Preview Round 17, 2021: Brisbane v St.Kilda - Metricon Stadium, Saturday 10th July, 7:25PM AEST

Who Wins?

• Lions

Votes: 6 54.5%
  • Saints

Votes: 5 45.5%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Possibly the year before. I have horrifying memories of him kicking a bag and leaving defenders clutching at air.

Weirdly i feel like we match up alright on them mostly. Andrews, Zorko and one of McStay, Daniher and Hipwood are the concerns. Patty and Roma should have a field day.
Yep was the year before. At docklands. Five goals. That was an awful game. Also the last game I ever intended to watch of st Kilda.

Possibly the year before. I have horrifying memories of him kicking a bag and leaving defenders clutching at air.

Weirdly i feel like we match up alright on them mostly. Andrews, Zorko and one of McStay, Daniher and Hipwood are the concerns. Patty and Roma should have a field day.
That was 2019. Was a horrible game.

Going to be interesting to see how Steele, Crouch and Dunstan match up on Brisbanes mids. Their mids are guns so it will be a big test to see fi their form holds up.

Can everyone jump on Ryan Byrnes for the Rising star at $251 so I can cash out for a profit :drunk:

Hoping he gets a nom before years end, deserves it.

According to the 2nds report Joyce had a outstanding game.
Then again they can just bring Battle back into the team.
Clav looked pretty good tho from what I saw as well. I just hope we bring 1 in. If we try to go short against Brisbane I fear our defence will get slaughtered

Cameron only kicked 1 last time from a lucky free kick on the boundary. Paton did a great job on him.

Hipwood had a lot of shots on goal but luckily missed them all.

And Harris Andrews dominated. Will be a big test for King.
Keen to see how King goes against Harris.

I think Max is starting to look stronger than last year. There was some good body work on the weekend. Just shoved his opponetent out of the way to draw the free kick for his first goal.

Won't be as easy against Andrews though.

Metricon looking most likely. Brisbane might be based in gold coast until the city is no longer a red zone.

That would be the time McKenzie was on him and let him score 4 odd goals.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Also Tony74 on saintsational posted that the reason for Battle being dropped was poor disposal.

Tony usually has a clue as to what's going on so I find it pretty interesting as I generally wouldn't have thought that he has bad disposal.
That would be more bizarre stuff from the coaches if true... the bloke just played his best game for the year and was comfortably in our best half a dozen.

Also Tony74 on saintsational posted that the reason for Battle being dropped was poor disposal.

Tony usually has a clue as to what's going on so I find it pretty interesting as I generally wouldn't have thought that he has bad disposal.

It's more very inconsistent than bad.

Sounds like he was given reason's why he was not in the side and he has fought back and proved he is more than good enough - will be very surprised if he is at the club next year.

The thing is if we can gain from losing him - would he be a best a late 2nd round pick as a free agent and would Billings be a early 2nd round pick.
Really if that is what they are worth I would want them to stay.

The way he's playing right now you'd need 2 firsts to get a player of that quality. We'd be insane to let him walk.

That would be the time McKenzie was on him and let him score 4 odd goals.

I remember that, turned him inside out and just about crushed his spirit every time the ball came near him.

Lost to Freo, narrowly beat Gold Coast, narrowly beat hawthorn, thumped by Richmond.

ok is probably the exact perfect word to describe our form there.
Yep ok as I said. Funny how we can use words. Narrowly won 2 games but no mention of narrowly lost one game even though that was closer than the hawks game which we apperently narrowly won. And lost to the winning premiership side in a final.

Yep ok as I said. Funny how we can use words. Narrowly won 2 games but no mention of narrowly lost one game even though that was closer than the hawks game which we apperently narrowly won. And lost to the winning premiership side in a final.
Jeez would you calm down I'm agreeing with you. OK is the perfect word - two wins two losses - none of which particularly impressive/unimpressive. Just coz I didn't mention it was a close loss. :rolleyes:

Jeez would you calm down I'm agreeing with you. OK is the perfect word - two wins two losses - none of which particularly impressive/unimpressive. Just coz I didn't mention it was a close loss. :rolleyes:

Im very calm. It wont hurt oir chances playing there. Probably still be at the Gabba. Either way we are huge outsiders.

Im very calm. It wont hurt oir chances playing there. Probably still be at the Gabba. Either way we are huge outsiders.
It definitely helps us if it's there as it goes from away ground to neutral.

But yes they are the most in form team in the comp and we will most likely lose comfortably.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back