Autopsy Round 12, 2024: West Coast v St.Kilda - Optus Stadium - Saturday 1st June, 4.35pm AEST

Remove this Banner Ad

It was a tough watch at times but a gutsy win.

Don't know wtf was going on with holding the ball. They must have missed 3-4 clear decisions at least.

I thought Clark was important for us. Windy obviously massive. Good to see Dow get busy too.

I thought Jimmy struggled today. His defending out the back of a few stoppages really poor.

Any win out west has merit.

Today without being at the ground appeared to me to be the same as last week. The coaches know how they want us to play. It is actually ok. We missed a good 10 kicks going forward. It didn't cost us against a bottom team. Found a way to win. Good one.

Q: What do Tim Kelly, Lachie Neale, Nick Daicos & Harley Reid all have in common?

A: They all must now be referred to as Windys little bitch from now on

Congrats on the win guys. A real spectacle of a game with great skills on show from both sides. Will be barracking for the Sainters in finals if my Eagles don’t make it 💪💪

Last edited:
Enjoyed getting back on the winners list. Maybe the confidence boost we need.

Seriously though, what happened to the holding the ball in this game. Memo went in the wash

On SM-S918B using BigFooty.com mobile app
Every game I’ve watched this week the holding the ball interpretation has been different - thought it was pretty good for the Port V Blues game — otherwise a lottery - woeful!

Every game I’ve watched this week the holding the ball interpretation has been different - thought it was pretty good for the Port V Blues game — otherwise a lottery - woeful!

i thought it was pretty straight forward in this game.
If it was StKilda , it was holding the ball.
if it was the Eagles, it was not.

They were hot on it with the Hawks v Crows game.

Congrats on the win guys. A real spectacle of the game with great skills on show from both sides. Will be barracking for the Sainters in finals if my Eagles don’t make it
Why did Reid only have 3 possessions and no clearances in the second half? Was he injured?

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Always good to win. West Coast have been tough to beat over there this year so hopefully that builds some confidence in the group.

- Windy to Reid swung the game. Starting him at half back was questionable. He's clearly a mid and at this point in his career, seems to be better when we give him a job to focus on. I hope we make this a regularly thing rather than letting an opposition mid dominant us for a half before putting attention to them.

- Outstanding performance from Wood. Stood up when we needed someone to kick goals.

- Steele's response after his dismal first quarter was fantastic. 15 tackles in 3 quarter is incredible. His version of leadership and showing the way for the rest of the boys.

- Really happy with Clark's return - 12 tackles and 5 clearances. Will also be better for the run. Had a few very important touches in the last quarter that were vital in us winning. Also Dow seems to be getting better each week - 9 clearances is exactly why we recruited him. Another one who will only get better the more he plays with this group.

Plenty of work to do but good to see us fight it out and hopefully we can build on this for the rest of the season.

Q: What do Tim Kelly, Lachie Neale, Nick Daicos & Harley Reid all have in common?

A: They all must now be referred to as Windys little bitch from now on
Noah Anderson to join the club next week!

Why did Reid only have 3 possessions and no clearances in the second half? Was he injured?

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app
I believe he reported to club doctors that he had some Windy “awareness”. Going in for scans on Monday but early indications are they’ll confirm the little sook had his ass handed to him.

Adam Simpson saying there was nothing in Reid’s tackle on Wilson lol.
Higgins had the same 'falling to ground' issue that the media blew up about. Only problem is that Reid isn't smaller and slung him as well.

All you need to do is freeze the moment of the tackle and watch the Eagles girls behind them. Their reaction says all you need to know.

Obviously. But most coaches will be fairly diplomatic. Simpson seemed pretty emphatic about there being nothing wrong with the tackle when that’s been clearly a dangerous tackle for a few years now
Wilson has been slung before same result no free. In fact they accused him of playing for it by putting a hand out to break the fall.

If it was anyone esle but the current golden child they would be suspended, but Reid wont be.

Bonner should miss out next week and return Stocker to the HBF.

Obviously Crouch will come in next week which will make us slower in the middle. He obviously replaces Seb Ross who is looking almost cooked.

Lyon will have a juggling act getting midfield minutes into Clark, Steele and Crouch who are all slow. Hopefully Dow, Windhager and Sinclair can balance the speed aspect.

If it was anyone esle but the current golden child they would be suspended, but Reid wont be.

Bonner should miss out next week and return Stocker to the HBF.

Obviously Crouch will come in next week which will make us slower in the middle. He obviously replaces Seb Ross who is looking almost cooked.

Lyon will have a juggling act getting midfield minutes into Clark, Steele and Crouch who are all slow. Hopefully Dow, Windhager and Sinclair can balance the speed aspect.
I want Sinclair in the backline.
We are way better when he's there.
He's a great HBF option, and as a midfield option he's equivalent to our other options.

Great win. West Coast at home has the profile of a top 8 team and have taken multiple scalps of sides better than us, so we shouldn't take this one for granted.

I still believe Clark is in our 10 best players and what he provides is unique to our midfield mix and today was a great reminder. He was almost BOG for me. Dow good and Steele lifted, must have copped a classic RTB bake.

We dominated the game after half time and deserved the 4 points. Hopefully King is ok

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Round 12, 2024: West Coast v St.Kilda - Optus Stadium - Saturday 1st June, 4.35pm AEST

Remove this Banner Ad

Back