Round 12: St Kilda vs Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

I've watched Adelaide games also - it's always the same behaviour. In their early years, whose supporters used to trash houses and cars? There were several fights after the 1997 GF - mainly due to the after match taunting by Crows 'supporters' - again after a win.

My point stands, some Adelaide supporters are and were feral and disgraceful, just pure rage on their faces after a win. Don't come on here and slam me, no You crawl back to your den and your own clubs bored :thumbsdown:

Every team has dickhead supporters, the difference is when the collective crowd boos the entire game. That's not an isolated incident.
Games played in Melbourne, against 2 Vic based teams will have a more even proportion of supporter's from each side. When a Vic based team plays in Adelaide, Perth or Brisbane, you're going to have to expect a very parochial crowd. Sort of makes up for having to travel away for 11 games a year as opposed to 4 to 6 games for those teams based in Vic. Yes, it's not an always fair and even draw but that's what we have.

Every team has dickhead supporters, the difference is when the collective crowd boos the entire game. That's not an isolated incident.

I'll give an explanation for the booing, though it's up to you whether you think it's a good one :eek:

A couple of years back when the Crows started doing the whole "19th man" promotion thing, they had an open competition with supporters to come up with a way to get the crowd more involved in matches (since we have notoriously quiet crowds whenever we're not kicking goals). The winning entry was for the supporters to make as much noise as possible whenever opposition players are lining up for goal to try to put them off. The Crows called it "rule 19" and I think for a while there it would actually come up on the big screen at the ground. If they missed the shot, it was called a "19th man scoring assist" (somehow them missing counted as an assist, I don't know how that works but anyway...) and they would keep a tally of them throughout the game.

Funny thing is, for the month or two that followed it's introduction opposition set shot accuracy dropped something ridiculous like 30%.

I don't think I've even heard the term "rule 19" for a while now but the crowd still do it. Probably comes across poorly but it's a hell of a lot better than the stunned mullet silence we used to have whenever the ball was anywhere other than directly above our goal umpire.

I suspect the post-siren booing was more general discontent towards the team's performance in the final quarter than ire towards the umpires, though I wasn't at the ground so I'm not sure.

Anyway, gutsy fight back by your mob tonight, I thought you were out of it midway through that last quarter. Such an even comp this year!

I suspect the post-siren booing was more general discontent towards the team's performance in the final quarter than ire towards the umpires, though I wasn't at the ground so I'm not sure.

It was discontent towards the hold on Sloane (I think it was him) in the moments before the last play of the game, and the blindingly obvious HTB decision Petrenko should have earned for running down the saints player...both in the last 30 seconds or so...neither was paid a free, and either of which could have cost the game, which admittedly should never have gotten that close in the end anyway. Cracking game to watch though, would of been a ripper for a neutral fan I would think.

Not sure how to feel now, glad we fought back to make a game of it but disappointed we couldn't pinch it.

How was that not deliberate against Dangerfield with a couple of minutes to go? That decision pretty much cost us any chance of a win, that was as blatant a deliberate that you will ever see yet they plucked out a bullshit one against us that gave the Crows a goal in the 2nd quarter.:rolleyes:

Can't really blame the umpiring though, once again we had enough opportunities to win it but wasted too many of them.

Milne's two late goals doesn't make up for all his other bad misses. Both him and Kosi should be under serious pressure to keep their spots for our next game.

was it as deliberate as the Dempsey one in our forward pocket that was missed, and led to back to back saints goals?

this is classic footy discussion. our fans think we were robbed, yours think you were robbed. probably means it was just terrible umpiring but equally bad for everyone.

i think this was one one of those games that both sides take something out of. Saints take a great fightback on the road, albeit not quite enough. still character building though. Crows take the 4 points but just as importantly were exposed in some areas, mainly the ease the Saints opened us up on the rebound time and time again. This was also a plus for the saints. if you can score that easily, and finish off the easy misses, you're looking good.

was it as deliberate as the Dempsey one in our forward pocket that was missed, and led to back to back saints goals?

this is classic footy discussion. our fans think we were robbed, yours think you were robbed. probably means it was just terrible umpiring but equally bad for everyone.

i think this was one one of those games that both sides take something out of. Saints take a great fightback on the road, albeit not quite enough. still character building though. Crows take the 4 points but just as importantly were exposed in some areas, mainly the ease the Saints opened us up on the rebound time and time again. This was also a plus for the saints. if you can score that easily, and finish off the easy misses, you're looking good.
Definitely a game where both teams get something out of it. Hadn't seen many Crows game but they're very strong around the ball and with Jacobs putting it down their throats it's a good thing they've got going there. Macca is a long, long way off producing something like that but we're hoping he gets there one day. OTOH I thought we played really well considering all the 6 day breaks and interstate trips.

Was another good game, and even though teams are scoring on us more lately I'm still rapt to see us in these shootouts.

Disgraceful behavior, booing all night, rage and hate on their faces- yet they probably had 4-5 goals directly or indirectly from frees /50m pen, not to mention frees not paid.
Serious question, have you ever been to a game where you have felt the umpire were unfair against your team? Did you boo/ berate them? If you say no, i say you're lying. difference in adelaide is theres 40000 there doing it without opposition. fair dinkum, we cheer, we boo, we knit, we sip chardonnay. It doesn't matter. haters will hate.

Imo anyone at the ground not trying to influence the umpire isn't doing their job.

Watched up until three quarter time and then turned it off in disgust.

I despair over what the AFL has turned this game into.

