Preview Round 15: Richmond vs Carlton @ MCG - Friday 7:50pm, 10/07/2015

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've avoided these threads lately and now I know why. In the past this would be a danger game but I reckon we have matured a lot in our last 6-7 games and predict a big win. I'm sure some on here love the sound of their keyboard tapping. Mcdonough,Lennon or Mc Bean should be in, wah wah wah, Morris and Hampson WTF wah wah wah. Let the selection comittee do what they do. I'm more than confident against the blues this time due to our growing maturity and confidence. Mc Donough, Lennon and the bean are not quite there yet and need more time, They are obviously not doing the "team thing" and eventually will get their chance. ie McIntosh. Dimma knows whats what and Morris is the perfect fit to combat Yarran or Touhy and Hammer is the only replacement for Maric and Griffiths. Not sure why all the whinging about the team. Looks right to me. We are the Richmond of mid 2015, confident, skilled, quick and tough, not the old team that would normally lose this one.

I don't know how we won eight games without donuts, given his missing this game is gunna apparently guarantee defeat

Were a very good chance to lose tomorrow but has nothing to do with mcdonuts. Its that we replaced two decent players with spuds. Everyone should be able to except that Hampson was a requirement. By bringing in morris, we have ruined our three tall structure. The one thing that has been working well. When were coming in against a small defense that we could stretch and expose with three tall forwards. Which could only be justified, if it rains. Which by current weather reports, it won't at night. This problem is just made worse by them adding to list of players that need to be carried by our top end. If our top end players have an average game or a bottom end player doesn't have a blinder, we lose. Mcdonuts should have only come in, if we had made a third change for one of those players that need to be carried instead of adding to them.

Not against the inclusion of Morris as we have looked slow in our fwd50. The sneaky promotion of Thomas does have me worried. His slowness on the spread cost us dearly last year devensively.

Were a very good chance to lose tomorrow but has nothing to do with mcdonuts. Its that we replaced two decent players with spuds. Everyone should be able to except that Hampson was a requirement. By bringing in morris, we have ruined our three tall structure. The one thing that has been working well. When were coming in against a small defense that we could stretch and expose with three tall forwards. Which could only be justified, if it rains. Which by current weather reports, it won't at night. This problem is just made worse by them adding to list of players that need to be carried by our top end. If our top end players have an average game or a bottom end player doesn't have a blinder, we lose. Mcdonuts should have only come in, if we had made a third change for one of those players that need to be carried instead of adding to them.

Read this thread, people have outright been saying him not being in the side will cost us the game

It's all hyperbole of course, and posters reporting to drama to make to to make their case over facts

Read this thread, people have outright been saying him not being in the side will cost us the game

It's all hyperbole of course, and posters reporting to drama to make to to make their case over facts

Haha my post had nothing do with all that, just letting out my frustration. Probably didn't need to quote u though. I think I did that cause I was probably first one to call that we probably would lose after team selection. ;)

He didn't come on at half time. He came on in the early stages of the second quarter. As for the statement that Lamberts form warranted selection, if 3/4 of a game with 28 disposals warrants selection then surely half a game with 18 disposals & 7 tackles warrants selection as well.
I never said he came on at half time. Are you drunk? If he came on during the second quarter, he didnt play 3 quarters then did he?
28 in 2 and a half beats 18 in a half. And once again (seriously are you drunk) im not arguing McDonough should've or shouldn't have been picked. So why do you keep going on about it.

It does seem odd that Mcdonuts isn't getting a game when his form in the 2s seems quite solid. But surely every1 can see this weeks changes were tactical.
The old saying "you don't change a winning lineup" unfortunately some boys will have to wait and keep working at vfl level, I would have thought this was a good thing.
Here's a question, would you still be happy if donuts, Lennon and bean were getting a run but we lost?
Or having a few spuds in the team but still winning?
Tigs by 42 :)

Wow, I didn't believe it till visiting their thread again, regrettably, but some of them actually think Cripps is a better footballer than Cotchin. Amazing. Let's see Cripps produce a year anywhere close to Cotch's 2012 before even discussing it, ey?

They've got to pin their hopes on something...However delusional.

Wow, I didn't believe it till visiting their thread again, regrettably, but some of them actually think Cripps is a better footballer than Cotchin. Amazing. Let's see Cripps produce a year anywhere close to Cotch's 2012 before even discussing it, ey?
The flog posted on this thread Stylo. See my reply above.

