Review Round 12, 2015 - Bulldogs vs Brisbane Lions

Who were your five best players for the round 12 game against the Bulldogs?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Was at the Game.

Rich was our captain and his effort and out put was disgraceful. Was border line upset watching him tonight, he doesent have leadership credentials at this stage.

Zob will not make it at AFL level, id prefer he didn't continue to play.

People complaining we were flat footed in the first half along the wing, that was instructed football, cause a cluster and hope for one over the back - worked a couple of times.

First half was ok - I must say, we seemed generally confused around the bench tonight, a rabble really. It's hard to know how far off we are, but it might be a lot further
than we know.

Christensen got a lot of cheap ones in the last to paper over the cracks. Defensively he was terrible and I doubt I have ever seen someone just waive as many guys past him. He looked like a bullfighter out there. He puts in absolutely zero effort defensively and seems only interested in padding his stats. There was plenty wrong with that performance and Christensen was right up there in the list of problems.

Don't agree. Barely an easy possession all game. Also got first hands on it plenty of times only to get belted in the tackle. He might have more work to do in terms of his running but, in a game when we got smashed at the contest, he was one bloke prepared to throw himself at it.

I can't believe we play an inexpirenced backline like that. Not one of them can run and carry the ball so we get no drive (Hanley the exception when he is there). Leppa has got this wrong lately.

As for draft picks - I would load up on Aish and leuey and our first rounder and bring in 3 more like beams, Robbo and bundy. We cant wait around any more hoping we are going to be better in a year or two.

One positive was I thought bundy took a heap for the team today and was our best.

WTF?

He was horrible in this regard.

Relative to quite a few of his team mates I disagree. Saw him run much harder than those around him to try and pressure and cover opponents.

Have been really impressed with Bundy this season coming off his injury woes.

I know we're young but we look so weak. Bulldogs are also a young team and amount of times they shirked our tackles with ease and crunched us with theirs was telling. At the same time we look unfit or lazy because we don't spread well enough or apply pressure. How can we be weak and unfit? You could understand being more deficient in one area due to a focus on one but we look terrible with both.

Redden and Rich both awful. Something wrong with Rich. Must be carrying something debilitating. Fix him and put him on ice for next season.

I have lost patience with Zorko he was useless again.
ZOB is an absolute butcher, he does ok until he gets the ball in hand.
Luenburger is clearly taking one for the team playing fwd because he sucks at it, he is a ruckman that should only rest fwd....clearly would not be in the 1s if we had a decent target up fwd.
And we would have to have the worst ball movement in the competition, ffs chipping the ball down the boundary line 26 times and then stopping wondering why there is no target in the fwd50 is a bloody disgrace, if Leppitsch has coached them this way then don't let the door hit you on the way out next year.
A really disgraceful effort, we may be lacking key forwards but the ball was going in there anyway.
Not happy rant over

Just got home from the game and our lack of dare to take the game on is really frustrating. The way they play the game it is just a bomb long to our forward line and then watch the ball swept right back to the other end with no pressure as the opposition scores.

My views on some players:
O'brien is not an AFL standard footballer so we should give games to younger guys aged 18-20
Leunberger is the human goal post because he is about as useful as one playing forward.
Redden was very disappointing
Adcock was ordinary
Zorko only runs hard when he has the ball

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If he's not carrying a serious niggle, which I assumed he was, he deserves the whack.
I think he's carrying a niggle but I also thought he was pretty insipid in terms of effort tonight. He wasn't alone there, of
course, but the (c) next to his name was supposed to mean something.

I think Rich has probably struggled he past few matches because I don't think he has a clearly defined role. Started the saints game on fire until he got tagged, we lost our HBF players and I think he's been a bit inbetween. Saw him positioned reasonably well at stoppages but sometimes the ball literally didn't bounce his way due to luck.

Room to improve but he was off tonight along with the rest of the team.

I can't believe we play an inexpirenced backline like that. Not one of them can run and carry the ball so we get no drive (Hanley the exception when he is there). Leppa has got this wrong lately.

The problem is... who else have we got? It's not like Gardiner and Andrews are massively more experienced.

Seriously dont know why Adcock isn't captain after Rocky got injured. Seemed like a logical replacement having an ex captain right there.
Because he's not a vice captain.
On tonight's performance, wasn't any better than Rich. Probably the worst game I've seen from Rich and Jed. Both were pathetic. Redden not much better. These are the leaders of the group FFS.

Agree that Taylor is full of flashy talent, but boy, the decision making. Very frustrating that at times we had guys running/leading into space, and they aren't seen or are ignored. The kicking backwards tonight was through a lack of endeavour and awareness, far more than any super defensive cover from the opposition. Time and again we had blokes spare in space and the ball carrier could not see them. Awareness was putrid.
I think that's about the end for Berger. We can't have a resting ruck, twiddling his thumbs on field. I thought he might come good (he has been better in the past) but at this rate, a decision will be made before he can sort it out.
Anyway,

#Package

I think he's carrying a niggle but I also thought he was pretty insipid in terms of effort tonight. He wasn't alone there, of
course, but the (c) next to his name was supposed to mean something.

Yeah, it's really not a valid excuse. If you're healthy enough to be out there and you're a leader a performance like that is simply not good enough, niggle or not.

Just horrible.

Rich - Horrible
Adcock - absent then horrible
Redden is no longer in our future - horrible
Leuey - horrible

We are a pathetic team atm.
Why are we so poor at stoppages?
Are we a team of outside midfielders?

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Round 12, 2015 - Bulldogs vs Brisbane Lions

Back