Trades Round 14 trades

Remove this Banner Ad

thank fk saints had the foresight to claim Japan as our Academy zone

Smart Genius GIF by YoungerTV

If you optimise your team. Can you reset it to the way it was the following week?

Optimising this weekend is doing some freaky stuff to my team but gets me an extra player on field to avoid the 8 forwards situation.

Cheers

If you optimise your team. Can you reset it to the way it was the following week?

Optimising this weekend is doing some freaky stuff to my team but gets me an extra player on field to avoid the 8 forwards situation.

Cheers
Unsure. Surely there is a way to get it back the way it was though?

What I do is trade out to the right DPPs. Swap it all around and then change it back to who I first traded out.

Unsure. Surely there is a way to get it back the way it was though?

What I do is trade out to the right DPPs. Swap it all around and then change it back to who I first traded out.
Cheers, I’d love to say I’m understanding what you’re saying but I’d be lying 😂

This first time optimiser is a little wet behind the ears.

Cheers, I’d love to say I’m understanding what you’re saying but I’d be lying 😂

This first time optimiser is a little wet behind the ears.
He's explaining in a funny way how to do the DPP swap thing without using any trades.

I have never really used the optimiser. Tried it once, like with the suggested trades, a stupid feature.

Haha fair.

I have never used optimiser, but basically I wouldn't worry about getting the team back to where it was. If you can't do it, then I'm sure people on here could help you

Yeah I’m flicking the team around to get it back close to how I want it but it’s can’t be done completely as players get stuck.

For example it has put my 3 mid/def all in backline.

It has moved SMitch from backline to forward line and I don’t even have another def/fwd 😂

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Screen Shot 2023-06-13 at 10.09.09 pm.png

This is the position coming into the round. Sicily getting suspended is brutal, but I am hoping that by having 12 trades left, I can ride it out better than most players. I've also decided that the best way to close the gap between me and first is by having better cover for one week trades etc.

My trade plans are set out in the plan below.
Screen Shot 2023-06-13 at 10.08.39 pm.png
After making the last two trades coming out of the byes, it would leave me with 5 trades and a full 22 premium team (with Sheezel and Himmelberg as the worst two premiums). However, I can then pull the trigger on a premium defender as my 23rd premium and move to loop Sheezel/Himmelberg for the rest of the season with only 3 trades left. This would leave me with:

DEF: Stewart, Daicos, Dawson, Sinclair, Final Upgrade Defender (best available), Sheezel/Himmelberg
MID: Oliver, Bont, Petracca, Laird, Merrett, Serong, Neale, Brayshaw
RUC: English, Marshall
FWD: Dunkley, Taranto, Butters, Rozee, Gulden, Darcy Cameron

While the goal was to have Sicily in and have no weak premiums, think this is the best I can do in the circumstances.

This also gives me perfect cover if I get a DEF/FWD Rookie as I can use DPP to move a player to whatever line is needed to cover shorter injuries. It is also effective cover for an extra long term injury if I do get four long term injuries, as the 23rd would just become the 22nd in that instance. Due to the Sicily injury, and the byes, I think most people will be down to very low trades at the top. So praying this will be fine.

The other benefit is this gives me 20 playing this week (with 16 premiums), which should give me a nice boost over the field. Then in R12, I am left with 14 premiums, Seamus Mitchell, Wilmot, Humphrey and rookie downgrade (probably Maric). Also have Sharp/Sturt/Constable if they somehow pull off a game. If desperate, can go early on Angwin with a boost to any other rookie playing to get the 19th.

If anyone has any other options you'd consider, I'm all ears.

Held Oliver for the same amount that Sicily will miss.

With MP options on offer for squad depth, I think I might hold.

Overall ranking really takes a hit for only 2 weeks, and holding him helps winning SC leagues.

Difference is the 4 weeks for Oliver included the 2 easy byes + his own.

Sicily is the 2 worst byes plus another 2 weeks

Oh well...Mullin out and Sicily now out for 3 (with bye). Changes trades...probably only one now. Just hoping for any decent playing rookies...(Maric may be needed next week, or even Mullin if he comes back).

With 15 trades, will dump Sicily for Stewart (expect to get him back in 3 weeks). Already holding Oliver (looked good until blistergate).

NOTE: playing for leagues...3 rookies left on field, but will have Fyfe to float. Should win this weeks match, but next week is looking bad...15 players so far.

Difference is the 4 weeks for Oliver included the 2 easy byes + his own.

Sicily is the 2 worst byes plus another 2 weeks
This is true. Still in the overall perspective of a SC season, trading out the best player in the comp (arguably scoring wise at the moment), over 3 weeks out, seems a little bit too overreactive in my opinion.

I'm all for a trade. But there is no way, like Oliver, I would be able to get them back into my team.

I just cant accept the fact Sicily will be making a return to footy before we know it, and people will still be trying to complete their teams, or out of trades by that stage.

He will be a massive inclusion for any team from R16 onwards. Consider holding Sicily an investment into your SC future, like bringing in Briggs @ R3 (which I wish I did).

With Wardlaw and Johnson looking the goods, there is enough bench coverage to make it work.

First year ever playing SuperCoach and I’m quite enjoying it, loving the restricted trades as I’ve always only played AFL Fantasy. This is definitely my favourite format now. Trades this week are Weddle, McVee and Sharp to Stewart, Fahey and Maric leaving me with 6 trades remaining and the following side…

DEF: Daicos, Stewart, Dawson, Sinclair, Ryan, Day (Chesser, Fahey)

MID: Oliver, Petracca, Bont, Laird, Brayshaw, Cripps, Humphries, TT (Wardlaw, Johnson, Drury)

RUCK: English, Marshall (Heath)

FWD: Dunkley, Taranto, Gulden, Sheezel, Cameron, Ward (Ford, Maric)

Only 2k in the bank and 6 trades feels light on though, the bench feels like it is strong enough to hold up now though except maybe the backline. Will try to get Ford or even Humphrey/Ward to Himmelberg if his role still looks good after his bye.

Remove this Banner Ad

Trades Round 14 trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Back