Review Round 12, 2015 - Bulldogs vs Brisbane Lions

Who were your five best players for the round 12 game against the Bulldogs?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

That was insipid. The back 6 - admittedly under the pump but no co-ordination and kept getting bad matchups. O'Brien just got trampled and Rich - they dropped their tag after the first quarter for no consequence. Where's he at ? Martin was one of the best again and Christensen kept going but our cupboard is bare. No one is winning one on one we're getting wacked all over the place.

Christensen got a lot of cheap ones in the last to paper over the cracks. Defensively he was terrible and I doubt I have ever seen someone just waive as many guys past him. He looked like a bullfighter out there. He puts in absolutely zero effort defensively and seems only interested in padding his stats. There was plenty wrong with that performance and Christensen was right up there in the list of problems.

Again tonight we looked a mile behind the other team physically. We were playing against a very young bulldogs side and they looked so much stronger than us is was not funny. If Burton is there at the end of the year we deserve everything we get.

Scratching my head at this one. Not at all the way it looked to me re Christensen.

Was Rich underdone or injured tonight?

I thought we brought back Bontempelli too soon because he looked off the pace, but what was the story with Rich?

I don't think anyone knows short of speculation. If he's out there then he's right to go. Even if he is carrying something, he was poor tonight.

We really struggle to shift the momentum of games at the moment. Once it turns against us, we just can't get it back. An injury or a run of goals is sadly a bit much to overcome.

As others have said, ZOB isn't going to make it. Undersized inside mid with no tricks etc etc.
Did we rush Redden and Adcock back? Probably(Redden looked way off the pace). But aside from Harwood, there wasn't anyone who could've come in and had much of an impact(I don't think Mayes is fit either, happy with Andrews being managed). Leuenberger isn't a forward for the 1000th time(not that we have any real alternatives). Taylor has to stop kicking backwards. Retaining possession is fine, but don't kick backwards unless you're planning on switching. Beasley on Stringer- bit of a learning experience there. He competes well in the air, but he'll have to learn to defend against talls who are dangerous at ground level as well at his height. Bourke looked ok out there. Needs to stop hacking the ball out indiscriminately, but he competed well otherwise. Might be worth hanging on to as depth if we lose Magurie/Paine/Staker/McGuane at the end of the season.

McStay's starting to look like a really intriguing package(Edit:whoops, thanks BT you ****wit). Will be really exciting if he can hold most of those grabs. Obviously he struggles a bit against accomplished defenders, but when he's not blanketed you can really see a lot of promising signs there. His ability to get over the back of his man isn't Cameron/Roughead/pre Hardwick Riewoldt like yet, but he's got some genuine pace for a guy his height.

Don't agree. Barely an easy possession all game. Also got first hands on it plenty of times only to get belted in the tackle. He might have more work to do in terms of his running but, in a game when we got smashed at the contest, he was one bloke prepared to throw himself at it.
Was first to the ball a fair bit in contested situations. Just needed a bit of support and we would've ended up with clean possession out of the stoppage.

Rich is clearly injured, something must be up with his hip because he hasn't been kicking through the ball the last few games.

We won't win many games when we have such inexperience up either end of the ground, that's the reality of where we're at. Any experience we have at either end are not KPP's, all our KPP's are kids, they need time.

We are going to pay overs to get Dixon, we are going to pay overs to get Carlisle/Tarrant. People can complain all they want but the reality is we won't win many games over the next 3 years unless we pay overs for KPP's this year.

First game i've seen live in a just on a year.

Things i learnt.....

Rich......no doubt he can play, i've seen it with my own eyes, when he wants to he can be one of our best. On what was displayed tonight he is either injured or lazy, he just doesn't move. If he isn't injured put him up for trade. Tonight's effort was a disgrace.

Is Simon Black running our stoppages??? Whoever is needs to be sacked. Martin won that many tap outs it wasn't funny. How many went to advantage......buggar all!!! With that sort of advantage in the ruck we should be dominating clearances, we aren't, not even close.

We are either unfit or lazy. I've never seen a team remain so flat footed when they have the ball. We get the ball on the oppositions 50m line and you look down the ground and everyone is standing flat footed, hardly anyone is creating space between their opponent. Lazy or unfit, you be the judge???

