Autopsy Round 13, 2024: St.Kilda v Gold Coast: #GrabGate2024

Remove this Banner Ad

At this risk of being over optimistic I thought Hunter Clark turned the corner.

Looked fit, strong and composed. Standing up when tackled, strong in his upper body and hips, poised with time when had the ball.

Good to see. He might be finally maturing into his body. All he needs is some luck with injury.

Ross Lyon’s press conference was alarming.

After looking a little surprised that Hardwick described the game, rightly, as horrible, Ross started trying to reel off stats justifying the game like a bureaucrat in late-era Soviet times trying to convince journalists that all things were going well.

No one is buying it. And surely the club at this stage would be starting to get very worried. And if they are not, they should be.

In a time where competition for eyeballs has never been more fierce, we hired a coach who makes headlines for our club for all the wrong reasons. St Kilda are only in the news now for the ugliness and defensiveness of our football. Hardly going to get people to games.

Lastly, probably the most alarming thing of all was that, last night showed that, even when our much-maligned midfield group performs, because our system is so poor and our skills and decision making so awful, we can’t take advantage of it.

So, even when a game is on our terms, it will be an ugly scrap that we might not even win. We were lucky to get the points last night.

This style of footy is getting us nowhere and developing our players terribly.

Demand more from our club and stop Ross Lyon FC taking over the St Kilda FC. Support the club, not the coach.

Our club’s existence is at stake because we will not survive much longer playing this rubbish in this era of the sport. Even the diehards will stop turning up.

Yes we’ve been a hard watch and it’s been 1 hell of a slog this season but we are 2 games out of the 8 I repeat we are 2 games out of the 8.
It's a crazy situation.........8 of our last 9 games are at Marvel......6 are home games.

Just saying !!!!!!!!

Demand more from our club and stop Ross Lyon FC taking over the St Kilda FC. Support the club, not the coach.

Our club’s existence is at stake because we will not survive much longer playing this rubbish in this era of the sport. Even the diehards will stop turning up.
For the record,
St kilda FC (without Ross Lyon)
made 5 grand finals in 150 odd years.

Ross Lyon FC has made 4 in his coaching tenure across 2 clubs.
(5 if include as assistant under Roos)

I believe in the coach more than the club haha

It's a crazy situation.........8 of our last 9 games are at Marvel......6 are home games.

Just saying !!!!!!!!
Midfield soldiers have arrived over last couple of weeks,
The defensive structure looks good.
Forward pressure ramping up with butler back.
Just need some more composure and chemistry to cash in on opportunities to put more score on.
A few Ws can get em rolling build some confidence!

I quite liked his game.

Took some very good contested marks.
I'm all for the Hammer praise as well.

He fights like crazy when the ball is contested too. I love it.

You can let a player off for being goalless and maybe struggling in their forward craft when they just have a f***ing deadset crack every time the ball is near them.

Eh we were robbed two and gifted one in the last alone. Swings and round abouts.
I thought Max could have been given a 50 metrre for umpire dissent at the last moment. Maybe two goals might have been possible? (Lol - I’m trying to find Humoir from this rather grim victory) but let’s be happy with four points. Remember those early ‘brave losses’ we accepted because we thought differeoback in March April

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ross Lyon’s press conference was alarming.

After looking a little surprised that Hardwick described the game, rightly, as horrible, Ross started trying to reel off stats justifying the game like a bureaucrat in late-era Soviet times trying to convince journalists that all things were going well.

No one is buying it. And surely the club at this stage would be starting to get very worried. And if they are not, they should be.

In a time where competition for eyeballs has never been more fierce, we hired a coach who makes headlines for our club for all the wrong reasons. St Kilda are only in the news now for the ugliness and defensiveness of our football. Hardly going to get people to games.

Lastly, probably the most alarming thing of all was that, last night showed that, even when our much-maligned midfield group performs, because our system is so poor and our skills and decision making so awful, we can’t take advantage of it.

So, even when a game is on our terms, it will be an ugly scrap that we might not even win. We were lucky to get the points last night.

This style of footy is getting us nowhere and developing our players terribly.

Narkle's helmet has been bashed around a bit I reckon.

Time to stick you in concussion protocols for a while until you get a grip with reality.

Yes, things aren't great at the moment.

Yes, seven goals isn't brilliant.

But we had 50-plus entries. Getting it inside 50 is not a problem. Converting entries is. And this is a different issue to your entire narrative.

