Round 15 Trades (TheBeardAmigos Edition)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ahhh. Old news, someone posted in another thread. Will miss this week but should be back next week.

ST KILDA will be without star defender Jimmy Webster for Sunday afternoon's clash with Melbourne but captain Jarryn Geary looks set to return.

Fellow backman Bailey Rice is also likely to face the Demons at the MCG after being concussed in the win over Gold Coast before the Saints' bye.

Webster, who turned 25 on Thursday, is out with a groin injury while Geary had been dealing with a left calf strain.

“Jimmy won't play, which is disappointing. He's probably been our best player, or arguably our best player, for the year, so that’s disappointing," coach Alan Richardson said.

Looking for input - 7 trades left and just interested in cashy wins.

I've come up with two options so far:
Option 1: Original trade ($4,500 left)
- Richards -> Hurley
- Martin -> Grundy

Pros: Get Grundy now
Cons: D6 is Austin for this week

Would need to establish a floating DEF/FWD donut still.

Option 2: Post Webster news ($266,600 left)
- Richards -> Hurley
- Austin -> Dawns through Sicily DPP

Pros: Full premo field
Cons: Austin chopped early, still require trades to establish Grundy in side

Next weeks trade would be Martin -> Grundy, also need to establish a floating DEF/FWD donut still.

Do you see something better?

Current:
View attachment 518814

Option 1:
View attachment 518813

Option 2:
View attachment 518821
Hold. HOLD. HOOOOOOOOOOLD.

Cashie’s are all about having trades at the pointy end. Richards to Webster in three weeks, Stef to Grundy when he drops (BE 161). You’ll be able to do those two trades and still have 50k and 5 trades left. Perfect in my book.

That’s why I didn’t start either. After Beams flaked in the first two rounds had to move him to either Dusty or Titch. Have never liked Dusty and always enjoyed not having him. Got sucked in didn’t I. He’s done nothing since while Titch laughs at me every week.
SC truely is the most campaignererest of games

Savage is the quiet campaigner in everyone's team. Yet at the pointy end of the season now, i can't really justify trading him out.

4 tons from 13 games. 1 ton in the past 7 games and it was a measly 104.

I would love to piss off Savage for Lloyd but will only have 3 trades left next week after going Holman > Neale.

Might have to wait til finals and hope I still have my 3 trades left by then. LOL! :$:thumbsu:

Ok everyone.
What's the deal with Dusty?

Cheap as chips. But been proper shit. Looking at his scoring history, I'm starting to think last year was a one off (SC wise).

I need to trade Treloar. He intrigues me.
Trotting along in 2nd gear atm IMO. Fully expect him to explode towards back end of the year. Will it begin tonight? Unsure, but I’m fully expecting him to be one of the highest scorers come SC finals

If you have a completed/fully upgraded team - how many trades as a rule do you think we should save for injuries??

For example, I was 'complete' last week but have had to trade Treloar this week, leaving me with 6 left. Do I use another to make a trade like S.Martin to Grundy or upgrading on my lesser "premiums" (e.g. Savage) or hold with 6 (and watch others struggle with future carnage and no trades)? My goal is overall.

One injury trade for every 2 weeks remaining?

If you have a completed/fully upgraded team - how many trades as a rule do you think we should save for injuries??

For example, I was 'complete' last week but have had to trade Treloar this week, leaving me with 6 left. Do I use another to make a trade like S.Martin to Grundy or upgrading on my lesser "premiums" (e.g. Savage) or hold with 6 (and watch others struggle with future carnage and no trades)? My goal is overall.

One injury trade for every 2 weeks remaining?
IMO it depends on your depth of benchcover & # DPP Loops .........also depends on the resilience of your team & how many risks you've taken with players having a history of injuries

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Worth getting Jake Brown as a non-playing rook at the lowest possible cost, or better off getting from a team with most Sundays? Actually thinking of grabbing him now to complete a few trade plans in future..

Was thinking the same for the M/F loop, or should I go Josh Battle who should play the rest of the year anyway??

2 Trades this week..

Holman > JPK
ZGL > J.Smith (via McLean)

Could have brought in anyone really for my last mid spot, but JPK is PODish, in good form, and always usually finishes off the year strong.
Was also strongly considering Jelly (as well as Higgins and Sidey)
But given his 2 big scores have come against poor opposition, and given where GWS are at, I think there is a possibility he could rested at some point.
I may upgrade Cogs to him or Macrae (when he's back) if he's still looking the goods.

Traded ZGL (perhaps a little early) over Fritsch, purely as Fritsch should score better this week.

Leaves me with 7 trades, $150.6k in the bank and just one spot in the FWD to upgrade.

In the next few weeks, ill look at upgrading NN > Grundy, Savage > Someone better? and possibly upgrade Cogs or bring in a good M9 or F6
Leaving me with a couple of trades for injuries.

Happy to hear any thoughts on perhaps an alternative final mid upgrade option? or a better rookie? (went J.Smith to get McLean back fwd mainly)

Cheers! :)

Axly%20Team_zps96qhqirm.png

Last edited:
Hold. HOLD. HOOOOOOOOOOLD.

Cashie’s are all about having trades at the pointy end. Richards to Webster in three weeks, Stef to Grundy when he drops (BE 161). You’ll be able to do those two trades and still have 50k and 5 trades left. Perfect in my book.

Thanks for the reply! Martin's BE isn't much better after a 60 last week and I already have Webster. Does that change your answer at all?

2 Trades this week..

Holman > JPK
ZGL > J.Smith (via McLean)

Could have brought in anyone really for my last mid spot, but JPK is PODish, in good form, and always usually finishes off the year strong.
Was also strongly considering Jelly (as well as Higgins and Sidey)
But given his 2 big scores have come against poor opposition, and given where GWS are at, I think there is a possibility he could rested at some point.
I may upgrade Cogs to him or Macrae (when he's back) if he's still looking the goods.

Traded ZGL (perhaps a little early) over Fritsch, purely as Fritsch should score better this week.

Leaves me with 7 trades, $150.6k in the bank and just one spot in the FWD to upgrade.

In the next few weeks, ill look at upgrading NN > Grundy, Savage > Someone better? and possibly upgrade Cogs or bring in a good M9 or F6
Leaving me with a couple of trades for injuries.

Happy to hear any thoughts on perhaps an alternative final mid upgrade option? or a better rookie? (went J.Smith to get McLean back fwd mainly)

Cheers! :)

Axly%20Team_zps96qhqirm.png

I'd personally go Jelly over JPK. Kids a gun regardless of opposition.

Got 50k to upgrade Doedee. Probably best to wait for Webster to drop I guess ...

Thanks for the reply! Martin's BE isn't much better after a 60 last week and I already have Webster. Does that change your answer at all?
Nope, not really. Still think you’re better holding for a few more weeks. If you use 2-3 trades now and then get a few injuries you’re screwed. Play it safe. There’s still 5 weeks of H&A before finals, 9 weeks of SC in total. With cashies, having trades come finals is critical.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back