You still reward young player when they have performed consistently at VFL level instead of bringing back players who aren't/haven't performed that well. As for not having a go until after it doesn't work, do that and I'll get accused of being reactionary. At least by voicing my concerns about selection before the game I can't be accused of waiting for a poor performance to sink the boot in.
I don't know , but what I do know is there must be a reason to bring back Morris . Footy is all about roles now , he must have an attribute for a role that mcdonna or Lennon doesn't have . I reckon just trust em for now . Its not like dimma is against kids , he's debut mcintosh , menadue and Ellis .

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Morris has proven to be average as a defensive forward. Doesn't get enough of the ball, bad decision making, not enough tackles and doesn't put any scoreboard pressure on the opposition.

Why not give McDonough (HE WAS DRAFTED AS A SMALL FORWARD) a shot there ... Tell him he has a 3 week period to really have a influence. If it works, beautiful. If it doesn't work it honestly can't be much worse than what Morris has offered.

I rate Hardwick but one thing he doesn't have is flair, he is old fashioned. Take some risks with the line ups.
How is going to 3 talls and debuting 4 kids this season not taking a risk ?? As well as adjusting the game plan . I seriously smh sometimes .

Tiger's i feel will blow them apart this time around as we are due for a big win. I'll have all the money i have left to put on them tonight by over 40 points.
2560px-100GreekdrachmaNote01.jpg

Has someone told Dimma the guys on big footy know more than the other coaches and guys in match committee? I can't understand why he listens to them! What would they even know??

:rolleyes:
Well that's it DrMike Equus Morro Heisenberg_ no more preview threads, we're not allowed to discuss selection any more.

I never said he came on at half time. Are you drunk? If he came on during the second quarter, he didnt play 3 quarters then did he?
28 in 2 and a half beats 18 in a half. And once again (seriously are you drunk) im not arguing McDonough should've or shouldn't have been picked. So why do you keep going on about it.
You said he came on near the end of the second quarter, which would suggest closer to half a game than the 3/4 of a game it was reported that he played. As for McDonough as I've stated, I'm questioning why the selection criteria seems to be different for him compared to others.

Tiger's i feel will blow them apart this time around as we are due for a big win. I'll have all the money i have left to put on them tonight by over 40 points.
2560px-100GreekdrachmaNote01.jpg

Id be careful they have some good ins for them and we have 2 outs with poorer players coming in..

Will be cold, wet and hard at it footy.. Scum always get up for our games..

Tigers by 15

FFS when will people realize selection is about balance & structures etc

Its not player vs player or like for like on every occasion... I guess thats why Dimma and co are employed by and AFL club and gooses are posting vitriol

Be happy were winning and enjoy the ride

I don't know , but what I do know is there must be a reason to bring back Morris . Footy is all about roles now , he must have an attribute for a role that mcdonna or Lennon doesn't have . I reckon just trust em for now . Its not like dimma is against kids , he's debut mcintosh , menadue and Ellis .
I get that Morris has been brought in to play a role, that's fine. My frustration is with the double standards that seem to be in play when it comes to the kids being picked. Menadue, who I really rate, was picked when his form wasn't as good as what McDonough & Lennon have produced. Same with Lambert, played 3 quarters of a VFL game and gets recalled that sort of treatment is reserved for stars coming back from a long layoff, not elevated rookies.

We all know Richmond very well and know that it is likely we will go 1-1 against Carlton and St Kilda. As much as I'd like to believe they have changed, I can't because of the lack of evidence

I have a feeling that the players will not come out switched on today, or will switch off near the end, so Carlton by 24 points I'd say. It is just so typical for Richmond to drop this game. Especially since they are commemorating the homecoming of all our homecomings this round

Last edited:
IMO Mcdoungh and Lennon have been told that they have weaknesses in their game and they are to stay in the 2s until they can fix those things.
They are both young and still have long careers ahead of them.
Morris has been brought in to do a role on something i would have thought. He better not play foward...
Hampson will be interesting.

We all know Richmond very well and know that it is likely we will go 1-1 against Carlton and St Kilda. As much as I'd like to believe they have changed, I can't because of the lack of evidence

I have a feeling that the players will not come out switched on today, or will switch off near the end, so Carlton by 24 points I'd say. It is just so typical for Richmond to drop this game. Especially since they are commemorating the homecoming of all our homecomings this round

Wow your a positive sod aren't you.

OMG, negative much FMD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back