Game Day Round 12 - Essendon @ PF Stadium - 2nd June 2024 - 4:00pm AEST

Remove this Banner Ad

I’ve been to every home game since 2018. I’ve also considered going to Darwin every year - it’s too bloody expensive!

I’ll keep my complain about Darwin card, thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Yes because I was specifically talking about you.

If our supporters show up and pack the stadium for home games we wouldn't need to sell any.

Didn't think I needed to spell it out.

Last edited:
Think we need a core group of 5-6 midfielders to finish off the year

Witts/Moyle

Anderson Rowell Miller

Humphrey Davies Graham

All kind of the same player

We need a burst player like Rosas in the mix
Humphrey went to 7 centre bounces and got 5 clearances.

He isn’t being used enough at all in the guts.
For someone who can make something happen and run and dash and kick long.

IMG_9695.jpeg

Humphrey went to 7 centre bounces and got 5 clearances.

He isn’t being used enough at all in the guts.
For someone who can make something happen and run and dash and kick long.

View attachment 2001234

Need to find the right mix for Humphrey.

Need him to become the burst forward option at stoppages.

Don’t really have that unless Rowell has a nice run

As has been pointed out, Essendon were far from impressive last night. We know it's going to be a big crowd and potentially 20k plus because Bombers fans are pumped about being 2nd on the ladder, but they definitely looked beatable last night. My tip is that we'll see a big difference in the way our forward line performs with the addition of Rosas. We've really missed Mally since his injury IMO.

As has been pointed out, Essendon were far from impressive last night. We know it's going to be a big crowd and potentially 20k plus because Bombers fans are pumped about being 2nd on the ladder, but they definitely looked beatable last night. My tip is that we'll see a big difference in the way our forward line performs with the addition of Rosas. We've really missed Mally since his injury IMO.
It's all about middle. Our humiliated midfield will respond :)

Interestingly, all Essendon supporters think that Goldstein is cooked and needs a rest. Time to play Bryan.

Rosas was 5 weeks out. Don't expect miracle. Who will go out?

Last edited:
Put in your barcode and select

Bring a Friend -GC SUNS Member Offer

c4f0c1ef714913ebdd242774808b9fce.jpg

Anyone who wants to complain about the shipping of games to Darwin -

This is your opportunity to show the **** up.

Pretty simple
It’s a good call, sadly I am in NZ for work but have passed on my gold tickets to ensure the seats are filled

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Injury report says Rosas is available for selection this weekend. I'm tipping he plays.
Definitely makes things intersting. Hamstrings are tricky; he is coming back earlier than expected and Rosas also has a history of short-term injuries. But I could see us pulling the trigger and getting him straight back in.

Other (or additional) options in the VFL could be Farrar: speedy and flexible, plus he has been in some good form.

Day is an option as well after Walter had a poor showing last week, but dunno if that is an option coaches will want.

Graham or Fiorini could be rotated in the middle too after our mids got smashed.

Whatever the case, Flanders back in is a certainty.

So do we only make two changes (Rosas and Flanders) after a poor showing away? Players like Johnston and Davies could be the easy targets there I guess to come out.

2-3 changes + a change in sub seems about right.

Is this any of you??
The guy in the moustache looks like Marmalade, one of the guys Atkins interviewed for Chats with Rat. Don't know anything about him since I haven't gotten to that episode yet. Seems like Dimma is a fan, at least.

Matt Rowell about to have a world record frees for and against.
I can’t possibly see this going wrong.

Definitely makes things intersting. Hamstrings are tricky; he is coming back earlier than expected and Rosas also has a history of short-term injuries. But I could see us pulling the trigger and getting him straight back in.

Other (or additional) options in the VFL could be Farrar: speedy and flexible, plus he has been in some good form.

Day is an option as well after Walter had a poor showing last week, but dunno if that is an option coaches will want.

Graham or Fiorini could be rotated in the middle too after our mids got smashed.

Whatever the case, Flanders back in is a certainty.

So do we only make two changes (Rosas and Flanders) after a poor showing away? Players like Johnston and Davies could be the easy targets there I guess to come out.

2-3 changes + a change in sub seems about right.
I'd have Flanders in (obvious), Rosas if fit for Johnstone and Graham for Davies - that should give us a good chance. Waler one more game to settle in to the speed of the game or might need a spell in the 2s to get some confidence back. Clohesy due for a 'rest' but hope Dimma doesn't do that this week. Focus on Berry, Holman and Long - too many of the same same.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back