Autopsy Round 16, 2024: St.Kilda v Port Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

Our forward line looked better when King got benched, he is a liability at the moment and isn't even providing a contest.

His confidence looks shot, he could do with a spell in the twos to try and get some confidence back by kicking a bag there.

We could also do with a decent forward line coach, someone like Nick Riewoldt to teach him how to lead and improve his workrate.

You can lead a horse to water though but you can't make them drink, King doesn't look like he wants to drink or take a mark.

I get that we are shit, and I accepted that long ago. I can forgive the poor skills and terrible decision making, as long I can see that they are actually trying. But watching King is just so frustrating, because to me it doesn't look like he is interested. He doesn't lead, always plays behind his defender, usually gets out-muscled in a 1v1, can't kick straight and has no follow up efforts once the ball hits the ground. I feel like going on a Carlton supporter on radio style rant that he should have the number 12 taken off him. I don't like shitting on our players, but hopefully his dummy spit bump rubs him out for a few weeks and we can offload him at the end of the year. I know that won't happen though.

Good news I guess we get pick 4. We could never draft a spud with that.....

I get that we are shit, and I accepted that long ago. I can forgive the poor skills and terrible decision making, as long I can see that they are actually trying. But watching King is just so frustrating, because to me it doesn't look like he is interested. He doesn't lead, always plays behind his defender, usually gets out-muscled in a 1v1, can't kick straight and has no follow up efforts once the ball hits the ground. I feel like going on a Carlton supporter on radio style rant that he should have the number 12 taken off him. I don't like shitting on our players, but hopefully his dummy spit bump rubs him out for a few weeks and we can offload him at the end of the year. I know that won't happen though.

Good news I guess we get pick 4. We could never draft a spud with that.....
OOOOhhh yippee what future super stars career will we ruin

King to Sandy, putrid
Can we trade him. We look so much better when he is not on the ground. He’s fallen behind Higgins and Marshall as the best full forward in our team.

Too many passengers today. That, King and the 50/50 decisions that never go our way made it a hard loss. I know it’s better for draft picks, and hopefully Port is another team to finish above the drug cheats to force them out of the eight, but it’s hard to watch at the time.

what the frick are you talking about, clearly both were among our best. Get stuck into King, higgins and to a lesser extent Steele, who was pretty awful today also.
Higgins today was out full forward and competed against three. Sure his finish was terrible when he went around the corner but at least he moved and presented. I wish he could do a body swap with King.

Agree on the rest of the message.

I agree its what it looks like. I just find it hard a professional footballer deliberately aims for this result.
Im prepared to give him the benefit of the doubt until I think the evidence is stacked against him.
I do think he gets in the wrong positions far too often, but am happy to apportion that to poor coaching/link up than anything King is doing deliberately.
The drums are definitely sounding though, you may be early Cairnsman, but not wrong.
Im just not prepared to write him off yet - and yes, his draft position is a factor in my mind.
I'm not writing him off yet or making crazy talk statements like calling for a trade...I'm just saying he needs to be dropped and told to work on his significant weakness...my only concern is his mentally fragility is not fixable....but a spell at Sandy is warranted to find out.

This team is terrible for my mental health.

Need to properly #eco for a while I think.

Without being a smartass- it's a very good idea.

I actually enjoyed the game today.
Both teams had a red hot crack all day.

Skills were ordinary- but some big performances from players on both sides- JHF and butters were amazing to watch, as were wilkie and sincs for us.

Our season is done- so the W/L doesn't matter.
*Was good to see hammer get another game down back- certainly something to work with there.
*Also- henry looks an absolute ripper- he and nas are built like twigs, but they hit (and get hit) pretty hard.

As for king- sure he's at a low ebb. But talent doesn't evaporate- confidence does.
I thought it was noticeable today that we were launching a lot of long balls at him from half back.
We need a better midfield who can deliver to our forwards from the middle of the ground- not from HB.
Sure- king is doing himself no favours atm, but he will look a million bucks once we get a midfield that isn't truly, truly terrible.

This isn't happy clappy denialism- this is a healthy amount of eco (imo).

The season is gone- lets see some progress towards next year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Season is shot....leave King at Sandy for the rest of the season... Muscle and build him up for next year. If that fails shift him off.
Agreed, if he is carrying an injury, he will find it easier there, let him get fit, some confidence, maybe a couple of games before seasons end and a big preseason.

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

I can’t see what we are trying to do any more. What we stand for. How we want to play. Last year it seemed we were developing the running play on, take risks game. This year we are developing the headless chook, no idea where to go, just kick it anywhere game. Hesitation is running rampant as is a complete lack of skill and confidence.
Questions need to be asked about the style of play, development of players.
What’s happened to Wilson?
Pressure should be squarely put on Lyon and the coaches and what they are trying to instil.
If you look at todays game you’d really be bewildered at what we are putting out there.

Was just thinking I can’t remeber the last time I saw King actually launch at the ball. I mean really put his body at risk and crash a pack. He used to be a maniac a few years ago. Something’s not right. Love to know whether it’s body or mind. Hopefully it’s both, because he’s become a massive liability. If he’s fit we are in big trouble.

what the frick are you talking about, clearly both were among our best. Get stuck into King, higgins and to a lesser extent Steele, who was pretty awful today also.

Steele was the only one even trying to win it out of the middle. Him and Wilkie had the most contested possessions on the ground.

King is 200 cm and athletic, he is not a gorilla type FF, we need to get him moving on the wing/half forward

Also the Umpiring of this game needs to mbe addressed, Mason Wood got denined a 50m pentalty when a port player was 1. Out of the contest and, 2 Ran behind the mark to try and spoil a kick.

Windhager gpt done for the same action 2 weeks ago.

The AFL's umpiring is either in bed with gambling companies (very plausible), incompetent or corrupt.

I lean towards corrupt.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Round 16, 2024: St.Kilda v Port Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

Back