Review Round 13 - St. Kilda @ Marvel Stadium - 8th June 2024 - 7:30pm AEST

Remove this Banner Ad

Ball movement looked alot better today, Saints dont bring much pressure, bit of the same as the bombers but worse.

Lets get an away win, looks doable since we just beat the bombers for the first time since 2016

Mally and Longy up front could be the most dangerous small forward combo we've ever fielded
Rankine was always going to be a superstar but was only building to it here
If we win against St Kilda (who knows?Which Suns which StKilda turns up???)and get through without injuries we then have the luxury of slotting Powelly in post bye

Mally and Longy up front could be the most dangerous small forward combo we've ever fielded
If we win against St Kilda (who knows?Which Suns which StKilda turns up???)and get through without injuries we then have the luxury of slotting Powelly in post bye
Rosas didn’t have a great game in the VFL. On that form, he wouldn’t get a call up, but on pre-injury form he definitely would.

Long and Rosas sounds good though. Drop Holman or Berry and make it happen. Long has been in some hot form.

As for Powell, probably for Fiorini (when that happens).

This is our best chance at an away game. Absolutely need to win this, and there in lies the danger…

Rosas didn’t have a great game in the VFL. On that form, he wouldn’t get a call up, but on pre-injury form he definitely would.

Long and Rosas sounds good though. Drop Holman or Berry and make it happen. Long has been in some hot form.

As for Powell, probably for Fiorini (when that happens).

This is our best chance at an away game. Absolutely need to win this, and there in lies the danger…
All Rosas had to do was prove he could stretch his hammy in a decent contest

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Does anyone else think Ballard will struggle to hold his spot when Powell comes back.

On SM-A546E using BigFooty.com mobile app
It was a good win today Eppo so I'm going to take this as a comment made towards the bottom of Bodsy's single malt:p
Two completely different players.
Collo Chucky and Mac are the 3 Amigos
We know what is going to happen
Flanders will move to the wing
Fiorini will drop back to his true level as a VFL megastar
Powell will be the rebounding half back we've missed
With hopefully Weller to come back on the other side

Powell is 6'1"
Ballard is 6'5"

I sometimes think people see Chucky as a small defender.
Bizarre

Uhwland Collins Andrew
Weller Ballard Powell

Is our sweet spot

And weller possibly

In the past month of footy Ben Long is in All Australian form, up against his former side, just crushed it in his 100th game, in his prime, he has to be feeling good going into this one

It was a good win today Eppo so I'm going to take this as a comment made towards the bottom of Bodsy's single malt:p
Two completely different players.
Collo Chucky and Mac are the 3 Amigos
We know what is going to happen
Flanders will move to the wing
Fiorini will drop back to his true level as a VFL megastar
Powell will be the rebounding half back we've missed
With hopefully Weller to come back on the other side

Powell is 6'1"
Ballard is 6'5"

I sometimes think people see Chucky as a small defender.
Bizarre

Uhwland Collins Andrew
Weller Ballard Powell

Is our sweet spot
Agree with that. I just think Powell plays a lot taller than his height and is a very good intercepter. Ballard looks really lost to me with the emergence of Andrew.

Agree with that. I just think Powell plays a lot taller than his height and is a very good intercepter. Ballard looks really lost to me with the emergence of Andrew.

Got to persist, imo.
His intercepting has dropped with Mac in the team, work through it, sort out roles a bit.
Collo out of form last year, this year been very good.
Ballard has been good before, should be good again.
He has dropped a few marks he normally takes. He clunks those and it looks better.

I think that's true
But in a good way
I always felt Chucky and Collo were like one armed wallpaper hangers down back
Madly trying to cover for the likes of Crab and play 2 up on 3 or 4 forward opposition gorillas
Now with Mac they can actually play their roles
Ballard had to do everything and now Mac does so much more
That's a nightmare for opposing coaches and a dream for Dimmer

Who comes out for Rosas? Swallow, Fiorini, Holman, Berry, Graham, someone else? Do we try 2 rucks against Marshall?
Fiorini
Who wasn't awful
But that's the joy Mr Rigby has brought to our injury list:hearteyecat:
True competition for spots
It's an unusual place for us to be in the short history of our Club
It's a lot easier to carry a little niggle if you think you might lose your spot in a decent team in the 8 than if your putting your hand up to be whacked by 100 points next game on the bottom of the ladder
All those midseason moon boots will be gathering dust this year I reckon
I think the Holman Swallow rotation is kind of working
I'd rest Witter again
Give him next week and the bye
I always felt he'd be a guy who's time might end quickly
So we have to play Ned and get him up to speed

Only change for me would be Rosas in for Fiorini and then you can move Ainsworth up to the wing.
Ainsworth is a great choice for wing
If nothing else he has a super sized tank and doesn't shirk repeat efforts
Will Secco be the unlucky guy on the other side of the bye when Powell returns?
I've loved his work this year but I'd rather develop Jeffrey

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Round 13 - St. Kilda @ Marvel Stadium - 8th June 2024 - 7:30pm AEST

Remove this Banner Ad

Back