Autopsy Round 13, 2024: St.Kilda v Gold Coast: #GrabGate2024

Remove this Banner Ad

It just relies on composure. Not precision.
We don’t have it. Evident at VFL level too.

People are stupid. Ignore.

The ball movement is fine until we get within 60. Lack all composure and murder ourselves.

That’s not coaching. That’s execution from the individuals. Not tactics.
Nah, it’s both. Two or three times tonight we had our numbers inside 50 and looked for sideways handballs, burning the options.

The handball first is coaching.

Maybe it’s a development thing they’ll refine at some point but it’s a direction and it’s killing our forwards.

Just home from the game.

Some genuine nuffies on here saying Max King is “no good”, “a bust” etc.

Do you actually watch the game?

The reality is he had Andrew (who kept Charlie Curnow to 0 disposals in a half some weeks ago) beaten one on one many times only for us to kick it on his head or 15m infront of him. Our system and delivery inside 50 is the worst of any team I’ve seen this year.

Tony Lockett would be lucky to get a kick in our forward line, so rather than clip the guy whose on the end of this rubbish perhaps look at how the ball gets to him.

Nah, it’s both. Two or three times tonight we had our numbers inside 50 and looked for sideways handballs, burning the options.

The handball first is coaching.

Maybe it’s a development thing they’ll refine at some point but it’s a direction and it’s killing our forwards.
So Butler burning king twice

Wood ****ing up the kick to Hill in the 4th.

Higgins butchering as we were out late in the 4th

None of that is coaching. It’s all execution

Can someone explain the King pile on?

For a start he is almost 24 and has played 81 games. He is no longer a baby and he needs to be accountable. He is undisciplined without the ball and often gives his opponent a free run when we inevitably lose it in our forwardline.

We have a forwardline built around him, he is our big hope - our highest draft pick in a strong draft and has been announced as our saviour from day one which he has lapped up.

He has been held back by injuries, but is yet to live up to expectations. For a forward whose job it is to kick goals, he misses a whole heap of gettable chances which frustrates when we have so few good opportunities.

I think if he flew and threw himself around like Hammer does he'd have a lot more respect but for someone with as much talent as he has - he just doesn't seem to work hard enough for it.

That's just the start of it, but he is a frustrating player for someone with more talent in his little finger than most in the AFL.

Oh Boo-Hoo people upset that we won, skills can be worked on but so happy the passion and the pressure was there. King competed but Mac Andrew is a star, Uwland and Collins played great games wasn't helped with Membrey doing nothing which hindered our f50 entries. Liked Caminiti effort, Wind has to play that role for the rest of his career and Owens more mid mins was great to see. Wouldn't mind Moyle left it all out there, people criticizing Higgins I just don't see it his effort was outstanding got some contested ball and his ground ball work was solid.
If this win changes the out come of the season and we end up with pick 5 instead of 4 I'm happy with that. On paper GC is a much better side then us and they have played some cracking games this year to tough this out and hold on for the win will created so many little positive that we can build on which is crucial for growth.
always-sunny.gif

Ross Lyon is a football terrorist and has no place in the sport that is Aussie Rules football in 2024.

We are the most unskilled, cowardly team that simply throws everyone behind the ball, tackle like headless chicken zombies and then try to frantically counter attack if/when we force a turn over.

We mess the counter attacking up all the time too because we are so poorly coached to actually execute skills.

St Kilda FC morphing into Ross Lyon FC is a disaster unfolding before our very eyes.

Keep playing like this and we will kill the club. No one will choose to watch this rubbish.

Tonight felt a lot like 2007. There's something there but it just isnt clicking...yet (hopefully)

We've got Sincs, Naz, Hill, Henry running off half back/half forward. They're all extremely talented players. Battle and Wilkie as tall support are both close to elite. Our mids are bog average but Hunter and Dow have made an impact.

Falling apart going forward though, there's 0 cohesion. Members looks at sea, King has the weight of the world on his shoulders and Higgo tries to do too much (awesome first quarter though).

Just gonna keep hoping it comes together at some point....aint got much else to do lol.

Just home from the game.

Some genuine nuffies on here saying Max King is “no good”, “a bust” etc.

Do you actually watch the game?

The reality is he had Andrew (who kept Charlie Curnow to 0 disposals in a half some weeks ago) beaten one on one many times only for us to kick it on his head or 15m infront of him. Our system and delivery inside 50 is the worst of any team I’ve seen this year.

Tony Lockett would be lucky to get a kick in our forward line, so rather than clip the guy whose on the end of this rubbish perhaps look at how the ball gets to him.
Correct.

He also had 10 pressure acts.

He contributed.

Issue is in the middle of the ground.

Forgot Sincs duffing the kick too but you can’t catch them all.

I’ll say it again for you.

It is both.