So it pretty much makes most of your ramblings irrelevant.

Lyon presser towards the end hints at blooding the Shoemaker at some point in the next few weeks. Nice.
Just watched the coach pressers.
Ross clearly frustrated but measured.

Dimma is just a huge sook.

At this risk of being over optimistic I thought Hunter Clark turned the corner.

Looked fit, strong and composed. Standing up when tackled, strong in his upper body and hips, poised with time when had the ball.

Good to see. He might be finally maturing into his body. All he needs is some luck with injury.

Plus Clark played smart football. Something we as a team lack.

Last edited:
Sharman in for Membrey. I don’t even know which Membrey we’re getting from match to match, quarter to quarter, contest to contest. The effort, focus and commitment just doesn’t seem there anymore and he’s a shell of himself.

Underrated games for Owens and Caminiti, did a lot right but couldn’t get on the scoresheet.

Defence toiled hard all night, undersized for large parts with King but worked hard. That’s as strong as we’ve looked for some time rebounding from half back in tight.

Not Henry’s best game, needed to be more assertive and harder in the coal face at times.

Quieter game for Wilson and interestingly was one where we really struggled to link and connect with the half forward line.

It won’t show it on the stat sheet, but thought Windy did some intangible and priceless stuff particularly when the game was up for grabs which got us over the line. Chuck Sincs and Nas in there too.

I see the argument for turning over a top 6 pick for Battle (likely or unlikely), but know we’ll struggle without his presence and drive from D50. Wilkie’s too undersized to impose himself like Battle does. If retention becomes an issue we are in for a world of hurt.

And, last but not least, the time is up, we need to start seeing improvement with our efficiency inside 50. Haven’t seen the press conference yet, but this can only remain an unresolved issue for so long.
Yep.
Love Timmy, but sadly I think he’s done.
Ross too.
Henry was incredibly disappointing I think.

His comments around umpiring were classless but he knows he is untouchable up there.

Lol, I don’t have to accept anything Stav. It’s a bad call and only the most one eyed supporter is saying otherwise.
There were many bad calls. How many holding the balls did they miss for us?
We call out that one just bc of the time in the game?

There were many bad calls. How many holding the balls did they miss for us?
We call out that one just bc of the time in the game?
Ffs, no, it was being discussed, if you’re gonna reply to a 6 hour old convo at least catch up on it.

I said about 40 times the umpiring was shit all round.

Dimma's always been prone to a bit of the sooky lala's, then says something to deflect or act like he doesn't really care.

"The free wasn't there. Ohhhh but that happens a lot so we're not gonna dwell on it."

Ross on the other hand looks like he's fronting up to a debate each presser lol. Got his stats on hand and looking for a bit of cross analysis of journos.

King converts at 57.89% for his career.

In his 18 months under Ross and Whedan. He converts at….

66.66% - which the elite players such as Walker Curnow Larkey all convert around 😂
Just imagine if he actually got great delivery.

Ffs, no, it was being discussed, if you’re gonna reply to a 6 hour old convo at least catch up on it.

I said about 40 times the umpiring was shit all around.
Apologies…wasn’t aware there was a time limit on being able to reply to posts.
Some of us do have a life and don’t live on here.

Guess what, I went back and read every one of the past 5 pages I missed and saw every one of your sooky posts before I actually wrote mine.
Correct free kick, or not, it bloody happens every game. For a change one went our way. Max gets manhandled and misses frees due to him far more than he gets them.
Cest La vie.

Apologies…wasn’t aware there was a time limit on being able to reply to posts.
Some of us do have a life and don’t live on here.

Guess what, I went back and read every one of the past 5 pages I missed and saw every one of your sooky posts before I actually wrote mine.
Correct free kick, or not, it bloody happens every game. For a change one went our way. Max gets manhandled and misses frees due to him far more than he gets them.
Cest La vie.
All of which I already covered.

Point was you had a potshot at me for “calling it out” when I didn’t, it was in discussion.

Should the AFL come out and say if a decision is correct or incorrect?
Can’t be changed so why come out and say it was wrong.
There’s heaps of wrong calls every game it is what it is no need to highlight it.

Exactly, just becomes a pissing contest as to when the AFL wants to boost its integrity because transparency has obviously been such a wonderful thing during the current regime. Of course they pick a minnow club like St Kilda to dine out (clearly haven’t seen this happen before)

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Round 13, 2024: St.Kilda v Gold Coast: #GrabGate2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back