Unofficial Preview Round 16 vs. Gold Coast, PFS, 4:35pm Saturday 29/06

Remove this Banner Ad

Gee Lippa, put that photo on your Tinder profile and you'd have smoke coming off your phone

Ease up, you can’t even see his face in the photo, he’ll get a complex about being a butter face!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone know of a training session on the GC? Heading up tomorrow hoping to catch one. 👍🏻
Unfortunately they dont seem to do interstate training sessions since pre covid. Apart from gather round. Havent seen it done since fly took over.
Its a shame really, so many interstate fans barely get games less alone see them train. They do the captains run on the morning before they fly out.

OUT: Jiath - McInnes - Macrrae - Sullivan*
IN: Pendlebury - Mihocek - Richards - De Goey*

*I think De Goey is more likely to miss the GC trip and come back for Essendon, based on nothing at all beyond a gut feeling.

FB: Maynard - Frampton - Dean
HB: Quaynor - Moore - Noble
C: J. Daicos - Pendlebury - Sidebottom
HF: Richards - Mihocek - Howe
FF: Schultz - Kreuger - Hill
FOLL: Cameron - N. Daicos - Crisp
INT: Harrison - Lipinski - Hoskin-Elliott - McCreery
SUB: Sullivan

Howe to play forward as the third linking option. Hoskin-Elliott can slide up to the third tall role in the few minutes that Kreuger will ruck.

This looks pretty right to me, too.

I feel a bit sorry for Reef and Sullivan but somebody has to go out. And we’ve still got the likes of Elliott, Richards, McStay and Markov all wanting to force their way back in. Selection is going to get very tough from here. Hopefully that competition drives team performance to higher levels.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

My tip:

Mihocek comes in for Reef
Pendlebury comes in for TJ
DeGoey comes in for Macrae

That leaves us with 4 developing players still in the team:
Harrison - looks very comfortable at the level.
Dean - getting better every game
Krueger - with Mihocek back in, Krueger allows Schultz to go back to being a small forward.
Sullivan - good coverage for Mitchell being out.
Pretty harsh not to bring Richards back in if fit.

Richards is great however …

(1) He’s been out for a month from all levels of the game. It’s typical that such an inexperienced player comes back via the VFL.

(2) Who would come out for him out of our forward line? It’d be between him and Krueger, and I’d keep Krueger in because of rucking flexibility, and as good as it would be for Richards to get game experience, the same could be said for Krueger.

As good as richards games were, I'm not sure he is an automatic in when fit.
He's not a de goey, pendles or elliott etc.
He's still inexperienced player.

Might be the choice between richards and Harrison.

So theoretically, we have all of the following AFL-relevant players available to come into the side this week:

Pendles
DeGoey
Mihochek
Richards
Markov

Jaith and Macrae are two obvious outs for Pendles and Checkers but it gets trickier from there. For DeGoey either Sullivan or Harrison likely make way, although both have done their jobs very well and would consider themselves unlucky. I rate HH very highly so for mine it would be Sullivan to feel the axe. The other option I guess is Reef, if it’s felt we need more midfield rotations against the powerful GC midfield unit. In fact, on reflection, that’s the way I’d go.

Jaith >>>> Pendles
Macrae >>>> DeGoey
McInnes >>>> Mihochek

I can’t find a place for Richards (v.unlucky) or Markov, so both will have to strut their stuff in the VFL.

Should be a cracking game!

Richards is great however …

(1) He’s been out for a month from all levels of the game. It’s typical that such an inexperienced player comes back via the VFL.

(2) Who would come out for him out of our forward line? It’d be between him and Krueger, and I’d keep Krueger in because of rucking flexibility, and as good as it would be for Richards to get game experience, the same could be said for Krueger.
Agree on 1, with your second point it doesn’t necessarily need to be a forward out. We could move Mcreery to the middle. I get a sense that Schultz would also do well on ball.

Any medicos on here? How does the club measure that Dan can come back after 8 months instead of the usual longer period? What are the measurements they use?
So theoretically, we have all of the following AFL-relevant players available to come into the side this week:

Pendles
DeGoey
Mihochek
Richards
Markov

Jaith and Macrae are two obvious outs for Pendles and Checkers but it gets trickier from there. For DeGoey either Sullivan or Harrison likely make way, although both have done their jobs very well and would consider themselves unlucky. I rate HH very highly so for mine it would be Sullivan to feel the axe. The other option I guess is Reef, if it’s felt we need more midfield rotations against the powerful GC midfield unit. In fact, on reflection, that’s the way I’d go.

Jaith >>>> Pendles
Macrae >>>> DeGoey
McInnes >>>> Mihochek

I can’t find a place for Richards (v.unlucky) or Markov, so both will have to strut their stuff in the VFL.

Should be a cracking game!

I’m starting to feel like Johnny Noble would be getting nervous. He’s had a good season but I can just sense he could be in the mix to make room for players now that we’ve found some who could make a difference at the pointy end.
I’m not hoping he misses out but all this talk of who makes way is just making me wonder.

Any medicos on here? How does the club measure that Dan can come back after 8 months instead of the usual longer period? What are the measurements they use?

I’m starting to feel like Johnny Noble would be getting nervous. He’s had a good season but I can just sense he could be in the mix to make room for players now that we’ve found some who could make a difference at the pointy end.
I’m not hoping he misses out but all this talk of who makes way is just making me wonder.
Who would be vying for JFN's spot?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back