Preview Round 15: Essendon vs Melbourne, Melbourne Cricket Ground, Saturday 26/06/2021 @ 7:25 PM

Winner?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Their defence against our attack will be the most fascinating battle for the week. They're the best defensive side this year and it doesn't rely on turnovers up the field like so many other teams. They're the most efficient defensive side in the league and we're second in converting inside 50's into goals.

Their defence against our attack will be the most fascinating battle for the week. They're the best defensive side this year and it doesn't rely on turnovers up the field like so many other teams. They're the most efficient defensive side in the league and we're second in converting inside 50's into goals.
Hooker to engage May and keep him accountable. He's been a wall this year.
Lever has Jones, Wright & Stringer to contend with
It's the run they get that concerns me off HBF. We don't have the small fwd pressure that's undone them of late.

Cahill -> Snelling probably the only change i'd make.
Dev is on thin ice. For odd nice thing he does, he's becoming a liability with discipline. Part of me thinks bring Durham in for him.

The most intriguing thing for me will be the midfield battle imho.

Parish, Merret are arguably the best 1/2 punch in the AFL right now. Add Draper who will give 200% and we could go close to matching them imho.

The most intriguing thing for me will be the midfield battle imho.

Parish, Merret are arguably the best 1/2 punch in the AFL right now. Add Draper who will give 200% and we could go close to matching them imho.
Petracca and Oliver have been awesome all year.

I'm usually quietly confident in these sorts of games when we're expecred to get flogged. I tend to be more worried coming up against lower ranked sides to be honest.

Having said that, sadly we look as if we are tiring a tad. Lack of depth is showing.

Dees by 31. 😪

Yeah we won’t win if we don’t get a bounce-back from the likes of Cox and Perkins. Need all players having some kind of impact. Realistically we’re a 10%-15% chance at a guess but will be watching mostly just to see how our *systems and structures* hold up. I’ll be particularly interested in how we set up defensively in the middle, particularly as their mids work together to move the ball in from the wings to the centre passage. It’s their clearing handballs over the top and through traffic that’s most damaging.

In: Snelling, Francis, Cutler
Out: Cahill, Zerk-Thatcher

B Hind Stewart Laverde
HB Redman Francis Ridley
C Ham Parish Cutler
HF Stringer Jones Snelling
F Smith Hooker Tipungwutti
FOLL: Draper Langford Merrett
INTER: Heppell, Wright, Guelfi, Cox
Sub: Perkins

(Log in to remove this ad.)

OUT: Cahill, Ham
IN: Durham, Cutler

Team:

Ridley Zerk Laverde
Heppell Stewart Hind
Guelfi Langford Cox
Perkins Jones Smith
Stringer Hooker Tippa

Draper Parish Merrett

Redman Durham Cutler 2MP
SUB: Zakka

Hopefully Snelling, Shiel and Francis back soon….

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Last edited:
Genuinely think we're a sneaky chance here. Just have to hope that the Demons are rusty coming off the bye and we can get the jump on them.

Going to be a ripper of a game regardless

Had a good feeling heading into the games against the Eagles and Richmond, but not feeling the same about this one. Melbourne have been a class above this season (except for the pies game where they did not really turn up) and have a strong line up in every line on the ground. I'm just hoping we are allowed to attend this one!

Genuinely think we're a sneaky chance here. Just have to hope that the Demons are rusty coming off the bye and we can get the jump on them.

Going to be a ripper of a game regardless

They have started slowly lately, if we can jump them it could give us the energy we feed off.

These games vs Melbourne feel like they don't always go to script so could be a fun game.
This will hopefully be a good watch, I like watching Melbourne play so if we are competitive looking forward to it.

He’s been listed as TBC the whole time he’s been out, I’d say he’s a while off.

Thats the AFL website. The Essendon website is different. He’s listed as short term as are Zaka and Shiel. Zaka is expected to be available this week and Shiel 1-2 weeks. You’d assume Snelling is a similar time frame

12C26FC3-C1A3-425E-8000-8C055C7A9B7E.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back