Round 11

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Id say Saad personally. He's basically cooked his cash cow value with his recent scores.
Not sure how Bruce is going and Oxley should be able to ride that 126 for a few more weeks

Issue with Saad is he's only worth about 100k less than Newnes.

Yeah, but thats because he scores less too ;)
Depends on what your priorities are i guess

For me Newnes is a sub-premium who I will be riding until the last 5 rounds or so when the rest of my team is complete

But my point is that H. Shaw and Hodge will score more than Newnes and Jake Kelly, so why not upgrade them? Especially to help with bye structure.

I just see Newnes as too inconsistent, and not having Hodge in my team is hurting too much.

But my point is that H. Shaw and Hodge will score more than Newnes and Jake Kelly, so why not upgrade them? Especially to help with bye structure.

I just see Newnes as too inconsistent, and not having Hodge in my team is hurting too much.
It's robbing peter to pay paul in my opinion.

But if you want the help for bye structure then i can see the value

So out of Saad, Mundy, Bruce, Newnes, and Oxley, who do you reckon I should get rid of?

I am planning on keeping ox as D7, someone that can ton it up like that regularly. In my opinion, if you are upgrading Newnes it should only be for your bye structures or for a super premo like Hodge, (McVeigh if we are lucky with the new DPP),.... surely you have more pressing issues in your team?

I would say upgrading saad to a Shaw/Higgins is smart if you dont have the cash for a super premo as Saad is cooked.

In addition, Newnes is someone that could be handy later in the season as an M9/M10 so you have a defence link if there is carnage

I am planning on keeping ox as D7, someone that can ton it up like that regularly. In my opinion, if you are upgrading Newnes it should only be for your bye structures or for a super premo like Hodge, (McVeigh if we are lucky with the new DPP),.... surely you have more pressing issues in your team?

I would say upgrading saad to a Shaw/Higgins is smart if you dont have the cash for a super premo as Saad is cooked.

In addition, Newnes is someone that could be handy later in the season as an M9/M10 so you have a defence link if there is carnage

Well as I've said a few times now, my most pressing issue is the fact I have too many R12 Defenders in my team and one of them needs to go. I could upgrade Saad to Shaw I suppose.

Not sure what to do this week. Gonna be struggling to field 18 even though my byes are balanced 10-10-10.

Took Kavanagh heading into last week which I thought was a no brainer especially given the hype around Dumont. He was cheaper and was starting on the ball. Slightly higher BE but didn't really matter.

With all the Bombers injuries etc is Kavanagh going to be the last really great bargain of the season?

Also, finally bit the bullet and took Armitage <--- Rockliff who was a gun and I expect to continue. Pity my team is still doing shit though. haha.

This week though, Josh Kennedy (Syd) - Kangaroos away this weekend, plummeting value, extremely mediocre score against the Suns.

Keep or Trade before it's too late?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So, now that teams have been released, I've officially got 16 players starting before trades, so it's possible for me to field an 18 this week. Woo.

EDIT: Or not, 17 if I count correctly since Amon is injured.

Last edited:
With Bennell and Amon injured I have 17 on the field. Was hoping to get rid of Melksham but will trade the former two instead as they are effectively out for 2 bye rounds at least. Kavanagh is a simple in, trying to figure out who I should replace Bennell with (can pick any back/mid/fwd thanks to DPP).

Will have to upgrade Vanders to someone playing this week.

Who would you guys trade in out of Ziebell,Kennedy(WC) and Devon Smith?

No possible way for me to avoid a donut this week. Had the option of going Vandenburg > Enright, Goodes > Kavanagh or Vandenburg to Mcveigh, Goodes to Clurey.

Gone with the 1st option as Clurey has the scoring potential of Zac Dawson and Trengove isn't far away from returning for port.

Got 17 starting players, Phillips ready as my ruck emergency and is a big chance to make the GWS 22 against the Pies with Grundy and Witts (likely to return)

Bit of carnage at selection tonight but. Both my inclusions early in the week (Amon and Brooksby) were ruled out so had to re-do those trades.

McKernan > Gawn - saves me a donut and Gawn has a R 13 bye
vandenBerg > Kavanagh - saves me a midfield donut as well. I don't see him being vested at Domain either, injury permitting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back