Review Round 17 = Collingwood 80-92 Essendon

Remove this Banner Ad

This is going to be McFly's first big test since mid 2022 when we were scratchy at best. How does he turn around our team performances? How does he get the team back to its relentless ball hunting mentality? We need 5 wins probably to make the eight, big ask.

Last edited:

What did we have 40sh tackles tonight
For reference we had 80sh when we beat Lions and turned it around earlier in the year

If we aren’t tackling (which is our MO) and also aren’t getting the pill either (getting slaughtered in possessions each week) we have not a lot going for us

You can’t tackle when you are allowing your opposition to take so many marks, you don’t get the chance to

Why would they play IQ on a wing? Our backline was a Shadow of itself tonight. They took so many marks inside 50 over the back of the defenders it was crazy.
The played him wing to try and have him involved. The issue was that IQ but spent the majority of the night in defence as the floating 7th defender. Where he had absolutely no impact and allowed his opponent & bombers to come in via his vacant wing.

Book the September holiday now we ain’t playing finals. More injuries and a team who tries for a few minutes a game then does sweet FA. It’s our game plan, don’t try then try.

So glad we over paid for that dud wearing 8 wouldn’t want use to get a fair trade when we can ruin our future on him. Is his name Beams?

IQ seriously needs to be dropped. Now that McDonald is staying in Sydney at least we won’t get ripped off in a trade this year.

Honestly this is going to take a long time for our team to be good again. Too many old players and apart from Nick no quality young players coming through. Draft hand compromised and nothing positive in sight. Yes I’m negative but I’m also realistic and not one who sees all our players as champions. I will criticise the club when need be. I totally understand chasing the back to back with what we had, I would’ve done it too but to leave the cupboard empty when it comes to key forwards and good young mids is terrible list management.

Oh well let’s see if Eyre gets a game and Harry. I’m playing Eyre down back pushing Howie back and playing Moore forward/ second ruck. We’ll probably be spanked by more but who gives a crap anymore.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oh the irony of Bombers fans being ecstatic about beating a good side.

Except they didn’t.☹️

One of our worst performances under Fly, and eerily similar to our first three games (losses) at the horrid start to this season.

A few weeks ago our pressure game was being lauded, and our defence stats were spoken of in glowing terms by Champion Data. That’s all gone pfft.

We look old and tired, or young and inept, and Naicos is trying to do too much and to save us from ourselves. He’s too young for such a burden!

We will have some more wins this year, no doubt against the odds, but it’s unsustainable footy.

We need to get the love back, the nourishment out of our footy, and fewer outside distractions please Pies.

When you see Nick Daicos run the ball over the boundary from 15 metres and had the look of "hey fellas i can't do this all by myself everyweek",you know we have some big problems.Too many players look like they just came from the pub,slipping,falling over,fumbling and some really poor disposal and efforts.I can only hope we can turn it around,but the last 3 games have been really disappointing when there has been so much on the line,need to pull the finger out soon.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back