Round 11 Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have just 5 trades left but this is my side.

B: Drummond, Goddard, Newman, Gilbee, Cornes, Gilbert, Grimes (Rance, Cheney)
M: Dal'Santo, Judd, Selwood, Gibbs, Cooney, Power (Muston, Barham)
R: Cox, McIntosh (Jacobs, Spencer)
F: Pavlich, Deledio, Chapman, Franklin, Higgins, Lovett, Krackouer (Walker, Warren)

So with five trades left I think I may go Krackouer to Steve Johnson and Cornes to Enright. It means that I will have just 3 trades left and Gilbert on the bench but with both Rance and Cheney named this week I avae cover. the trades give me the following forwardline and backline (the mids and rucks are set and I'm not touching them for the rest of the year)...

B: Drummond, Goddard, Newman, Enright, Gilbee, Glbert, Grimes (Rance, Cheney)

The avove backline can easily bring out 700 points each week with every player there avearging just below or over 100. The three 'G's' at the end there are a little daunting but all should hold up for the rest of the season.

F: Johnson, Pavlich, Chapman, Deledio, Franklin, Higgins, Lovett (Warren, Walker)

I hink this is quite strong. Many people seem to be underrating Lovett in SC, but before he played th Cats last week he had been averaging 100 popinys in the previous five games. Higgins it seems is back with a big 120 on the weekend. I really need Franklin to fire in the second half of the year and I think that the mid-season break will see him good. He should be getting 100 until the rest of the season.

So, if I make my trades I will have a team that should be getting 100 from each player, each week. Thoughts?

They're solid trades, no question, i guess it's the age old quandary though with trades. 3 trades is dangerously low with half a season to play, but they do seem like winners. Krak > SJ I'd definitely do...if Cheney plays it might be worth considering what i just posted in another thread (see below)

Cheney on an extended bench...just for something new.:rolleyes:

Hodge back raises an interesting proposition for me this week. With Chornesy gone, I had all but accepted I was buring ANOTHER two trades this week (with the standard Beams > Musto-man). Now I'm thinking IF Cheney gets named (which he probably won't), i could maybe cover Chornesy for a week whilst I wait for Hodge to bottom out. Have Petrenko as my other sub on ext. bench also but no way in hell is that spud getting a gig on (playing) squad.

I really need a win this week, but mine & my opponent's scores last week were 2345-1950, so you'd think I'd be safe. Is probably all academic anyway, it seems Cheney's perma-position is on an ext. bench, is probably no-show for an actual spot.

Is it stupid thinking Kraks to Fev? Swore I wouldn't bring Fev in but

Depends if you want to go on a rollercoaster ride...I did..sometimes the ride is fun and sometimes it's scary...

I can trade Gilbert to Goddard or I can upgrade Krakoer to a Chapman or an O'Keefe. Thoughts?

Goddard is a gun...but hasn't Gilbert done quite well this year....

tough decision between Chapman and ROK - I'd go ROK, but Chapman has a higher ceiling but a lower floor.

mcglynn > muston (muston would be a starter)

krak > riewoldt?

OR

robinson > muston (bench player)

krak > ROK or stevie J

HELP!

Roo all the way....

I went
Boak > Muston
Hill > Broughton (missed him last week :mad: )

Next week ill turn Otten or Kerr into Ablett and maybe Krakour into ROK or Riewoldt if i can afford it. That will leave me 6 trades left which i will hold onto for a while. If i keep winning i may be able to afford to hold onto Chornes (Hodge being named helps).

I have 8 trades remaining and with Hodge being back I think i'll just bench Chad, but it does leave me wanting to do something which will either be very silly or very good long term.

Backs: Goddard, Hodge, Mackie, Cornes, Lockyer, Adcock, Grimes (Broughton, Suban)
Mids: Ablett, Goodes, Dal Santo, Judd, Kornes, A.Selwood (Cockie, Anthony)
Rucks : Cox, Sandilands
Fwd: Buddy, Deledio, Porplyzia, Fev, Higgins, Walker, Sidebottom (Brown, Warren)

Here comes the crazy idea... I'm thinking of dropped Adam Selwood to Muston, leaving just 7 trades but freeing up roughly 350k for future upgrades. Muston might end up being a keeper, if not he'll go up a lot in value and be an easy upgrade target later on. I also have my doubts about A.Selwood long term.. he seems to be tagging again and this is lowering his scores.

Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers!

Kerr -> Muston
Malceski -> Drummond

Now have 10 trades remaining -still need to get rid of Cornes - possibly for Hodge if he drops a bit and get Ablett, then I'm set :)

Now who to start. Cross, Ward or Muston

Is it stupid thinking Kraks to Fev? Swore I wouldn't bring Fev in but

I can only think that your reason for doing this is because it is only 1 trade, not 2 to go jo a johnson / roo. I don't like it

Don't think I will trade this week. Only have 11 trades, I'll win both my leagues anyway.

I have cornes,gilbert and harry taylor and i have two rookies to cover so am left with a zero, i also have the trade ability to get ablett this week so should i do that trade and take the zero or miss out on him and fix up the backline.
I think gilbert and taylor will only be out for a week.

Ziebell > Fevola not a bad move?? Ziebll due for an upgrade and Fev at his lowest price I would think.. Clears out a rookie too. Hopefully Fev stays at home! and not crawl around upfield.

I went with...

Beams-->Muston
Otten-->Ablett

I'm coping a donut in the backs (unless Cheney plays) so maybe I should've got rid of the Chad, but I really wanted Ablett.

Bit the bullet.

Rich > Ablett

Robinson (cya spud) > Muston

8 trades and $245,000 left.

Fev and Brown come into calculations in the next week or two even though I swore off getting Fev because of his inconsistency.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mids : Ablett-Kirk-Dal Santo-Cross-Rich-Coughlan (Zaharakis,Anthony)

Thinking of downgrading one of Coughlan or Zaharakis this week

What do you guys reckon ? Who should get the chop ?

11 trades.

If don't take muston in this week you'll be calling yourself a peanut:eek:

:thumbsu::D:thumbsu:

Yeah I know.
Its one to take for 200k profit, but I may need to do more trading elsewhere over the coming weeks.

I still want him. I just haven't regretted missing any boats this year. There is always another

went rich > ablett and ziebel > muston.

drop a couple of solid cashcows but with 9 trades left, starting to go conservative.

got cover for cornes so didnt pull gun on him. any idea how long will be out for? might just sit on him and play rance/suban

Zaharakis for Muston

then...

Cornes to Drummond
or Krakouer to Riewoldt

You'd pick the second but considering Cornes' injury it could be vital. This week the spud Petrenko must play or I cop a 0.

Edit - Shit I miscalculated. Fall 14k short of Roo. SJ is the man I guess!

between 4-6 which I assume is including the mid break..

I'm kinda looking at Cornes > Enright and Ziebell > Fev. gives 54k to play with.Although I do have Broughton to cover. Will have 7 trades left :eek: so I'll likely miss the Muston bandwagon.Thinking it's almost time to get the keeprs in..Fev trade gives me a fwd keeper and Ziebs is struggling lately. Can't get really anyone for Hill to trade. Hurley, later on perhaps? but not for a couple of weeks I would of thought. Looking for Ballantyne in for Warren in two weeks so then I could offload Mitch Brown..

Or Cornes > Burgoyne and Ziebs > Brown.. Bloody short by 500 bucks on Enright instead Burgoyne:mad:

Krak and Cornes out hurts, but I'm going to take it on the chin and go ahead with the Muston + Ablett trades. I missed the Grimes train because I didn't get home in time to trade, I'm not missing Muston.

zaharakis to ablet mid set now 9 trades to go want to save 4 or so for last min or LTI so 5 trades to get the rest set going to be hard

OK... Bit the bullet....

Kerr >>>> Muston.

Ziebell >>>> Johnson.

With Gilbert out, 0 emergencies in the back.

Hartlett & Coughlan on the bench in the midfield.

Garlett emergency fwd.

GAJ, next rd or rd after.

Hill for Drummond.

McGlynn for Riewoldt.

Trading done..... 4 left for emergencies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back