Prediction Round 16 Port Changes vs Crows

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah takes dangerous near goals Motlop and tries to play him in the centre as if he’s peak Chris Judd

Trades for a 203cm 105kg behemoth key forward and makes him run a marathon up the wing every week.

Takes a 198cm impossible to match up on wingman and plays him forward, where key defenders easily match him.

Repeatedly picks sub 177cm guys (neade/Sam Gray) who are better around half forward and plays them as isolated marking targets in forward 50

Uncovers a crafty speedy skilled small forward in Farrell, then proceeds to isolate him 1 on 1 and play to his weaknesses, then play him as a negating tagging forward.

Moves boak into a half forward role where he looks nearly finished for an entire year.

Plays 2 rucks in paddy and lobbe despite it being obvious both are suited to first ruck and it’s not working.

Again plays 2 rucks both suited to being 1st ruck. Who could have guessed. Déjà vu.

Picks Howard as a forward. Now he’s a ruck. Now he’s a defender. Now he’s a forward. Wonder why Howard isn’t developing into the Star he could be?

Recruits an inside mid in Rockliff. Plays Ebert (a now redundant mid in a sea of slow inside ballwinners) in centre for an entire year despite the fact he is averaging 20d.

Moves Ebert to the forward line for 2019. At least he should be an upgrade on Sam Gray. Still plays Sam Gray.

The evidence that Hinkley is a buffoon with no understanding of football at all is overwhelming. Clearly “work hard enough” is hinkleys “do you concur”
Of decaprios Doctor in Catch Me If You Can.

This post deserves it's own thread.

Just checked it wasn't from Janus in case he is off his meds

Completely concur except the use of buffoon as a descriptor for Ken - there is nothing amusing about what he is doing to our football club.
I'm sticking with imposter and used car salesman.

Someone here termed it. Sums him up well to me

In the meantime in SA atm your first builder has probably gone bust. QED. :)

Saw the following truck parked outside Alberton Oval the other day.

Dodgey Bros. Licenced Builders. K Hinkley prop. B Lic O410E.
That deserves a photoshop

And you know this exactly how? How do you know what Garner’s role in the team was, what he was actually asked to do and whether he was keeping the game close?

I’m not saying he wasn’t, but if he’s being dropped after two matches - like he was for Hawthorn after his debut - doesn’t that tell you that there is a fundamental flaw in his game?

If you look at where the defenders got their possessions, there’s a correlation between Byrne-Jones, Clurey and Bonner getting most of their possessions on the same wing - in exactly the same location (on the left hand boundary) - that Garner was on at half back when we were pushing up the ground.

Hartlett, Burton and Jonas were more evenly spread, with Burton and Jonas on the opposite side of the ground.

So it took four defenders on one side to try to do what two were doing on the other.

The question I have is - what was Garner doing pushing up to a wing (he got 3 of his possessions there) when Bonner was stuck in defence? It should have been the other way around.
Can I ask, are you getting this from a coach or are you just making this up?

In 30 years I wonder if HBO will make a miniseries titled “Hinkley”

The series starts with an aged and defeated KT recording his thoughts on cassette ...
"When I arrived at the club there was a Datsun 180b parked in the car park. "

little concerned SPP is being pushed out.
In the 2s again and when hes in the AFL played in the wrong position.

Rocky boak and gray nearing the end. would hate to see SPP go now
I'd say he is clearly gone. If ken thinks the season is so desperate to win that he is bringing westhoff in then keeping SPP out and Bonner and motlop in tells me he's out the door

it involves the cows finishing as low as possible on the afl ladder..........

As a small battling club from the working class playing in a tough competition where someone has to lose, we'd love to help. But we are very well coached, save a couple of minor things our chairman is about to reveal.

Can I ask, are you getting this from a coach or are you just making this up?

Making what up? That Byrne-Jones, Clurey and Bonner all got the majority of their possessions in the same area? It's in the stats.

5 of Bonner's 12 possessions, 8 of Clurey's 18 possessions and 7 of Byrne-Jones' 26 possessions were on the side of the ground that Garner had 4 possessions on a wing. That's also the side of the ground that Schache kicked his three goals from, incidentally, and the side of the ground the Bulldogs continued to attack down.

Bonner had to switch to the opposite wing through centre half back to get possessions forward of defensive 50.

Garner isn't as good as people think he is. It's one of those classic 'one person says it, so everyone believes it' cases. He will be a great player, which is why he's gotten to play 3 games this year, but he's not some defensive superstar that this board makes him out to be.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fair few posters in the know have mentioned that the club wants him out. Sad because he looked like he could be anything.
The board wants him out. Not the football department.

It could also be limited to say half of the board, perhaps the half put there by the AFL?

YES RILEY BONNER GETS ANOTHER GAME!! so exciting the speed he provides out the back, tackling pressure, head over the ball dead eye dick with the kicks! PS he just loves these big games when the heat is on put him on jenkins

Have you considered ever making a single post about literally any topic other than Riley Bonner?

Are we rebuilding this team or not? If we are then why are we omitting young players who have shown promise? If we aren't then why are we so ******* s**t?
While we are a mathematical chance to make finals, no we are not rebuilding. This is the same approach of recent years. Again we will finish ninth which is the worst position on the ladder.

Garner isn't as good as people think he is. It's one of those classic 'one person says it, so everyone believes it' cases. He will be a great player, which is why he's gotten to play 3 games this year, but he's not some defensive superstar that this board makes him out to be.
I think the measuring stick has been a bit lower than that around here.

"When I arrived at the club there was a Datsun 180b parked in the car park. "
“Hinkley got 3 years as a contract extension for ‘performance’. What does that mean? nobody knows..... it doesn’t matter they got what they wanted and Cochrane ate faeces”

“Because to them a world where port just survive is a sane world”

Remove this Banner Ad

Prediction Round 16 Port Changes vs Crows

Remove this Banner Ad

Back