking. I don't see any way he is going to drop off or "run out of gas" unless his role changes or he get injured. Yes he's had two weeks in a row of sub 100 scores, but for 4 of the 5 weeks prior to that he outscored Fyfe. My sarcasm was directed at the fact that just about everyone is struggling to field 18 players this week and you are talking about trading out someone that is not far off super premo status. If you are outside the top 10k (which I am, just) then surely you have more pressing issues than that. Absolute madness IMO.

I don't think we will see Krak again this season. Just my gut feel.

Amon will be back. Just pulled up sore from last week.

He has done enough to hold his spot in the team for the forseeable future.
Can't see that happening, was playing well prior to the bye coming out of defence and using the ball well.

Krak will play minimum 6 games on the backend post bye.

That's why we have rookies. You downgrade one, you upgrade another. It's not rocket science.
My gambit was that I'd downgrade one premo to a rookie to upgrade 2 rookies (now midpricers) to premos- in effect doing in 3 trades what would normally be done in 4. And with Neale's expected price drop next week I figured if I was going to use this strategy it would have to be this week. I got burnt taking risks last week, so my brain is happy to be conservative this week. Just got excited by an idea and thought it best to consult the oracle rather than inadvertantly burn myself again. :thumbsu:

My gambit was that I'd downgrade one premo to a rookie to upgrade 2 rookies (now midpricers) to premos- in effect doing in 3 trades what would normally be done in 4. And with Neale's expected price drop next week I figured if I was going to use this strategy it would have to be this week. I got burnt taking risks last week, so my brain is happy to be conservative this week. Just got excited by an idea and thought it best to consult the oracle rather than inadvertantly burn myself again.
I hope you've been cleansed. :D

I think the Sydney Titch has more upside than the Richmond version.
I'm pretty much sold on getting Richmond Titch in next week. The bloke is an absolute set and forget 100 this year, and the best in his price range (but I also have Swan and Sydney Titch at that price range too). Consistency + and at 1.3% ownership, a true POD.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Best midfielder with a RD 13 bye for 560k?
Dusty, lids, have a gander, who do you think is the best fit?
Dusty and Deledio have the round 11 bye.
Assuming the question was asking for a midfielder who's playing in rounds 11 & 12 I'd suggest Ebert. Very possibly a keeper in great form with a very low BE.

Any thoughts on Hogan, seems to be in for a big price drop over the next 2 weeks. Has he mooed or worth keeping?
Just ok with byes and could upgrade Hogan to anyone under $530k like treloar or Kennedy.
Thinking its worth doing it now bf hogan drops.

Dusty and Deledio have the round 11 bye.
Assuming the question was asking for a midfielder who's playing in rounds 11 & 12 I'd suggest Ebert. Very possibly a keeper in great form with a very low BE.
Would be Callan Ward for me. Giants have a great draw late in the season.

Hey guys, I've almost conceded defeat in my league game this week.. My opponent doesn't seem to be affected at all by the Round 11 Bye!! So no point to burn trades just bcos...

Just looking at my team though, do you think there are any trades I could make? For example
CEY or KRAK > Boston or Dumont... Try & free up some cash for upgrades down the track?

Currently have 16 Trades & $23,500 in the bank..

View attachment 142925

Clark to Pearce

Then spend 200k on upgrading krak cey or harley to a GUN mid

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back