Preview Round 16, 2022: Giants v Hawks, 3:20pm 3rd July Giants stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry Roddy, have to disagree
Just don’t see it. I would trade him & see what we can get.
In my opinion he lacks game awareness.
Is he a forward/ruckman/defender ?
I honestly don’t know
27 goals in his first ever season playing as a forward, without a game winning midfield to feed it to him... I'd say he's a forward. Just needs to learn how to work with Mitchell Lewis properly and it'll be a very nice forward outfit you'd think.

27 goals in his first ever season playing as a forward, without a game winning midfield to feed it to him... I'd say he's a forward. Just needs to learn how to work with Mitchell Lewis properly and it'll be a very nice forward outfit you'd think.
Well articulated - that logic I can accept.

If it is wet as it is forecasted do we bother with Kosi? Lewis and Gunston may be enough
Don't like being negative about our players but wet weather couldn't possibly make Kosi drop any more chest marks. He applies good pressure and he's quick, probably makes him a better wet weather option than a dry weather option.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nah, no-one was saying that in 2019. Not by the end of the season at least. Lewis really started to show his potential then. He had some great games that really made people notice.

Kosi has done well as our main target (ie when Lewis has been out), but is yet to show he can fit with Lewis as a second target. Granted, it's been harder given he's been thrown in the ruck. He's a good mark overhead and has kicked fairly straight, but he can't take a chest mark for s**t and lacks general forward craft. In particular, he doesn't seemed to lead his defender away which means Lewis ends up getting double/triple teamed. Pretty sure this is what Wingard blasted him about last year too.

I'm not writing him off, I'm happy to see how he goes, but I'm not yet convinced he'll become what we need and don't think he'd be huge loss if traded. Particularly if Lawrence is picked up and continues to rise.
Also Lewis kicked 3 goals every week in the vfl in 2019 before getting his chance.

If it is wet as it is forecasted do we bother with Kosi? Lewis and Gunston may be enough
I'd go with Kosi personally. Tell him to crash any and every pack that Lewis isn't getting a half decent run at.

A soggy track probably not great for Gunston with his recent ankle issues.

He struggles to get through training, let alone a game. Even picking him when fit is a risk as I have no faith he can get through a game without another soft tissue injury. You wonder if it is a preparation issue with Chad. I get the feel that he would not be as diligent as others with his body maintenance and recovery during the week. Read a article with Crawf a while back, and he said that nearly all soft tissue injuries can be prevented by being more professional with your body during the week. He was constantly taking ice baths, getting massage and so on.
If your crawf maybe, for some bodies they just break down

Pretty disappointing for Chad, but it was expected/inevitable based on history.

Honestly think his worth more as a leader to us now, not sure another club will want to pay anything for him now

Happy to be wrong, and I know he's loved by many on Big Footy, but has anyone heard Sam talk of Chad as a leader?

Sam's on SEN every Friday morning, it's brilliant to listen to him, and even last week he mentioned Bruest, Big Boy, Shiels and Gunston as important leaders in our rebuild... one of a many occasions Chad wasn't mentioned when I've heard Sam speak on leaders.

I don't even think he's ever been in our leadership group, but his leadership is something often referenced by posters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back