Game Day Round 12 - Essendon @ PF Stadium - 2nd June 2024 - 4:00pm AEST

Remove this Banner Ad

EAD
Drug cheats
Drug cheat enablers
VFL umpires

Ps my little girl got the Alex Sexton ball

Yewwww

Umpiring wasn't great all round, we've had a great rub of them this year so hard to whinge too much.
We let Essendon get a lot of free ball movement with some horrid turnovers and early poor forward pressure. Great fight back by the midfield unit. Really need to clean up those I50s.

On cloud 9 baby

Wooo

Pumped

Eddie Murphy Happy Dance GIF

Watching the game live, it was a good contest.

Honestly could have gone either way. We started slow and built into it. Lots of pressure from both teams leading to errors and scrambled. But eventually we were just a little cleaner with our chains.

We do need to watch out for those hospital balls though…

Walter in the ruck is fine. Can see us keeping that going; he’s big enough and a competitor.

Long has been our best small forward and pressure forward by a long way the last month.

King had a good game I thought. Went up the ground a bit early, and less later as Walter rucked. Kicked the goals that mattered and is second in the Coleman.

It was good to see “The Bank” packed out and lots of noise, even if it was a lot of Bombers. A great game for any neutrals who took the free tickets to watch.

View attachment 2008910

Sexton has flaws, but he’s doing a decent job of providing run & carry.
He is quite a long, penetrating kick and does offer a good option running by.

Still has work to do and think he might be one to go when Powell comes back (though I still want to see Powell on a wing, or maybe Sexton can play there. Either are likely better than Fiorini).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Did the broadcast show when Walter sprinted a long distance to tackle the Essendon player in the last few minutes and just missed that he punched the ground in frustration?
That was Jed!? (of course it was bloody Jed, Gun)

From the opposite wing I thought it was Spitta just down to fresh legs with that closing speed.

I am amazed at how good Ben Long has been
Will you be releasing your updated prospectus for recruiting Ben Long soon?

I believe you had strong words.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back