Review Round 15, 2024 - Port Adelaide vs. Brisbane Lions

Who were your five best players against Port?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

So satisfying to destroy Port like that, along with the Pies my 2 most disliked sides, could have easily been and felt like a 100+ point win, who would of thought an away game against a top 8 side would end up a percentage booster. :D

Fab5- Eric Hipwood, Joe Daniher, Oscar McInerney, Jarrod Berry, Lachie Neale.... plenty of others in the conversation.

He’s an interesting case. He just smashes the non-elite rucks with size and strength, but gets completely found out against Gawn. Not a great footballer but a great competitor. He has made less howler this year than previous years IMO.
gawn did say oscar is who he considers the hardest matchup in the competition last year.

i do think oscar is generally good to at least prevent opposition rucks getting clean taps to their midfield. when gawns towelled him up its generally been through just marking everything around the ground

He’s an interesting case. He just smashes the non-elite rucks with size and strength, but gets completely found out against Gawn. Not a great footballer but a great competitor. He has made less howler this year than previous years IMO.
Players can match up differently, so their strengths & weaknesses are exposed against particular opponents.
Oscar is in form, Gawn is a bit down. Next week will be an interesting duel.

The Port board will be interesting reading tonight.
image.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So satisfying to destroy Port like that, along with the Pies my 2 most disliked sides, could have easily been and felt like a 100+ point win, who would of thought an away game against a top 8 side would end up a percentage booster. :D
If North had held on last week (and umpires had actually umpired the last 2 minutes), we’d be 2 points below both of them, and in better form.

Percentage could be a factor in round 24 if Essendon continue to win!

Anyone else notice a lot of our guys slipping over today? Seemingly unaccountably?
Josh Dunkley a couple of times, it will give him PTSD, he mentioned in his Podcast that he kept running through his head and thinking what ifs re him slipping over in the centre square late in the Grand Final which led to the Jordan De Goey goal.

Lol at the look on Fages' face.

If you didn't watch thE game and know the result, you'd think we had lost by 20 goals

On SM-G973F using BigFooty.com mobile app
It's interesting to look at expected score

It indicates a closer game in general play. They also got a shot at goal from 60% of their inside 50 entries. This is concerningly high. Our 49% is still okay, slightly above average. But that 60% I think would be causing Fages a bit of worry, in terms of how that might look against a team with a better midfield performance against us.

It's interesting to look at expected score

It indicates a closer game in general play. They also got a shot at goal from 60% of their inside 50 entries. This is concerningly high. Our 49% is still okay, slightly above average. But that 60% I think would be causing Fages a bit of worry, in terms of how that might look against a team with a better midfield performance against us.

You realise you're not actually a coach?

Our biggest win at Adelaide Oval, beating the 52 we beat Adelaide by in 2021 and the 48 we beat Port by in 2019.

Also our biggest ever win in Adelaide, beating the 69 we beat Port by in 2006 at Moron Park.
Holy cr@p... This is our biggest away win since we beat Collingwood by 93 at the MCG in 2007 🤯

I couldn't find a vote for him this week. To be honest I don't think he regularly gets a look in in our best 5 but let's just remember Jaspa Fletcher is only a second year player and the lad can do whatever he is being asked to do.

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Round 15, 2024 - Port Adelaide vs. Brisbane Lions

Back