Reddon i will cut some slack because it was his first game back but he if replicates that sort of form again add him to the trade table.

Leuy needs to go. Martin has taken his spot and urinated all over it.

Martin, Clarke, Christensen, Beams, Robinson and McStay (for the most part) can all hold their heads up high the rest have some soul searching to do.

I didn't think our clearances were all that bad tonight up against a good clearance team. We've been a very poor clearance team for a long time now.

I didn't think our clearances were all that bad tonight up against a good clearance team. We've been a very poor clearance team for a long time now.

Not sure of the stats but i'd be surprised if we were even close. Martin dominated the ruck. To my eyes (admittedly i'm not a football genius) we didn't win a lot of clearances considering we dominated the ruck.

Not sure of the stats but i'd be surprised if we were even close. Martin dominated the ruck. To my eyes (admittedly i'm not a football genius) we didn't win a lot of clearances considering we dominated the ruck.

We lost 40-37.

Lose = doom and gloom. Players need to retire or get traded.

Win = *this player* is soooo amazing, he'll be a 200-gamer for sure!

Lions supporters, pls.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Were you at the game? The effort from some experienced players was a disgrace.
Yes. I am pissed off, trust me.
Every clubs supporters do this.
I don't worry about other supporters. I just sit back and laugh when our fans do it, their bitching just sounds so ridiculous.

I don't worry about other supporters. I just sit back and laugh when our fans do it, their bitching just sounds so ridiculous.

So you are happy with the way the team played tonight? Against an opposition that wasn't that long ago considered on the same level as us. You just sit back and take what they served up.

Are you happy with Rich, Reddon, Leuy.......and the list goes on.

So you are happy with the way the team played tonight? Against an opposition that wasn't that long ago considered on the same level as us. You just sit back and take what they served up.

The midfield needs to change. I keep hearing how good our midfield is, really. Rich should be dominating games, Reddon the same. Martin can't do a lot more in the ruck than what he is. So the ruck is covered, if our midfield is so great where does it all go wrong?

It wasn't the forward line that was the problem tonight it was the mids and the flat footed effort around the centre of the ground that caused us to get pumped the way we did.

The midfield needs to change. I keep hearing how good our midfield is, really. Rich should be dominating games, Reddon the same. Martin can't do a lot more in the ruck than what he is. So the rucks covered, if our midfield is so great where does it all go wrong?
People need to differentiate between the talent and the team as a whole. Our midfield simply isn't functioning. The errors you see on the field are simply down to one error causing a domino effect, which leads to an even bigger error. Leppa said exactly that in his presser tonight, it's something that will only fix itself in time.

Lose = doom and gloom. Players need to retire or get traded.

Win = *this player* is soooo amazing, he'll be a 200-gamer for sure!

Lions supporters, pls.

I disagree. After the Bombers, saints and GWS loses this board was incredibly measured and generally positive. When a team serves up an effort like it did tonight in the second half, naturally, it throws a spotlight on certain players and their ability to compete at the highest level. It also leads to strong comment and negative reaction with the supporters, I am sure the coaches will be making the sane judgements tomorrow morning.

People need to differentiate between the talent and the team as a whole. Our midfield simply isn't functioning. The errors you see on the field are simply down to one error causing a domino effect, which leads to an even bigger error. Leppa said exactly that in his presser tonight, it's something that will only fix itself in time.

In your opinion can it be fixed with the current squad?

In your opinion can it be fixed with the current squad?
There's no quick fix to the issue. It's mainly confidence-based.

A KPF that can kick a bag, an experienced defender and probably a decent small defender would also be handy. But in reality, we're not going to get all those in a space of a year. We need to be patient.

A KPF that can kick a bag, an experienced defender and probably a decent small defender would also be handy. But in reality, we're not going to get all those in a space of a year. We need to be patient.

I agree with the fixes you mentioned but i also think the midfield needs tinkering with while some of them still have trade value. For how hyped up it is the reality just doesn't stack up.

To me it doesn't look like confidence is the problem, they look unfit or lazy. When we have the ball moving out of the oppositions forward line, the players forward of the ball don't present, don't make space, they stay flat footed hoping someone else will make a play. Is that being lazy or are we not fit enough?

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Round 12, 2015 - Bulldogs vs Brisbane Lions

Back