Preview Round 17, 2021: Brisbane v St.Kilda - Metricon Stadium, Saturday 10th July, 7:25PM AEST

Who Wins?

• Lions

Votes: 6 54.5%
  • Saints

Votes: 5 45.5%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I watched Sharman play both games he's played for us. Not obviously in person but on TV. Two goals in a losing side last week seemed not a bad effort. He seems to move well and create opportunity. Connolly only played 4 games of VFL before he got a call up, so why not take a punt with a kid who's played a bit of senior footy in the EFL, SANFL and VFL this year? I do agree that all players develop different but I thought in a struggling forward line against a side that on form alone will pump us there's no harm in bringing one kid in. If he was a defender that would be a different story.
Well he isn’t close to ready. He isn’t playing. There will be one or two changes. A back in for Connelly and that’s probably it. The back will be Joyce or if they want to play battle back which they don’t seem to want to do. I would but that’s just me.

More than 6000 close contacts remain in quarantine as Qld outbreak grows
looks like the game could be in Victoria

Cue it’s happening gif.

Cue it’s happening gif.
K8OZPaV.gif

King is averaging 9.6 touches and 1.4 goals per game. Is he not up to standard as well?

Sharman isn't an 18yo kid straight from the draft. He's been playing senior footy at lower levels for the past two years and the lower levels can be more physical and rougher then AFL so him being "skinny" means bugger all. Connolly has played 4 VFL games since being drafted and everyone was excited to see him get a run.
What a strange way of thinking.

Am I the only one who thinks you shouldn't base what team you select on what the other team is doing? Play to win not play to try stop them from winning.

Like I would necessarily be against a Joyce, Battle or Clav coming back in, but both Collingwood and Richmond went into the game against us with 4 talls between ruck and forward. Maybe not the same quality as the Brisbane guys but our backline has been doing just fine against that set up lately. Don’t think it’s something we desperately need to address.

Haven't been here for a few weeks... Get back and one of the first things I read is drop Billings for Kent. Never change Saints board.

Billings isn't normal Billings he's got a ****ed foot and we are playing him to drive his trade value down. Kenty came back and got 30 plus possessions in his first game in the VFL. Looks like he'd be worth a go in an impotent forward line and it was as a suggestion of bring him in instead of Sharman who looks a year off senior footy. Chuck Kent on McLuggage or something and make him a tagger rest him forward and swap Ross onto him.

Both Docklands and the MCG are already hosting two games on the weekend so it might be a completely neutral venue.

Adelaide Oval is free on Saturday night.

They have been in home/ hotel quarantine for over a week now, very misleading headline. No danger to the Brisbane/ Queensland community and every case has been linked.

I watched Sharman play both games he's played for us. Not obviously in person but on TV. Two goals in a losing side last week seemed not a bad effort. He seems to move well and create opportunity. Connolly only played 4 games of VFL before he got a call up, so why not take a punt with a kid who's played a bit of senior footy in the EFL, SANFL and VFL this year? I do agree that all players develop different but I thought in a struggling forward line against a side that on form alone will pump us there's no harm in bringing one kid in. If he was a defender that would be a different story.

Maybe not this week but soon, give players a taste of the big time & IMO it helps them to develop. When or if we are completely out of finals contention, then I would be all for playing these so called newer recruits.
Some players play better on big occasions & what’s bigger than getting a game in the AFL?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Billings isn't normal Billings he's got a f’ed foot and we are playing him to drive his trade value down. Kenty came back and got 30 plus possessions in his first game in the VFL. Looks like he'd be worth a go in an impotent forward line and it was as a suggestion of bring him in instead of Sharman who looks a year off senior footy. Chuck Kent on McLuggage or something and make him a tagger rest him forward and swap Ross onto him.
Mate 2 minutes on McCluggage and we'd need to call life support for Kent. He'd have a heart attack running so far....

Isn’t Marvel free on Saturday night?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah but they play there Friday night and Sunday arvo.

Not that it matters - I hadn't realised the Gold Coast was outside the Queensland red zones so no doubt it will be at Metricon.

Crazy to think they got these double ups after finishing second in the H&A season last year.

Got lucky with Collingwood's decline whereas we received double ups against four of last year's top five and a rising Sydney.

You think that is lucky? Take a look at Port's double ups after finishing first in the H&A:

St Kilda, Collingwood, Western Bulldogs, Carlton and Adelaide.

You think that is lucky? Take a look at Port's double ups after finishing first in the H&A:

St Kilda, Collingwood, Western Bulldogs, Carlton and Adelaide.
In fairness all sides examples, including ours, are as they should be. Draw done from the ladder at the end of finals. We all finished top 6 so we all get 3 from that group, 1 from the middle 6, and 1 from the bottom 6.

Collingwood beating West Coast in the Elimination Final stuffed it all up. Put Collingwood in the top bracket and West Coast in the middle bracket.

Just a bit unlucky on the sides we drew. Sydney finished 3rd bottom last year. Be thankful we didn't pull Footscray from the 2nd bracket.

If we got really lucky our double ups could have looked something like:

Top 6
Collingwood
Brisbane
Port
Middle 6
Carlton/Freo/GoldCoast
Bottom 6
Nth Melbourne

We historically don't get a lot of luck. Let's face it. Don't think it would have mattered much this year. We have been ordinary.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back