Prediction Round 17, 2024: Changes vs Melbourne

Remove this Banner Ad

WAFL output thoroughly uninspiring outside of Trew who they refuse to use and Gaff who nobody wants to see. 30+ and a goal worth a recall all other things being equal, but all other things are not currently equal.

In: JWill, Dewar
Out: Flynn, Rotham

Let’s try Maric behind the ball in place of Rotham. We need some drive off half back and the current mix simply isn’t working/relies on some very middle of the road ball users needing to reliably hit kicks.

JWill to chop out, Dewar to provide something of some energy. Darling (or Waterman if he doesn’t pull up well) due a rest but doubt they’ll pull the trigger on that with the Dees quality KPDs.

Out: McGovern (Inj) Flynn (inj) Chesser, Brockman.
In: J.Williams, Trew, Hall, Culley.

Maric to start this time around, Flynn out is no big loss he's terrible but we only really have room for one terrible Ruckman in the side. I'm sure Gaff & Sheed or both will get a look in. Seriously we need just play the kids, season is heading further south, spoon-ward. Chesser needs some touch in the WAFL as does Brockman. Today was a big opportunity for them to stand up and they failed miserably.

Out: Flynn (inj.), Brockman (omit)
In: J.Williams, Trew

Brockman interchangeable with Jones, Rotham, Chesser, Maric or a couple other non-contributors - but I really want to see Trew get a go and given how bad our midfield was today it can't be any worse.

Waterman came back on so i doubt he'll miss - not sure what the issue is, he had knee strapping.

Have they said what the issue with Flynn is?

Also Gov spent some time on the bench in the end, getting some treatment to his hand perhaps.

Ok, so I am generally conservative but that was beyond bad so there needs to be some movement on the whiteboard.

So…

Out: Flynn (assuming injured), Cripps (really poor today), Darling, Ginbey, Jones
In: Jack Williams, Dewar, Maric (into the 22), Culley, Johnston

Chesser to sub.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Waterman came back on so i doubt he'll miss - not sure what the issue is, he had knee strapping.

Have they said what the issue with Flynn is?

Also Gov spent some time on the bench in the end, getting some treatment to his hand perhaps.

Simmo said it was a cut on the back of the knee so assume he should probably be ok for next week.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Team
Dewar Barrass Baker
Hall mcgovern Hough
Brockman Kelly Chesser
Reid Williams Hutchinson
Ryan Allen Waternam
Follwers Livingstone Yeo Reid
Bench Culley Rawlinson Edwards

Dewar Barrass Baker
Hall mcgovern Hough
Brockman Kelly Chesser
Reid Williams Hutchinson
Ryan Allen Waternam
Follwers Livingstone Yeo Reid
Bench Culley Rawlinson Edwards Maric

Out: McGovern (Inj) Flynn (inj) Chesser, Brockman.
In: J.Williams, Trew, Hall, Culley.

Maric to start this time around, Flynn out is no big loss he's terrible but we only really have room for one terrible Ruckman in the side. I'm sure Gaff & Sheed or both will get a look in. Seriously we need just play the kids, season is heading further south, spoon-ward. Chesser needs some touch in the WAFL as does Brockman. Today was a big opportunity for them to stand up and they failed miserably.
Smart to make the team even slower by dropping our fast outside players for slow inside players.

OUT : Flynn, Chesser, Brockman, Rotham, Darling
IN: J.Williams, Trew, Hall, Dewar, Hutchison

From the above, Trew into the midfield full time with Kelly moving to a HFF. Ginbey to a wing and Hunt on the other. Hutchison to play from now til end of the year. Maric down back to replace Rotham. Couldnt give a crap if he hasnt played in that role before. He cannot be worse then Rotham.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back