Autopsy Round 16: St Kilda defeat Hawthorn

Remove this Banner Ad

I know we have had a ton of names thrown up but i could see Scrimmerz as a future captain one day, not drafted by us but just screams Hawthorn.

Stoked to have him and he has been the biggest silver lining to me over the second half of this season.

I know we have had a ton of names thrown up but i could see Scrimmerz as a future captain one day, not drafted by us but just screams Hawthorn.

Stoked to have him and he has been the biggest silver lining to me over the second half of this season.

Scrimshaw should be the first player re-signed ASAP.

Happy with that result. Great team effort and the younger players showed plenty. And the loss keeps the draft dream alive.

With so many changes this team doesn’t have the cohesion just yet to perform to its full potential. Factoring in the injury to Worpel who was absolutely killing it, and another bunch of questionable umpiring and we weren’t far off.

They picked the side I wanted and our performance was exactly what I wanted, albeit in a losing effort.

Everyone that came in did something important aside from Morris who just couldn't get near it.

Greaves is hopefully here to stay.

Cousins is a lock for a new contract for mine. Our second best player today according to Champion Data.

Wanted Moore to be selected for ages, and while he didn't see heaps of it he did just enough to deserve keeping his spot the rest of the year. A great goal, a solid contested grab, some clean handballs in close in contested situations. Would like those 6 disposals to become 10 next week though.

Worps is probably done for the year, but I appreciate his efforts this season. Hasn't given up once this year.

Lewis just needs more time, more games under his belt, a little more confidence and better delivery. As I've said multiple times previously, if we give him 7-8 years like we've given TOB, he'll be a 40-50gpy forward.

Easily. TOB has had a charmed run and more than enough chances to prove himself. Didn't have the injury issues if Lewis this year either.

As the old saying goes, one players injury creates opportunity for another. Scrim has been massive since Siciliy did his knee.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Echo the thoughts on the previous posts. Much better effort and happy with the way the boys fought until the end despite being 2 men down and another 5 day break.

Like to mention Ceglar, Scully, O'Brien and Shiels who have had disappointing years, but were much better today and deserve some credit for that. Nice to see Lewis take a great grab and play much better, just needs to continue to work hard and a big preseason to work on tackling and fitness.

Greaves was really good, liked what I saw. Moore and CJ were both quiet, but happy to see them play the last two games, hopefully Moore can get a bit of a stint on ball with with Worpel out.

After a few vomit inducing losses, it's good to remember that we pushed the comp front runners to the brink a few weeks ago, and now our kids pushed a decent side after most of the guys played 3 games in, what, 10 days?

Happy with the effort, our future is a bit brighter than people are saying. I really feel like people are looking for patterns in an out of the box, cluster**** of a season. Hopefully next year we return to normalcy, we get to play the game plan Clarko was rumoured to put on ice at the start of the year, and we get through some games without injuries.

The last few weeks, Cousins has shown some pace and creative disposal (his kick into the middle to set up a goal in yhe last was exceptional) which makes me think he can be a long term player.

Greaves was excellent on debut. Thought he gave us more than Hardwick has in that role in the last few weeks.

Scully looked like the GWS version for the first time all year - hoping longer games next year will see more of this, but it was his work in tight that I was impressed with too - miles better than the beginning of the year.

Scrimshaw and Day continue to be shining lights.

On the downside, I am officially worried about Tom Mitchell. Giving his all and his link up efforts are first rate, even used the ball better this week (not including his one obligatory loopy handball to turn the ball over)...BUT, his explosiveness quick twitch reactions around stoppages seem gone. Hoping he just needs a rest?

Everyone seems to forget that Tom is coming back from a broken leg. I think he is doing better this year than I thought he would. Next year we will see him getting some of that explosiveness back

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

You realise that pick 3 will most likely be pick 5 at best.

Yeah I think everyone has their head around the fact we aren't getting JUH and losing another spot for potentially Campbell or crows compo (even if it is unlikely). It's looking like the 3rd "live" pick

I don't look at JUH as a possibility so don't care where he gets bid on, i am not sold Adelaide are getting pick 2 for Crouch.

So no we have pick 3.

Yep same pick used on Franklin, Pendlebury, De Goey etc, your point being???

CJ, still looks lost at times but he is an athletic beast, just keep playing him. Morrison probably played his last game, too slow by foot and by mind. Moore showed a bit, let him play for the rest of the year like CJ. Bring in Finn to replace Worpel. Such a shame Jones is injured, would have been a great opportunity for him. Love Frost, has a crack and goes when it’s his time.

It’s funny how kids tend to bring in that energy and enthusiasm that we have craved all year....

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Round 16: St Kilda defeat Hawthorn

Remove this Banner Ad

Back