Preview Round 16, 2021: Collingwood v St.Kilda - MCG, Sunday 4th July, 3:20PM AEST

Who Wins?

• Magpies

Votes: 9 18.0%
  • Saints

Votes: 41 82.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back at the MCG again for this one against Harves and the Pies.

We play the 'G pretty well actually, our record over the last two years there isn't too bad at all.

Win here and we go suprisingly 7-8, admittedly with a tough fixture ahead but we continue to close the gap between us and the teams in the bottom half of the eight. If we continue to put in performances like Friday night anything is possible. Our biggest test is to keep that consistency now.

We should win this game, our defence kept Richmond's forwards to 2 goals so we shouldn't have too many problems with Collingwood's forwards.

With Paddy and Roma we should win the ruck, even against Grundy, to give our mids first service and then we just need our forwards to kick straight.

Piece of piss.

Coff out bytel to medical sub. No other change unless billings is fit and Connelly stays as medical sub. Pies are very competitive. Will be a tough game.
Would love Connolly to get a full run but cant see how it works if Billings is back so probably stays as sub.
If Billings doesnt get up, guessing Lonie will end up sub

Really important game to show how much substance the much published discussions over the bye actually had. Anything less than another 4 quarters of full effort will be a major disappointment. A match up we should win on paper but as we've seen recently, that means nothing.

Out - Coff.
In - Billings.

And let Leo get a proper debut with his jumper presentation - not just a last minute “you’re in, son” … 🤣

Who would you remove from the starting 22 for him if Billings is fit?

It's a tough one since the players on the edge of selection all played pretty well.

Yes, wasn’t clear but I meant it Billings doesn’t come in.
Otherwise straight swap Billings/Coff.
Leo, sub.

Have a feeling Bytel will still be out due to 12 day concussion protocol.

He was concussed Monday. So can play on Saturday, as long as he passes the tests.

Our game is Sunday.

In following these guidelines, the minimum timeframe in which a player can return to play in community football is on the 12th day after the day on which the concussion was suffered, based on successfully completing the phases to return to play following a concussion and receiving a medical clearance as outlined in the guidelines.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Will be quite interesting to see teams this week (moreso than usual) and the lead in this week. They could go tall and really stretch our undersized defence (and we might not name Frawley); however I thought the same thing for Richmond last week and it didn't work out too well for them.

Chance to string a couple of wins together and if the AFL goes super controversial and hubs the whole AFL in VIC we could end up play WC, Lions and Port all at Marvel! The finals ship has sailed unfortunately but we could salvage something out of the season.

Hoping Long stays in the forward line. Bit of mongrel, can take hangers and has everything to prove. As someone else pointed out he also can’t give away costly free’s comparative to if he was in our defence. As the club posted, he had 5 score involvements from 9 disposals on the weekend.

We could use a bit of X factor, which has been a LONG time coming.

Is there some news I'm not aware of this week?? Saints $2.10 seems ridiculous. I would have had us around $1.70. Madness.

Betting is determined on how many people bet and on which side.

Delusional pies supporters are setting the odds.

Betting is determined on how many people bet and on which side.

Delusional pies supporters are setting the odds.
To a degree this is true. But this was based off opening prices, which are set by the traders at corporate books. How they have come up with pies faves is a bit staggering. Could be sucking some of the dumb pies nuffy money in, but I would still expect these odds to flip by game time

Hoping Long stays in the forward line. Bit of mongrel, can take hangers and has everything to prove. As someone else pointed out he also can’t give away costly free’s comparative to if he was in our defence. As the club posted, he had 5 score involvements from 9 disposals on the weekend.

We could use a bit of X factor, which has been a LONG time coming.

Yeah I'm on board with this. When he started his career up forward he couldn't seem to find the ball but the time down back gave him time with the pill in hand.

I really don't mind the idea of him giving away the odd free inside f50 - as you and others have said, it's less damaging than our 50 plus if it means the opposition start hearing footsteps and rushing their disposal a bit it could be a net positive. My view is the guy can definitely football, he just needs a position that suits him.

8qzBJ53.gif

Bloody Nora, maybe I should read all the other posts before posting my own. Beaten by 28, hope thats not what happens against the pies.

**footnote** any closer and it would have hit me in the face.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back