Autopsy Round 17 - GWS Giants vs Richmond, Sat 14th July 2018, 7.25pm, Spotless

Remove this Banner Ad

I come in peace.
Just got home from a very big weekend in Sydney.
Full credit to your side. Deserved to win. Precise ball movement and never really looked losing, even though it was close.
I said on the main board, GWS is the only team I genuinely fear this season and I was right.
Get your full side together and look out.
I love Spotless as a stadium although the beer queues were horrible.
Highlight was sinking $4.90 Reschs schooners at the Royal Oak before the game across from Lidcombe station.
All the best for the rest of the season.

I come in peace.
Full credit to your side. Deserved to win. Precise ball movement and never really looked losing, even though it was close.
I said on the main board, GWS is the only team I genuinely fear this season and I was right.
Highlight was sinking $4.90 Reschs schooners at the Royal Oak before the game across from Lidcombe station.
All good mate.

Love playing the Tiges as the majority of fans are good natured and the games are hard fought.

All the best for the year.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

All good mate.

Love playing the Tiges as the majority of fans are good natured and the games are hard fought.

All the best for the year.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
Thanks GG.
Much better going to GWS games than Swans games.
Gee Taranto is a jet.

I come in peace.
Boy, precise ball movement? Your side does that so well.
It was a great contest to watch.
Challenging for us to get there but. Pretty sure we will face the Tigers again if we do.
Could’ve gone either way.
Glad you had a good trip. We really like our stadium and the atmosphere we are growing here.
All the best to you too.

Just wanted to say I loved watching you guys on Saturday night. When you run in waves you look awesome.
Whitfield's kicking was insanely good.
Great passion when they sang the song!
Good luck for the rest of the season...I hope you go a long way because you will be great to watch and it will stick it right up all the naysayers.

I noticed the boys have dispensed with the 'around the corner Stevie J set-shot' and are drop punting angled goals with more accuracy.
Maybe, as a club, we're over SJ.
Enjoyed the ground atmosphere. It was great edge-of-your-seats experience and rivalled the Bulldogs prelim and Bulldogs @ Manuka the year after for excitement.

I suspect Dawson will be replaced by Cameron. The only unknown is Lobb being fit enough to take on the role. Hopefully he is by then
I tend to agree with this

I think we look a better team with him in the ruck and Cameron in the forward line. Although I think Dawson has far from disgraced himself

I tend to agree with this

I think we look a better team with him in the ruck and Cameron in the forward line. Although I think Dawson has far from disgraced himself

Feel like Simpson is not mobile but evens up the contest against most ruckmen (except NicNat, Ryder, Grundy and probs Gawn) which assists in giving our elite mids the upper hand. More mobile ruckmen can be covered round the ground by Tommo/Lobb/Himmelberg so not a massive issue. Liking Lobb's role at the moment actually, being the tall man that marks down the line with Dawson. Himmelberg seems to be quite mobile too so wouldnt mind him pushing up the ground taking marks in the half forward area with cameron and greene being our focal points marking/leading in attack. I can see Lobb pinch hitting in the ruck but want to protect him from too much of a battering against big traditional ruckmen - maybe leave Simpson/Flynn as primary ruck since we cannot afford more injuries to key players at this end of the season. If we are looking too tall, would not be completely opposed to taking himmelberg out for cameron in.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

FREOOOO - way to go !!!!!! :p

Awesome Dawson stays in the ruck IMO, I feel he's doing his role and is effective in the ruck which is what we struggled with early in the season (Lobb & Tommo can pinch hit when Awesome needs a break) , when Jezza comes back, id take HH out and move Cameron in, HH needs a break.

Midfield frequency stats for the match. If you haven't seen a post of mine before - this is an overall summary of how often players were used as one of your 5 mids at centre bounces.

There were 25 bounces

Kelly 20 (11w, 9i)
Ward 20 (16i, 4w)
Taranto 20 (10i, 10w)
Hopper 17
Tomlinson 16 wing
Shiel 16 (11i, 5w)
Coniglio 12
Reid 3 wing

Rucks:
Simpson 20
Tomlinson 5

Notes:
Lobb's presumably still too sore or offers too much to the forwardline structure to even be the back-up at this stage.
Technically Greene was a winger for the last bounce, but all wingers for that bounce were Tiger backs and GWS forwards, so whomever your normal wingers for a bounce would've been had already flooded back.