The skill execution stuff is also gameplan related cause they’re all absolutely ****ed from doing 150m suicides all night but you’ve absolutely lost the plot if you can’t see the players look sideways and not up the ground when we get past midfield. Again. It’s not exclusively Ross, I’m not just potting your daddy, it’s both.

Forgot Sincs duffing the kick too but you can’t catch them all.

I’ll say it again for you.

It is both.

The skill execution stuff is also gameplan related cause they’re all absolutely ****ed from doing 150m suicides all night but you’ve absolutely lost the plot if you can’t see the players look sideways and not up the ground when we get past midfield. Again. It’s not exclusively Ross, I’m not just potting your daddy, it’s both.
There was nothing in those examples and they were the ones I could recall there would be more, that was coaching.

We didn’t take a poor option in those plays. We poorly executed every single one when it mattered.

Fumbled. Poor kicks. You name it. We do it.

Maybe coach to the list, not what we don't have.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

After watching the game, I genuinely believe we are going backwards. The same problems under Ratten are still evident in Lyons coaching and playing style. When will the penny drop we have to score more than 60 points a game. Seriously, forward craft is non existent. There is no structure, no leading to the right positions. It appears players have zero self belief and trust in some of their team mates. Foot skills are appalling, along with decision making. I would hate to be a young player and trying to develop under Ross. Listening to his press conference he missed the elephant in the room. It doesn't matter how many 50 m entries you have if the delivery is poor and players not being in the right position. What is he doing about it other than quoting stats?
St kilda hasn't "been finishing their hardwork all year". What is he going to do about. It doesn't sound like he is bereft of ideas and measures to fixthe problems. No finals any time soon for the saints.

Correct.

He also had 10 pressure acts.

He contributed.

Issue is in the middle of the ground.
Look at Ben tonight. Had 7 touches, kicked 2 goals (same as Max) but was hardly sighted. No one will say a word about his performance - but saints fans crucify Max because we expect him to kick 6 a game in a shit team.

It just relies on composure. Not precision.
We don’t have it. Evident at VFL level too.

People are stupid. Ignore.

The ball movement is fine until we get within 60. Lack all composure and murder ourselves.

That’s not coaching. That’s execution from the individuals. Not tactics.
Bit of both I reckon . It’s not just the connection between mids and forwards but we don’t seem to have those running goals from our mids like other sides do . They’re probably the most enjoyable ones to watch as well once you get a run on of them . We’re missing that enjoyment as supporters and players.
A player that can kick a goal from 45-50 out wouldn’t go astray either.

There was nothing in those examples and they were the ones I could recall there would be more, that was coaching.

We didn’t take a poor option in those plays. We poorly executed every single one when it mattered.

Fumbled. Poor kicks. You name it. We do it.
So you really think that every player forward of the back line is just a shit kick and shit decision maker. 12 on the field at any given time, not one of them capable of hitting a target and that’s more likely than we direct to **** about with it.

Bold

Can someone explain the King pile on?
He's lazy, has no forward craft, am untrustworthy set shot, gives away dumb frees when he gets grumpy and goes missing when it gets too hard.

Granted he does get poor delivery, but that's the problem. He's only good with silver service.

Larkey gets terrible service, but makes up for it with effort and actual desire.

So you really think that every player forward of the back line is just a shit kick and shit decision maker. 12 on the field at any given time, not one of them capable of hitting a target and that’s more likely than we direct to **** about with it.

Bold
No as I said.

Get within 60 from goal, shit the bed. Sinclair was a culprit. Nas at times too.

There isn’t a huge issue in our game when ball is in hand anywhere from the fullback line to Half forward.

It’s mental. It’s execution.

Look at Ben tonight. Had 7 touches, kicked 2 goals (same as Max) but was hardly sighted. No one will say a word about his performance - but saints fans crucify Max because we expect him to kick 6 a game in a shit team.
True, but he is also averaging just under 3 goals a game this year, compared to Max who averaging less than 1.5.

Bit of both I reckon . It’s not just the connection between mids and forwards but we don’t seem to have those running goals from our mids like other sides do . They’re probably the most enjoyable ones to watch as well once you get a run on of them . We’re missing that enjoyment as supporters and players.
A player that can kick a goal from 45-50 out wouldn’t go astray either.
We have 2 players I reckon capable of breaking a line and kicking a long goal.

Hill and Henry from that midfield mix and I’m being generous including half forwards and wings.

We have none of those types in our onball mix.

It’s a huge need and that’s why we just need to finish low and draft them.

B. Wilkie
H.B. Nas Battle Sinclair
C. Wood Clark Hill
H.F. Butler Henry
F. Higgins King
Foll. Marshall Steele Dow
I/C. Owens, Wilson, Windhager
Emerg. Collard, Garcia, Hastie, Heath,, Hotton, Phillipou, Sharman, Schoenmaker, Van Es
This is what currently the near future decent squad looks like
Not looking that good unfortunately

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Round 13, 2024: St.Kilda v Gold Coast: #GrabGate2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back