Preview Round 16, 2021: Collingwood v St.Kilda - MCG, Sunday 4th July, 3:20PM AEST

Who Wins?

• Magpies

Votes: 9 18.0%
  • Saints

Votes: 41 82.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I expected us to be favourites. We are above them on the ladder, just beat Richmond and they lost to Freo. Reckon that market will change a bit.
Have not checked stats but from memory we have not had any regular success against the Pies. They can get up to win when least expected. A golden opportunity though. Money should be about even. We may go in with an unchanged line-up.

Have not checked stats but from memory we have not had any regular success against the Pies. They can get up to win when least expected. A golden opportunity though. Money should be about even. We may go in with an unchanged line-up.
Coffields Hamstring would need to be dissected after his death if he can get up for this game. Should be just Billings for Coffield though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What am I missing here, why are they favourites?

View attachment 1167334

Because we are bi-polar and they have a massive following! The skunks are often under the odds they should be because their mass of intellectually deficient followers are happy to part with their hard-earned (or stolen) cash backing their inept team blindly......

Billings.

Agreed
If its plantar fasciitis give him another one off

We should really be able to knock the pies off
Stop GoGo from kicking a bag and watch Elliott
But, ya know...saints might saint it up and fart in the bath

Saints by 35 ( yup, thats right...sorry harves)

Agreed
If its plantar fasciitis give him another one off

We should really be able to knock the pies off
Stop GoGo from kicking a bag and watch Elliott
But, ya know...saints might saint it up and fart in the bath

Saints by 35 ( yup, thats right...sorry harves)

Interesting in the article on saints website that Connolly was told by ratts that he was 50/50 morning of, then billings went out with a knee "minutes" before the game. Sounds to me that it may have been a bigger issue

Everyone's been talking about plantar fasciitis, so now it is a knee!!!

Yeah, from the article by Chris Nice

"Earlier that morning, the young Saint from Gippsland received a phone call from Brett Ratten telling him he’d be a “50-50” chance to make his AFL debut as the medical sub.

Fifteen or so minutes out from the opening bounce, it appears that he won’t. A slight twist in Jack Billings’ already uncertain knee during the warm-up soon changes that."

I for one had no idea about said knee, so there you go 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️

Interesting in the article on saints website that Connolly was told by ratts that he was 50/50 morning of, then billings went out with a knee "minutes" before the game. Sounds to me that it may have been a bigger issue

Ratts said that Billings had felt the knee at training on Wednesday. Probably why Leo was 50/50.
And when it wasn’t right pre-game he came in ( as sub anyway)

Everyone's been talking about plantar fasciitis, so now it is a knee!!!
No, at the game when he withdrew I heard something about a knee.
Was the commentators just surmising about the pf because that’s what he had before. I’m sure I heard Ratts say that’s absolutely fine.

It's now obvious that the clearance stat is the most important thing in us winning games of footy. Only have lost once this year when losing it (v Cats, and then we probably should have won that game anyway) and in our wins it's clearly been our way, often big (+19 v Tiges, +16 v Eagles, +10 v Suns and Hawks, +9 v GWS). Needless to say that in the games we've been smashed, we've also been smashed at clearance.

Going forward, this is the way we will best beat teams imo. The biggest thing for us is winning the territory battle (like Brisbane focus on doing) which allows our defence to set up better and brings our pressure forwards into the game. This is probably why Marshall and Ryder have such a positive effect on our W/L ratio. It also echoes recent Leppitsch comments about the 'blue collar' DNA of the team. It's always started in the middle for us this year, maybe moreso than most other teams.

I'd be pretty confident that we can beat Collingwood around stoppages, although with Grundy tapping to De Goey and Adams in there it's certainly not an easy job for our boys. Hopefully Dunstan has another 11 and Marshall/Ryder have a few of their own

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back