Game Day Round 12 vs. Western Bulldogs, Marvel, 7:40pm Friday 31/05

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So a mistake is ban worthy? Like I mis-read something. We've all done it.
“We’ve all done it” seems to be your new catchcry. Just recently you said “we’ve all done it” when referring to pretending to have sources for information pertaining to the club.

I haven’t done it; if I’m posting injury information it’s from my own experience as a physio, or I post a link to the info. Everyone here knows that if I’m commenting on types of injuries the information is of a general nature and I have no inside information, nor have I personally assessed the player.

Stop making up rumours or going off half-cocked in response to stuff you’re reading online. We all love the Pies and want to see them succeed, and no-one needs to be hearing doom and gloom about our players unless it’s factual info rather than baseless speculation.

Last edited:
Could we pick up a player in the MSD, and then be playing him on Friday night?
Don't think it would be the first time a MSD pick has played in the same week....🤔
No, it's nearly impossible and it will not happen.

So the player wouldn't even know where they're going until Wednesday night. Flight on Thursday. They would have a captain's run to impress and learn team dynamics having travelled on a three hour flight. Then they'd be suiting up on Friday. However, match committee would have already sat and how can they even assess a player that hasn't trained with them during the week?

The game plan has changed since pre-season.

Maybe Teakle, only because he trained pre season with us, but it could be a massive risk, as he would be chopping out Cameron in the ruck (which isn't the risk), but he would be playing forward as well and could get in the way of our current forwards.
It's a huge risk we won't take. Because he's just not familiar enough. Been playing in East Fremantle's system and with the WAFL. Needs at least a week to adjust.

Won't play, VFL, either.

Not even sure he can actually get registered and tick off all requirements in time to play. Being drafted is more complex than reading a name out and scribbling on one page.

“We’ve all done it” seems to be your new catchcry. Just recently you said “we’ve all done it” when referring to pretending to have sources for information pertaining to the club.

I haven’t done it; if I’m posting injury information it’s from my own experience as a physio, or I post a link to the info. Everyone here knows that if I’m commenting on types of injuries the information is of a general nature and I have no inside information, nor have I personally assessed the player.

Stop making up rumours or going off half-cocked in response to stuff you’re reading online. We all love the Pies and want to see them succeed, and no-one needs to be hearing doom and gloom about our players unless it’s based in fact rather than baseless speculation.
I wasn't making up a rumour about Sidey. I'd read it incorrectly, it happens.

I haven't actually made up a rumour before. I joked once about Allan being named lol.

I wasn't making up a rumour about Sidey. I'd read it incorrectly, it happens.

I haven't actually made up a rumour before. I joked once about Allan being named lol.

Cool. You previously stated you’ve pretended to have sources on stuff in order to post it. Now you’re saying you haven’t. Essentially your posting is a bunch of bullshit lacking any credibility whatsoever, and I’m now putting you on ignore because I gain nothing by reading it. Consider this fair notice.

Cool. You previously stated you’ve pretended to have sources on stuff in order to post it. Now you’re saying you haven’t. Essentially your posting is a bunch of bullshit lacking any credibility whatsoever, and I’m now putting you on ignore because I gain nothing by reading it. Consider this fair notice.
Well currently I'm being hung over:
  • Pendles' injury
  • Harry's development
  • Teakle being drafted
  • Our current injury list
We'll find out the results of 3/4 by Wednesday night.

But Sidey was a legitimate error.

• Pendles' injury
  • Harry's development
  • Teakle being drafted

Just looks to me that you sprout a lot of stuff and hope you get something right. You do realise that you first said it was 6 months then said 2 months and not long ago changed it to a month. Even if Pendles is out for a bit it still doesn't mean you were right in posting what you did. It worries people for no reason. Just let the club announce it instead of always trying to look like you have inside sources.

• Pendles' injury
  • Harry's development
  • Teakle being drafted

What happens if you’re wrong?

Naming a player over something completely baseless in evidence. Pure speculation & conjecture.

Seems that’s what that particular board would be for…

giphy.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just looks to me that you sprout a lot of stuff and hope you get something right. You do realise that you first said it was 6 months then said 2 months and not long ago changed it to a month. Even if Pendles is out for a bit it still doesn't mean you were right in posting what you did. It worries people for no reason. Just let the club announce it instead of always trying to look like you have inside sources.
Six months came from a rumour on X and I clearly sign-posted that.

What happens if you’re wrong?
Good question.

I'll sack my inside sources and retire from BigFooty effective immediately.

If I'm right, well, that won't happen.

Pendles injury will be a minimum of a month on the sidelines, up to six months. But given he trained today, probably wrong.

Last edited:
Good question.

Pendles injury will be a minimum of a month on the sidelines, up to six months. But given he trained today, probably wrong.
He’s training goose!! Get this guy banned

Dogs also have a mounting injury list. 7 best 23 players ruled out so far for our clash.
We have more players as test/TBC, so around 7-9 will miss for us.
So good timing to have them as an opponent at this point in the season.

Good question.

smocky, that last sentence is one of the biggest oxymorons I’ve read 😂. 6months out, but he’s trained today?

come on smocky. Don’t sack yourself, I enjoy your passion on here.

smocky, that last sentence is one of the biggest oxymorons I’ve read 😂. 6months out, but he’s trained today?

come on smocky. Don’t sack yourself, I enjoy your passion on here.
I said six months out, thinking he'd torn a bicep tendon. However, he trained today so wrong.

So I'm wrong about Pendles.

Interesting omen:

• 2 draws in 1935, Swans on top all year, Pies flag
  • 2 draws in 2010, Pies flag
  • 2 draws in 2024, Swans clearly front runners...

Hopefully we get some blokes back this week to help out the young blokes. Would love just to close out a game.

If we manage to pull one out this Friday, not sure how we go on King's Birthday, but, we may get some personnel back, given we have an 11 day break.

Let's make history, again (without any more draws)!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back