Game Day Round 17, 2021 - Brisbane Lions vs. St. Kilda

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a great achievement by Zorks to be playing his 200th tonight after being taken as a mature age recruit a decade ago.

Of all the stats that highlight his class there was one I wasn't aware of that is quite remarkable. Since his debut in round 7 2012 he's missed a total of 7 games , 3 through suspension.

I don't know how many players would go through a 10 year career and miss only 7 games but you wouldn't think it would be many. If any.

Considering the way he plays putting his body on the line every game he must be made of steel.

Watching all the Zorko 200 media has made me angry again.

Yeah yeah, he’s a Gold Coast boy so playing it on the coast is a great full circle story blah blah blah.

Should be at the goddamn Gabba with the crowd going nuts for every disposal, tackle and goal.

It's a great achievement by Zorks to be playing his 200th tonight after being taken as a mature age recruit a decade ago.

Of all the stats that highlight his class there was one I wasn't aware of that is quite remarkable. Since his debut in round 7 2012 he's missed a total of 7 games , 3 through suspension.

I don't know how many players would go through a 10 year career and miss only 7 games but you wouldn't think it would be many. If any.

Considering the way he plays putting his body on the line every game he must be made of steel.
Very durable guy, no reason why he couldn't play another 2-3 years despite being 32 years of age, doesn't appear to have lost any of his evasiveness and pace.

Watching all the Zorko 200 media has made me angry again.

Yeah yeah, he’s a Gold Coast boy so playing it on the coast is a great full circle story blah blah blah.

Should be at the goddamn Gabba with the crowd going nuts for every disposal, tackle and goal.
Reading his back story again and considering how obviously talented he is it's food for thought that he was overlooked in 4 National Drafts . Despite an outstanding junior career being Captain of Queensland under 18's in 2007 and winning the Broadbeach B/F every year.

I wonder how many kids who could have successful AFL careers miss out because of perceptions re size, athleticism and whatever else when what they can do is get the footy.

Reading his back story again and considering how obviously talented he is it's food for thought that he was overlooked in 4 National Drafts . Despite an outstanding junior career being Captain of Queensland under 18's in 2007 and winning the Broadbeach B/F every year.

I wonder how many kids who could have successful AFL careers miss out because of perceptions re size, athleticism and whatever else when what they can do is get the footy.

I howled for us to draft him every single one of those drafts, so I have that going for me.

But yeah, I wonder if Caleb Daniel maybe owes Zorko a beer or two.

It wasn’t long ago that you couldn’t get drafted if below 180cm and there was a huge focus on drafting athletes over footballers. Also didn’t help that he was playing in a weak state league. If he hadn’t of played that game against the WAFL she might never have been drafted.

Here is an example . When Daniel Rich was having an excellent first year at the Lions I was chatting to probably the most lauded recruiter /list manager at that time and he said of Rich words to the effect that we got him because he was ready to go and we were still in the the finals window and we'd get 2 or 3 years out of him but he was at his physical peak very early and could never get any better.

But he can play footy !!

The problem is that there only a few positions in a team for people Zorko's height, but over 12 for people over say 185 cm. You just have to be so much better if you're short.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would you rather a team of 18 Zorkos and 4 Max Gawns, or 18 Max Gawns and 4 Zorkos.

Interesting thought experiment.
18 Zorko's, they'd run the Gawn's off their feet. :D

18 Zorko's, they'd run the Gawn's off their feet. :D

Yeah just need to trust your 4 Gawns to bring the ball to ground enough.

I reckon if you were within 30 points at half time you’d run over them in the second.

18 Zorkos are going to give away a few 50s though ;)

What about 22 Nat Fyfes? Could struggle to kick goals though.

I always thought 22 x Adam Goodes would be the best example of this experiment.

22 Koutafides would give them a good contest though.

I howled for us to draft him every single one of those drafts, so I have that going for me.

"If we're not going to take Austin Lucy, at least f-ing take Zorko!"

I always thought 22 x Adam Goodes would be the best example of this experiment.

22 Koutafides would give them a good contest though.
I've always gone Goodes.

Mainly because I never saw Kouta in the ruck, but I've seen Goodes in the ruck, down back, up forward and in the mids.

I've always gone Goodes.

Mainly because I never saw Kouta in the ruck, but I've seen Goodes in the ruck, down back, up forward and in the mids.

22 Lethals would be interesting but they’d all be suspended for the following 8 rounds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back