Round 15 trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
You guys have depressed me .... always thought I was a chance at the $50k ...... but your all saying I shouldn't dream .... you've shattered my dreams, hopes and aspirations ... I'm a broken man :(

No, no. Stop thinking about it all upside down.

They're saying ... there's still a chance.

Anyone going early on Gawn? He's guaranteed to drop next week but at the same time there's a high chance the ruck I have (Witts) drops too, especially if Goldy has a good day. Not sure there's gonna be a great deal of difference in the final price I pay but I'd back Gawn to score more than any other ruck any day of the week.

Just before last week I was flying high - setting sail for the top 1000 ....

And now, just one week later, I have no **** idea.

Bold are what I think I will hold onto the end now.

Docherty, Roberton, Lloyd, Tuohy, Hibberd, Shaw [Stewart (inj), Scharenberg (ext bench)]
Dangerfield, Neale, Murphy, Kennedy, Adams, J Selwood (test), Treloar, Beams (inj) [Barrett, S Selwood (inj), Cousins (dropped)]
Witts, Ryder [Strandica]
Dahlhaus, Franklin, Greene, Heeney, Wallis, Steele (ext bench) [Greenwood, Parsons]

9 trades and nothing in the bank.

Stewart and Beams are the logical trades out this week (for who - god only knows)
2 of Shaw, Steele and S Selwood are on the edge.
Know that I'll get shafted by injuries this week again anyhow. Depressing.

upload_2017-6-29_18-47-36.png

Think I'm going to do 0 trades this week... am I being too conservative?

Trade out/upgrade Beams, Fyfe, Ryder, Nank, Steele etc? Might wait for Sunday teams...

View attachment 387038

Think I'm going to do 0 trades this week... am I being too conservative?

Trade out/upgrade Beams, Fyfe, Ryder, Nank, Steele etc? Might wait for Sunday teams...
A lot of trust in Greenwood and SPP .... Maybe upgrade Beams

Just before last week I was flying high - setting sail for the top 1000 ....

And now, just one week later, I have no **** idea.

Bold are what I think I will hold onto the end now.

Docherty, Roberton, Lloyd, Tuohy, Hibberd, Shaw [Stewart (inj), Scharenberg (ext bench)]
Dangerfield, Neale, Murphy, Kennedy, Adams, J Selwood (test), Treloar, Beams (inj) [Barrett, S Selwood (inj), Cousins (dropped)]
Witts, Ryder [Strandica]
Dahlhaus, Franklin, Greene, Heeney, Wallis, Steele (ext bench) [Greenwood, Parsons]

9 trades and nothing in the bank.

Stewart and Beams are the logical trades out this week (for who - god only knows)
2 of Shaw, Steele and S Selwood are on the edge.
Know that I'll get shafted by injuries this week again anyhow. Depressing.
Stewart-Witherdan
Beams-best available

Stewart-Witherdan
Beams-best available

Thanks - need to straighten my thoughts.

Stewart to Witherden provides the D/M link to move Adams/Lloyd. Tick.
Beams to .... I'm thinking
- maybe Bontempelli. Great price but thing is that 35% of SCers have him.
- maybe Z Merrett. Expensive but such a dreamy run home for the Dons [Bris(H)/Coll/StK/NM/WB/Carl/Adel(H)/GC/Fre(H)]
- maybe Mumford/Goldstein (by swinging Wallis into mids, Ryder into forwards) - added bonus of opening up Strandica R/F link with Ryder, opening up M/F link with Wallis

Probably Mumford.

Am I crazy for thinking of giving Shaw the arse, going with Newman as my D6 and then using the 300k (if I downgrade to Cox) to upgrade Parsons?
Not at all. All you are doing is swapping Shaw for an upgraded Parsons..... As long as you don't upgrade Parsons back to Shaw that is.

No, no. Stop thinking about it all upside down.

They're saying ... there's still a chance.
7427574b5762b00e6be194fce918d08c.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

After team selections I'm considering 3 options this week ...

Option 1: No trades.
Leaves me with a full 22 playing this week but that includes both TLynch(gc) and Hannan.
Only bench backup will be Scharenberg(back) and CBrown(fwd) IF they make the final teams.
Remaining 2 trades saved.

Option 2: TStewart>Witherden and Scooter>any midfielder except Dusty or Gibbs
Leaves me with a full 22 playing this week and can use Bolton to loophole Lynch and Hannan at F6
One additional ultra Prem mid
Bench backup will be Witherden(back), Brown(mid-if he plays), Nank covering rucks and the fwd line loophole.
Zero trades left!

Option 3: TStewart>Witherden and Hannan>TAdams
Leaves me with a full 22 playing this week including Lynch
Bench back up Witherden(back) and Brown (fwd-if he plays)
When Scooter and Beams return it frees up Scooter to either provide bench back up for the mids or to replace Adams if he's needed in the backline.
Zero trades left.

Option 1 retains trades so is safer
Option 2 maximises scoring this week and in the future but has limited backup for later injuries so is riskiest
Option 3 gives potentially lower scoring but provides the flexibility needed to cover injuries with no remaining trades

I'm not considering trading out Beams as with so few trades left I can't afford to sideways a high scoring premo. Also, I mention Lynch specifically being in the team in some options because he's playing like crap and I'd rather he was on the bench.

Any and all opinions are very welcome, although I suspect I know the answer :)

What's the deal with Fyfe?

If he doesn't play, I'm probably going to trade him out

Option 1
Fyfe to Neale
Newman to Lloyd

I want to do Fyfe -> Zerrett but I'm about $15k short, and $5k short for Tom Mitchell

Alternatively, I could do

Option 2
Fyfe to Zerrett
Scharenberg to Witherden

And I'll keep Newman for the season, trade in Lloyd if I have a trade to spare in a few weeks

But is going early on Witherden (and trading out Shaz w/ a BE of 4) so I can get Zerrett instead of Neale going to be worthwhile?

Otherwise, I'll just hold onto the crab Fyfe and trade to Jelwood in a few weeks

Thoughts?
I would hold Fyfe. Sandi back and a couple of weeks rest amd hopefully he can put up some decent numbers. If he doesnt then Jelwood is your backup.

I'm not considering trading out Beams as with so few trades left I can't afford to sideways a high scoring premo. Also, I mention Lynch specifically being in the team in some options because he's playing like crap and I'd rather he was on the bench.

Any and all opinions are very welcome, although I suspect I know the answer :)
Time to put Beams down ......he aint coming back, well not in his current carnate

752aabfeab575304747329e99e00d163.gif

Screenshot_2017-06-29-19-49-36_1.jpg
Scooter, Stewart and the kitty gives me about $755k to go shopping. Probs get Witherden a week early and I'm tempted by Neale, Pendles, Greene and Heeney. Keen to move Nank to the forward line next week and bring in Gawn. Thoughts appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back