Boy, precise ball movement? Your side does that so well.
It was a great contest to watch.
Challenging for us to get there but. Pretty sure we will face the Tigers again if we do.
Could’ve gone either way.
Glad you had a good trip. We really like our stadium and the atmosphere we are growing here.
All the best to you too.
I have been to Spotless five times now. One for a narrow win in the wet, two 100-plus wins, last year and this year.
Also went to Canberra for our game in 2016 when you smacked us.
all the best for your club.
I have a lot of time for the Giants. Doing things right and will get there in the long run.
The difference I saw this year compared to others, was the amount of hard core fans there.
Genuinely hard core.
Actually had to walk up to one guy who was going ballistic. Not that I minded that, but the language in front of women and kids was a problem.
Certainly nothing that thousands of my own supporters would be guilty of week in and week out.
But at least there was genuine passion, if slightly over the top.
But again, no problem with it.

To those who think Dawson is our first choice ruck
I have been to Spotless five times now. One for a narrow win in the wet, two 100-plus wins, last year and this year.
Also went to Canberra for our game in 2016 when you smacked us.
all the best for your club.
I have a lot of time for the Giants. Doing things right and will get there in the long run.
The difference I saw this year compared to others, was the amount of hard core fans there.
Genuinely hard core.
Actually had to walk up to one guy who was going ballistic. Not that I minded that, but the language in front of women and kids was a problem.
Certainly nothing that thousands of my own supporters would be guilty of week in and week out.
But at least there was genuine passion, if slightly over the top.
But again, no problem with it.
I assume you were on the Oppo side? And yeah all clubs have a few. In the members stand where I am I think their neighbours would have done something. I've seen it at Nanuka where a young group were swearing in a stand with families.

:DI have to admit I did tell "point kicker" to Castagna loudly a couple of times though.

Your guys booed Roby at the G. To me that's all good. The line is not cheering injuries or abusing individuals in the crowd.

To those who think Dawson is our first choice ruck

I assume you were on the Oppo side? And yeah all clubs have a few. In the members stand where I am I think their neighbours would have done something. I've seen it at Nanuka where a young group were swearing in a stand with families.

:DI have to admit I did tell "point kicker" to Castagna loudly a couple of times though.

Your guys booed Roby at the G. To me that's all good. The line is not cheering injuries or abusing individuals in the crowd.
We were standing behind the goals at the Richmond end.
He was going ballistic.
I just walked over to him and said something like "Love your passion mate, don't ever stop barracking for your team, but cut the languae out please." I'm a pretty big bloke, 6'1" and 90kg but I was pretty cool to him.
He left straight away and went somewhere else.
I would have liked him to stay as I have no problem with outright passion. ust not in front of women and children.
I was bagging Castagna as well mate. God he was awful.
Injuries are a no go. Most don't tread that fine line and if they do, they get put back in their box.

We were standing behind the goals at the Richmond end.
He was going ballistic.
I just walked over to him and said something like "Love your passion mate, don't ever stop barracking for your team, but cut the languae out please." I'm a pretty big bloke, 6'1" and 90kg but I was pretty cool to him.
He left straight away and went somewhere else.
I would have liked him to stay as I have no problem with outright passion. ust not in front of women and children.
I was bagging Castagna as well mate. God he was awful.
Injuries are a no go. Most don't tread that fine line and if they do, they get put back in their box.
Fine with that. Cant be too bright or maybe seeking conflict choosing to be near the Oppo cheersquad.

Fine with that. Cant be too bright or maybe seeking conflict choosing to be near the Oppo cheersquad.
I think he was a bit slow.
I started yelling out 'knock on' and 'scrum feed' at appropriate moments and he called me out saying "That's rugby league" when most would have seen it as a joke, which it was intended as.

Bounce of the ball and run of the green went the way of the giants this week and the defence was really strong this week
Tarantos best game imo and showing how much of a star he will be and didn’t notice if any players had a more defensive tiger try to shut them down especially with Shaw and Whitfield having big impacts
Not sure many would have had Langdon as one of our top goal kickers this year but he could be second or third by the end of the year

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Round 17 - GWS Giants vs Richmond, Sat 14th July 2018, 7.25pm, Spotless

Remove this Banner Ad

Back