Review Round 17 = Collingwood 80-92 Essendon

Remove this Banner Ad

The played him wing to try and have him involved. The issue was that IQ but spent the majority of the night in defence as the floating 7th defender. Where he had absolutely no impact and allowed his opponent & bombers to come in via his vacant wing.
I don’t understand how Quaynor, playing wing, ended up on numerous occasions one out with Stringer deep in defence WITH NO TALL (or any really) DEFENSIVE SUPPORT ANYWHERE NEAR HIM. What the **** was that? It’s not like Stringer was playing wing himself. I don’t get how our structure could be in such disarray

I think Kruger has done a pretty good job as his replacement.
His goals are deceptive smokescreen. It's not his fault but he gets slaughtered in the ruck, especially at centre bounces and was ineffectual up forward for most of the game along with Checkers and Schultzy.

Just got home.
Absolutely shattered.
Think we’re done for the year.
Still proud of the club for the ride we’ve been on.
Can’t see how we get back from here though.

Ned Long - looked really good in limited game time. Really should’ve started on the ground.

Reef needs to play, has speed and a habit of getting in behind the defence.

Half the backline (minimum) are having down years, that doesn’t bode well.
Why Reef is constantly overlooked even when we are scraping the barrel is a bad sign for him. I'd like to see him in next week. Now that Checkers is done for the season, he surely must get a decent run now.

That’s it, season is done.
This side is totally content on resting on its 1 flag.
So many players just going through the motions.
The flag was amazing last year, but that’s last year.
This year, the players are not hungry, which is really disappointing

Imo we don't have the mix right in the guts, letting Tay Adams go was a mistake.

Tonight Pendles looked slow and cooked for half the game. Looked more like his rounds 1 to 5 weeks form. Is he injured?

Degoey, N.Daicos and Pendles is not gelling well as a starting trio imo.

Run and carry off HB of 2023 is gone.

No KPF finally caught up to us.

N.Long did reasonably well for his short time out there.

Probably one of Nick Daicos worst games I've seen him play.

Also appearing no Nick No pies.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

crisp started well but had 2 brainfades in the last quarter that snuffed out a chance of victory. Not declaring season over yet cause the pies still look good for some periods of the game and they're still basically 9-7 but it needs to pick up.

So now we have no ruckmen at all for God knows how long. Quaynor and Checkers gone. It's looking grim.
We’re done anyway. Chance to take the pressure off and try something different

Injuries are our crucifix of death.
The scourge of injuries has torched us in a way that has few precedents.
Checkers and IQ the latest casualties.
Nothing can overcome such a trail of disaster.
Disagree with all those who claim we lack effort.
We lack:
a) essential personnel
b) confidence (who is the next guy to get injured? Who is playing where? Thought Frampton looked utterly lost tonight)
That's it.
The only issue is that neither of these can be remedied quickly, because they are interconnected.

OK, so it seems like Checkers is done for the year, Cameron is gone for 6 to 8 weeks with cracked ribs and internal bleeding, IQ will be out for a month with a sore toe, so I say maybe it is time to tank and get those draft picks!! We can still grab a bottom 4 spot.

EDIT: Awww snap, just realised we gave our #1 pick to Freo......when it rains it pours!!

We’re done anyway. Chance to take the pressure off and try something different
Is Cameron injured as well???
Oh JFC, just saw the post above.
Cameron gone as well.
Yeah, time to relax.
We're not contending this year.
And it ain't the fault of anyone.
It is dumb f"***ing luck.

What stood out to me all game, was that we never had an open player, Essendon was always right on our players making moving the ball difficult. Then we would give them all this space when they had it, often leaving several of their players wide open.

We did look good in contest, but often they would get it out and then have free players everywhere.

I really don’t know what’s going on with Moore, he is a shadow of his recent years. Murphy was so important, we need to recruit someone like him to back up Moore.

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Round 17 = Collingwood 80-92 Essendon

Remove this Banner Ad

Back