Round 11 Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
This week -
Palmer and Ellis for Mcleod and Bartel

Next week -
Ibbotson for H.Shaw

thoughts? this would make my team complete, with 9 trades left. Im ranked 140th~, so want to make trades this week to keep my scores up.

I still have Brown, Myers, Simmonds, Stanton and Palmer as players to trade...
Brown and Myers are musts then the more trades I can make of the others the stronger my team will be. I'd like to make as few trades as possible until about round 15 but keep in the 8... so stock pile cash and keep most of these players and trades to as late as possible.

This week:
Cashing in Wonnamirri - who to? He's in my midfield along with Wellingham on the bench, I don't trust that Wellington will be in the Pies best 22 all year so need someone who is a good chance of playing. Won't be using the player as a cow, Cotchin is a little expensive... any options apart from him?

Want to get Brown out sometime soon... Bradshaw/McLeod now using Wonnamirri's cash or do I downgrade to Wilkes and hope he can give me cash both ways... $170K odd in the bank and increase to around 250-300K so I can use Wonna's cash upgrading my other players later on?

I still have Brown, Myers, Simmonds, Stanton and Palmer as players to trade...
Brown and Myers are musts then the more trades I can make of the others the stronger my team will be. I'd like to make as few trades as possible until about round 15 but keep in the 8... so stock pile cash and keep most of these players and trades to as late as possible.

This week:
Cashing in Wonnamirri - who to? He's in my midfield along with Wellingham on the bench, I don't trust that Wellington will be in the Pies best 22 all year so need someone who is a good chance of playing. Won't be using the player as a cow, Cotchin is a little expensive... any options apart from him?

Want to get Brown out sometime soon... Bradshaw/McLeod now using Wonnamirri's cash or do I downgrade to Wilkes and hope he can give me cash both ways... $170K odd in the bank and increase to around 250-300K so I can use Wonna's cash upgrading my other players later on?

There is a real lack of cows atm..Wilkes is one of the only ones. Then theres Armfield in the centres, who is an option for Wona's downgrade. Then there are a few mids that are just on the outer...Polkinghorne, Ward, Selwood, Grimes. All of those guys I would expect to get a game this year. Grimes due to come in very soon,
Ward has been named on the extended bench a few times, and now that Callan is injured could get a game.
Polkes has been an emergency for quite a while and should get a game soon.
Selwood could always get a game sometime
EDIT: Valenti aswell

Looking at ditching Nathan Thompson for either Scott Welsh or Justin Westhoff (or maybe even Valenti).

None of those players that you mentioned are going to be that much better than Nathan Thompson.

they could hardly do much worse than the 18 points Thompson scored on the weekend.

There is a real lack of cows atm..Wilkes is one of the only ones. Then theres Armfield in the centres, who is an option for Wona's downgrade. Then there are a few mids that are just on the outer...Polkinghorne, Ward, Selwood, Grimes. All of those guys I would expect to get a game this year. Grimes due to come in very soon,
Ward has been named on the extended bench a few times, and now that Callan is injured could get a game.
Polkes has been an emergency for quite a while and should get a game soon.
Selwood could always get a game sometime
EDIT: Valenti aswell

Brown -> Wilkes seems pretty good for the time being, there's plenty of good value in defenders so him and Myers should increase enough to make their upgrades straightforward later down the track. I could grab Bradshaw or McLeod now, but without many good downgrade players left options are limited unless I risk losing emergencies....

I'd rather wait a while to cash Wonna but I want to get a decent amount from him as well - I stand to lose around $40K if I wait.

Brown -> Wilkes seems pretty good for the time being, there's plenty of good value in defenders so him and Myers should increase enough to make their upgrades straightforward later down the track. I could grab Bradshaw or McLeod now, but without many good downgrade players left options are limited unless I risk losing emergencies....

I'd rather wait a while to cash Wonna but I want to get a decent amount from him as well - I stand to lose around $40K if I wait.

How many trades left?

How many trades left?

9, trading brown and wonna this week would leave me 7 trades and around $425000 in the bank. Not ideal so I'd prefer to carry that position until around rd15 assuming I can keep winning enough games.

Would leave me a team of:
B: Cornes, Shaw, Milburn, Gilbee, Fletcher, Wilkes, Myers... (Thompson, Proud)
M: Ablett, Cooney, Dal Santo, Mitchell, Stanton, Palmer... (Wellingham, Rookie Mid)
R: Cox, Simmonds (Kreuzer)
F: Pavlich, Franklin, Brown, Riewoldt, BJ, Porplyzia, Didak... (Gamble, Valenti)

Wish I hadn't burnt as many trades early.

I am planning on bringing in C Cornes this week, problem is I have 4 similar valued players that I could trade out for him, all of which are starters.. (I have some $ reserve).

Which one of Mundy, Ellis, Taylor and Wonaeamimi would you recommend trading out?

Cheers

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I am planning on bringing in C Cornes this week, problem is I have 4 similar valued players that I could trade out for him, all of which are starters.. (I have some $ reserve).

Which one of Mundy, Ellis, Taylor and Wonaeamimi would you recommend trading out?

Cheers

Mundy...have him...hate him. Cant string 2 games together.

Which trade do you think is better Rioli to Franklin or Simmonds to Sandliands

I love the Sandi man but wish I had Buddy. Go for Buddy.

Looking at doing Steve Johnson and Jimmy Bartel in for Porplyzia and Palmer, thoughts?

Love it. Doing similar except going for Roo over SJ.

Not sure what to do about the Burton situation

Might put him on teh bench and upgrade Tippet to Kosi or fev or (insert good forward)

I think iwill have to do something about it

I have 6 trades left and im 3 trades from my final team well 2 before my final team

Cotchin or brown to upgrade to elite midfield

Osbourne down back to Mattner probably or maybe Chad Cornes

QUOTE]

Just had a look at the means and the difference between Simmonds and Sandi is 37.4 and the difference between Rioli and Franklin is 27.5 but thinking Rioli may drop off as the year goes longer so maybe it will just have to come down to not getting Franklin cos so many have him I dont know

Might put him on teh bench and upgrade Tippet to Kosi or fev or (insert good forward)

I have 6 trades left and im 3 trades from my final team well 2 before my final team

Trading Burton when he only misses 2 weeks seems counter-productive. I'm just going to hop Tippett finds a bit of form

If your forward line is set I wouldn't go trading Burton out with only 6 trades left, you'll need to keep some for injuries...
If I was you I would try and avoid trading until deeper into the season.

QUOTE]

Just had a look at the means and the difference between Simmonds and Sandi is 37.4 and the difference between Rioli and Franklin is 27.5 but thinking Rioli may drop off as the year goes longer so maybe it will just have to come down to not getting Franklin cos so many have him I dont know

I'm staying off Sandilands, Cox will probably miss the end of the season and I can then bring him in as a replacement... hopefully Sandlilands loses a bit of value so I can upgrade Simmonds at the same time if need be.

If your forward line is set I wouldn't go trading Burton out with only 6 trades left, you'll need to keep some for injuries...
If I was you I would try and avoid trading until deeper into the season.

I have pavilich, franklin, okeefe, burton, rioli, porpz and jbrown. Tippet on the pine.

i guess imight just have to stick it out with Tippet.

Current team:

scscscsctw2.png

Now, i only have 8 trades left with $85,000 in the kitty. Should i:

A) just leave it this week and wait for the cash cows to raise in value

B) trade in armitage for say armfield(?) and then upgrade murphy to chornes?

C) trade in armitage for say armfield(?) and then upgrade ryder to gilbee/millburn/fletcher/bock?

anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back