It was very clear who was the better team, and they were by a long way... sigh...

How ****ing disgraceful was that holding the ball call over Armitage when he had his head and neck punched, closelined and strangled by two of their thugs?

Definitely a game where both teams get something out of it. Hadn't seen many Crows game but they're very strong around the ball and with Jacobs putting it down their throats it's a good thing they've got going there. Macca is a long, long way off producing something like that but we're hoping he gets there one day. OTOH I thought we played really well considering all the 6 day breaks and interstate trips.

Was another good game, and even though teams are scoring on us more lately I'm still rapt to see us in these shootouts.
Winnings good, but we fork out our $$$ for entertainment aswell. hate to be free supporter.

Sober up and watch the game again.

Why did we never have options around the contest when they did?

Why did we persist with boundary play when it worked in their favor time and time again?

We didn't make mistakes? Are you that ignorant?

I'm sick of reading Midas' defecation where every act has no negative factor, be it the individual or the group as a whole. I swear, according to some people it seems the club could take a collective shit resulting in Scrooge McDuck's personal vault.

Would you rather we all run around like Carlton fans after 3 rounds?

Turds can't be polished, and not all that glitters is the savior of one man's vicarious plight.

Disgraceful behavior, booing all night, rage and hate on their faces- yet they probably had 4-5 goals directly or indirectly from frees/50m pen, not to mention frees not paid.

We boo when opposition players are taking set shots to put them off, and it definitely works! Particularly with Victorian clubs who spend the majority of the season playing in front of crowds that are made up of at least 50% their fans. It's good seeing a bit of passion from supporters, I'd be worried if we weren't getting fired up at the game because it would mean we don't care.

The umpiring was poor both ways, it's not like we get stuck into them like that every week! Only the very best umpiring performances get to hear our appreciation of their efforts. In any case, from what I've read in this thread you guys were just as unhappy with them as we were.

All the best for the rest of the season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't think the Adelaide supporters have any thing to answer for what so ever. There home game against good opposition with really big build up, they gey overly excited just like all supporters of their clubs. If they had an effect on our set shot kicking they could saythey had a win in that dept. It would have been expected by our players and they didnt handle it.... Roo and Milne and the others that missed those easy shots should have been able to cope with it. Adelaide supporters on here have nothing to answer to and shouldnt feel like they have to on here. Good win to you guys. We wern't good enough.

We boo when opposition players are taking set shots to put them off, and it definitely works! Particularly with Victorian clubs who spend the majority of the season playing in front of crowds that are made up of at least 50% their fans. It's good seeing a bit of passion from supporters, I'd be worried if we weren't getting fired up at the game because it would mean we don't care.

The umpiring was poor both ways, it's not like we get stuck into them like that every week! Only the very best umpiring performances get to hear our appreciation of their efforts. In any case, from what I've read in this thread you guys were just as unhappy with them as we were.

All the best for the rest of the season.

the umpiring was bad both ways. I still get mad at players ducking and "earning" a free kick for a high tackle. about time the umps just called play on.

Saints cant afford to kick so badlly during the times we dominated the game.

the other major issue that cost us the game was the domination in the middle by Thompson and Jacobs. If we had even got a bit closer with the hit outs we may have won, but thats the reason why the crows have been so strong this year.

Saints cant afford to kick so badlly during the times we dominated the game.

That I feel is the tale of the night. When you have a period of dominance, you must make the opposition pay! Kicking point after point is not good enough. The second quarter is testament to that.

the other major issue that cost us the game was the domination in the middle by Thompson and Jacobs. If we had even got a bit closer with the hit outs we may have won, but thats the reason why the crows have been so strong this year.

Spot on.

As someone else has previously stated, Big Mac is a long, long way off from being a decent ruckman. While I love his endeavour, in between the good passages, there were passages of play were he looked archaically slow...

Stanley inclusion into the team can't come soon enough. Really missing the pace both he and Saad provide.

And while I understand why Geary was the sub, I do wish he played the full game. His attack on the ball in the back half and his courage is first class, which was sorely missed in the first half.

I was at this game - first time i've attended a game in Adelaide....what an education. I could not believe the booing throughout the game and especially at the end not a good look.The delibrate out of bounds and then the one we did not get was such a contrast in frees given. They love their team i Adelaide but the continual booing of the other team was disappointing, some of their fans actually apologised!. It was quite easy to point out their hypocrisy just a pity we did not take our chances

We lost for the simple reason that we did not kick straight - have a look at the scoring shots

Good news is that at this point last year, we had 3 wins and a draw.

Already tracking better, why not be optimistic?

It was discontent towards the hold on Sloane (I think it was him) in the moments before the last play of the game, and the blindingly obvious HTB decision Petrenko should have earned for running down the saints player...both in the last 30 seconds or so...neither was paid a free, and either of which could have cost the game, which admittedly should never have gotten that close in the end anyway. Cracking game to watch though, would of been a ripper for a neutral fan I would think.

So where is the any justification in all the booing - you just won a game and there were a lot of descisions that could have gone the other way the crowd (sounded like spoilt kids and i told them so-) especially holding the ball and deliberate. Bottom line wekilled in the ruck and did not kick straight

They help him find the goals, he should have been playing AFL for years but the experts all said he was too small go figure!
Thought you guys were really good actually.

Wing nut is a class act and i agree he should have been playing for years - you guys have good one there -good post. Adelaide look good to be honest never felt like we should have won it if we did we would have pinched it...

Remove this Banner Ad

Round 12: St Kilda vs Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

Back