Player Watch Round 11 v Essendon - Dreamtime At The G - MCG Saturday May 25th 7.40pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I’d be so proud of the boys if they win this week
And you will have a fistful of cash if you take a multi to Win at $9 Into this Umpires Special
Will be going the "Umpires Special" same game multi. 3 legs will be the free kick differential (-15), 50m penalties against (+3), and an ARC overturn(+1).
What's this paying SDM 😜

Ryan has been a disappointment this year. Early years it was like he could develop into a gun forward/ruck, at 23 and a half he’s been ******* s**t this year. Also appears to hate the gym. Anyways, hope he proves me wrong and kicks a bag rather than s**t his pants like he did round 1.
I reckon our best bet is to recruit a known quantity even if it costs heaps of $

Confused Virtual Reality GIF by Trippyogi
ì if balta d did doesn't back play melt hard incoming
Steve Martin Idk GIF

Yep got 8 possessions last week and maybe less the week before. You need to do better than that at VFL and can’t see him getting the ball much in seniors with those numbers
They pulled him from the field before the last quarter to make sure he didn't get injured, so he may have gathered a few more possessions if he had stayed on.
That said, he didn't play a game that demanded he got promoted to AFL level, I assumed Lefau wasn't going to play.
Will be interesting how they use gim Saturday night, maybe more off the bench as relief for Nank

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep. The only thing that will help Sonsie develop is more time in the midfield. The coaches don't seem to have the faith in him that they have in Dow, yet to me he seems to have a much higher ceiling.
And he seems to play well in tandem with McAulif. When you have two players that seem to complement each other why don’t we play them together

I just want them to make a decision about where his best position is and then stick with it. Yze wanted him as a key forward, circumstances have meant he wasn't got to play long enough along side Lynch to see if the plan can work. If they are reverting back to him being a defender, then take the pain that is going to come by having inexperience up forward until Lynch returns and look to address the KPF issue in the trade/free agency/draft period and build from there.

What I don't want to see is Balta being moved back and forwards constantly and never really allowing him to settle fully into the role they want him to play long term.
Balta was the second coming of Rance 2 years ago. Why did they f*ck with his development? Should have left him there and right now we’d have the best key back in the league

They pulled him from the field before the last quarter to make sure he didn't get injured, so he may have gathered a few more possessions if he had stayed on.
That said, he didn't play a game that demanded he got promoted to AFL level, I assumed Lefau wasn't going to play.
Will be interesting how they use gim Saturday night, maybe more off the bench as relief for Nank

He was ****ing awful. Soft and shit and well beaten by the sandy ruck.

These ins are the worst so far. Young sucked but playing one less tall defender against Essendon is a mistake.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Balta was the second coming of Rance 2 years ago. Why did they f*ck with his development? Should have left him there and right now we’d have the best key back in the league
Because that's what we seem to do now. They f**ked with Ross too. Slimmed him down and tried to turn him to a hybrid wing/half back, when he's a natural ball winning midfielder.

He was ******* awful. Soft and s**t and well beaten by the sandy ruck.

These ins are the worst so far. Young sucked but playing one less tall defender against Essendon is a mistake.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yep. Unless they're planning to move Balta back, we're one tall short in the back line.

Balta was recruited as a forward IIRC, Hardwick started him as a forward then shifted him back to fit him into the side. Then he kept him as a key defender as we lost older guys.

For better or worse Yze believes his best position is KPF as part of his best line up. Now due to injury to Gibcus and poor form by Young he may be looking at sending him back to strengthen the back half. If that's the case, then bite the bullet and leave him there and look at key forward by either pushing Koschitzke/Ryan to step up or taking kids in the MSD and ND.

With Ryan I agree not ideal to be promoting him or anyone off the back of a poor VFL game.

Did some stat checking. The case for him is he's been capably mixing KPF with Ruck in VFL. Has booted 12 goals 3 behinds thus far. Averaged 24 HO pg. Sharing these roles with Kosi and Naismith. He's fit!

Last year at AFL level he was good in our wins over Geelong, Crows and Eagles and for half a game he and Miller in tandem broke even against Dees pair Gawn and Grundy.

Ryan's a tall athletic unit, can mark, is an accurate set shot and has done his VFL apprenticeship. Plenty to work and has a high ceiling in my opinion. Time to pump AFL games into him. Could be a dominant force in 2-3 years time. Nank will require a lot of help from hereon in, especially as Naismith is now out with an ACL. At 206cm Ryan offers a very different ruck option against the likes of Goldstein, Witts, Gawn, Soldo etc and it will be a great learning experience for him.

Looking forward to watching Samson perform Saturday night and the rest of 2024

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back