Review Round 13, 2023 vs Western Bulldogs

Remove this Banner Ad

It's funny that when we break even in free kicks we think we've done well.

They had a decent run of frees to kick start their last quarter revival before we snuffed it out.

Hope you don't mind the West Coast intrusion but unabashedly, it feels like the AFL world is watching the development of the league's midfield of the 2020s in those three, superb players.
It more than likely won't happen, but I'd love to see your boys shock the Crows tomorrow.

Confidence is the most elusive facet of sport. We have supreme confidence right now - the confidence to go for our marks; the confidence to get the ball moving forward as fast as possible to give our forwards the best advantage; the absolute arrogance to ignore the easy options out wide and attack ferociously through the corridor. At the same time, we're maintaining our work rate, pressure and attack on the ball consistently throughout games and consistently throughout this unbelievable streak. It's easily the best footy I've ever seen from the team under Hinkley.

Goes without saying that Butters was our best, followed by Lachie, Boak, Wines, Drew, Rozee and Lycett. But most players maintained a high standard and had highlights - McEntee, SPP, Dixon, Marshall, Finlayson, McKenzie and JHF all contributed to this win in a big way.

I thought Houston had a shocker. He drew Ken's waggy finger at one stage, let Weightman of the chain early and his kicking was off, but he's been good this year and I will forgive him this time. Bergman also seemed a bit repressed, and Farrell gets beaten too often when he has to defend.

But overall, we have a great spread of contributors, we're playing for each other, we are a happy, even jovial team that recognises and rewards the sacrifices that team-mates make for the benefit of the team, and it has to be said that Hinkley is coaching like Norm Smith himself!

Lachie Jones was the big show version of the guy who dominated forwards in the sanfl in his draft year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That goal line shepherd to deny Weightman a goal, couldn't be more happy for it to happen

“Illegal shepherding” would be wrong, even if in the goal square, right? So, I believe it was paid “blocking the mark”.

Having said that, I don’t know if that call would be right either.

As I said at halftime our numbers was shocking but we was still in front.
We couldn’t do worse so we had to win.
This game for me was our first real danger game.
Will win next week no problems.

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Round 13, 2023 vs Western Bulldogs

Remove this Banner Ad

Back