Preview Round 17, 2023: St.Kilda v Melbourne - Marvel Stadium, Saturday 8th July, 7:25PM AEST *STEELE 150TH*

Who Wins?

• Saints

Votes: 19 36.5%
  • Demons

Votes: 33 63.5%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Melbourne is the only team we haven't beaten since 2019.

Hopefully it starts this Saturday. Both coming off interstate games and a 6 day break, with players injured. We still havent heard whether Hill & Ross will get up and they lose Fritch who is important to their forward conversions.

They will get Oliver back and it looks like we will bring in Jones, Clark and a key defender. If there midfield & ruckman dont get hold of us we should be ok???

Last edited:
You guys need to step up your game, the woe and despair in here is a pale comparison to the Demons board at the moment.
It's our brand

Alright so hear me out, everyone put 1k on the Dees to win. That way, if they do win like we expect them to, we make like $500 apiece. But if Saints win, we’re happy cause we won! It’s genius.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I still can't quite get over the fact the Dees had 73 inside fifties and only managed five goals. 😳

It was up north, they did our thing in travelling north and going "goals? goals? what are those sticks doing there?" so promptly thought it was cultural appropriation and didn't fire a shot as opposed to us who went "I like monsoons" and promptly got hit the face by wind and rain in one cause we got tried of running into walls.

As it'll be under a roof instead in all liklihood, Dees by 47 and May to both look like he sucked on a lemon in disgust on his way to the same amount of intercepts and us to maybe kick 10 goals, maybe.

It's our brand

Ummm, you know we invented despair. We didn't win a game for our first 25 years or something.

When you guys were off drinking champagne after your flags we were wondering if we'd done something to upset god.

Saints fans look on starving Ukrainians sleeping in the bombed out shell of their homes with no heating and look at them like they don't know how depressing a winter could be.

Ummm, you know we invented despair. We didn't win a game for our first 25 years or something.

When you guys were off drinking champagne after your flags we were wondering if we'd done something to upset god.

Saints fans look on starving Ukrainians sleeping in the bombed out shell of their homes with no heating and look at them like they don't know how depressing a winter could be.
“Were”?
I think what you really mean is “are still” 🙄

And I'm a bit behind the times but I just heard Fritsch is out for eight weeks after surgery this morning. That's gonna hurt.
Definitely. They’re leading goalscorer for the last few years and this year. And their next best in Pickett has only kicked 8 goals in the last 7 games, while the one who’s kicked their 3rd most for the year got dropped last week (Van Rooyen).

Their forwardline this week will presumably be the weakest on paper in the comp. With the yips to boot.

Unless they turn their goal scoring around in a big way on what they’ve been doing this is an incredible opportunity for us to potentially go a win clear into 4th, with 5 distinctly winnable games to follow.

giphy (1).gif

Definitely. They’re leading goalscorer for the last few years and this year. And their next best in Pickett has only kicked 8 goals in the last 7 games, while the one who’s kicked their 3rd most for the year got dropped last week (Van Rooyen).

Their forwardline this week will presumably be the weakest on paper in the comp. With the yips to boot.

Unless they turn their goal scoring around in a big way on what they’ve been doing this is an incredible opportunity for us to potentially go a win clear into 4th, with 5 distinctly winnable games to follow.

Is the reason we will bottle it, and hard, as the players have consistently shown that when expectation comes along as a thing that can happen;

They panic, have a cry and run around a bit flailing arms about how the sky fell and they have owwies. And regardless of how bad the dees forwardline might be...

Port were worse in that monsoonal weather.
Hawks were worse earlier this year.
We lost both, rather easily.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back